Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9558 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:19 pm

It's a long weekend here so I took the opportunity to re-organise my set-up. This is already proving far more productive than the previous one. It's a pity the Analog Keys takes up so much space, I've had to put it in storage. The monitors are hidden by the Roli. I can see this being a really effective live rig, too, with either the Ultranova or AK added into it.

Image
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
61826 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:14 am

sjm wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:21 pm
vurt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm
spaghetti for tea
Looks like a very serviceable prop for an action movie... which wire do I cut? It's always the red one IIRC.
with matt damon reprising his jason bourne role? :hihi:

sjm
KVRAF
2016 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:38 pm

vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:14 am
sjm wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:21 pm
vurt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm
spaghetti for tea
Looks like a very serviceable prop for an action movie... which wire do I cut? It's always the red one IIRC.
with matt damon reprising his jason bourne role? :hihi:
Bourne Again or Rebourne?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

https://soundcloud.com/steevm/

rob_lee
KVRAF
7886 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:48 am

Todays new arrivals.

Roland TR8s
Roland SH-01a

Gonna set these 2 up tonight and have a jam.. reckon this will do me for live stuff although I have the MB33 and Waldorf Quantum coming this month as well.

Image

Rob

AnX
KVRAF
6583 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 am

you should have waited for the behringer sh101

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9558 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Why? It is ginormous and who knows if it will be any good? It's also an SH 101 emulation, so it will sound pretty ordinary anyway.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

rob_lee
KVRAF
7886 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:17 pm

BONES wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Why? It is ginormous and who knows if it will be any good? It's also an SH 101 emulation, so it will sound pretty ordinary anyway.
It sounds just as good as the original I had way back. Having major problems tonight tho with usb, mac not recognising the latest driver so just using the midi and out straight in to the audio interface here till I figure out what's happening.
Great little set up tho, I'm happy with this.

Rob

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26831 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm

I've been sampling the Abyss this evening ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AnX
KVRAF
6583 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 pm

BONES wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Why? It is ginormous and who knows if it will be any good? It's also an SH 101 emulation, so it will sound pretty ordinary anyway.
clearly he likes the 101 sound, the behringer is MUCH closer.

michelleof7
KVRer
1 posts since 1 Jun, 2018

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:17 pm
BONES wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Why? It is ginormous and who knows if it will be any good? It's also an SH 101 emulation, so it will sound pretty ordinary anyway.
It sounds just as good as the original I had way back. Having major problems tonight tho with usb, mac not recognising the latest driver so just using the midi and out straight in to the audio interface here till I figure out what's happening.
Great little set up tho, I'm happy with this.

Rob
Rob,
Can no longer find any of your newer presets online - such as the following:
- Ambient House & Techno Expansion Synthmaster 2.8
- Synthmaster One Edm Tools Expansion 1

Where can I find / purrchase these?
Thanks!

rob_lee
KVRAF
7886 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:25 am

Rob,
Can no longer find any of your newer presets online - such as the following:
- Ambient House & Techno Expansion Synthmaster 2.8
- Synthmaster One Edm Tools Expansion 1

Where can I find / purrchase these?
Thanks!
I'm re-doing the website mate the sounds will be back up sometime next week with a sale for Halloween.
Having the weekend off to get used to some of this new gear.

Rob

rob_lee
KVRAF
7886 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm
I've been sampling the Abyss this evening ...
Nice Dave :tu: I'm scaling down on gear mate so all I'll have is:
  • Waldorf Quantum
    Waldorf Pulse 2
    Waldorf Blofeld
    Roland SH01a
    Roland TR8s
    Elektron Digitakt
    Elektron Digitone
    MAM MB33
Think that's my perfect setup although the Roland SE-02 is catching my eye but I'll get that maybe at Christmas, no hurry.

Rob

chk071
KVRAF
23276 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:12 am

BONES wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Why? It is ginormous and who knows if it will be any good? It's also an SH 101 emulation, so it will sound pretty ordinary anyway.
Isn't the Behringer SH-101 rather a replica than a emulation? Bit of a difference. The Roland one is a digital emulation, while the Behringer will feature the same (or, at least, closely copied) components. Like it was in their Model D.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26831 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 am

rob_lee wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 am
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm
I've been sampling the Abyss this evening ...
Nice Dave :tu: I'm scaling down on gear mate so all I'll have is:
  • Waldorf Quantum
    Waldorf Pulse 2
    Waldorf Blofeld
    Roland SH01a
    Roland TR8s
    Elektron Digitakt
    Elektron Digitone
    MAM MB33
Think that's my perfect setup although the Roland SE-02 is catching my eye but I'll get that maybe at Christmas, no hurry.

Rob
Did you sell all your Novation gear Rob? I'm about finished buying too (for this year anyway) ... just ordered a Polyend/Dreadbox Medusa (altho the SE-02 has been calling me) :hyper:

rob_lee
KVRAF
7886 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 am
rob_lee wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 am
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm
I've been sampling the Abyss this evening ...
Nice Dave :tu: I'm scaling down on gear mate so all I'll have is:
  • Waldorf Quantum
    Waldorf Pulse 2
    Waldorf Blofeld
    Roland SH01a
    Roland TR8s
    Elektron Digitakt
    Elektron Digitone
    MAM MB33
Think that's my perfect setup although the Roland SE-02 is catching my eye but I'll get that maybe at Christmas, no hurry.

Rob
Did you sell all your Novation gear Rob? I'm about finished buying too (for this year anyway) ... just ordered a Polyend/Dreadbox Medusa (altho the SE-02 has been calling me) :hyper:
Yeah Dave mostly all gone now, just keeping what I need now. Might invest again next year. Roland SE-02 and Behringer Neutron are very appealing to me.
Got my name down for a Cirklon but they tell me it'll be about a year till I get one. Oh and I'll have a Waldorf STVC soon for sound design.

Rob

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”