Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I am still hoping we get the analog filters this year thanks for your hard work Manuel and Rene

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:15 am Has anyone noticed stability issues with FL Studio with Avenger 1.3.5 ? I have an FL project that causes it to crash hard when attempting to load. I ran the IL project fix tool and removed Avenger and the project will now load. I just wondered if anyone else is having any issues before taking it any further.

:)
New project in FL Studio 20.0.5, 3 instances of Avenger, NO problems.

New project in Renoise 3.1.1 macos 10.13.6, one instance of Avenger 1.4, reloading song -> crash/force quit.

zArt wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm New project in FL Studio 20.0.5, 3 instances of Avenger, NO problems.
Thanks, did you create any midi or audio data in the project or was it just an empty project ?
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm New project in Renoise 3.1.1 macos 10.13.6, one instance of Avenger 1.4, reloading song -> crash/force quit.
That's what happens here but in FL Studio, Avenger 1.3.5 and on Windows 7. I won't update Avenger to 1.4 on my studio computer until it's an official release. Every one of my guitar based templates uses Avenger but only the one project so far causes the crash. Odd thing is that it did load just fine before and there was no DAW, Plugin or OS update that would cause the project to suddenly crash on load. Perhaps it's related to the patch that Avenger is using in the project.

I'll keep working on the issue to see if I can reproduce it reliably with new projects. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm
That's what happens here but in FL Studio, Avenger 1.3.5 and on Windows 7. I won't update Avenger to 1.4 on my studio computer until it's an official release.

I'll keep working on the issue to see if I can reproduce it reliably with new projects. :)
I had no problems with Avenger 1.3.5 in FL Studio.

I am currently testing beta 1.4.0 and while it has some bugs, they are not catastrophic.

Had several other projects crash on load today. I was in the groove playing guitar so I didn't want to stop to see what plugin(s) might be causing the issue. Each project has a single instance of Avenger. I'll keep working on the issue to see if I can figure out what's going on. Normally FL Studio is rock solid here and not prone to crashes...
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:56 am Had several other projects crash on load today. I was in the groove playing guitar so I didn't want to stop to see what plugin(s) might be causing the issue. Each project has a single instance of Avenger. I'll keep working on the issue to see if I can figure out what's going on. Normally FL Studio is rock solid here and not prone to crashes...
Biggest mistake I learnt not to make is to close/save the FL Studio project with Avenger audio playing. Once it was no problem with any softsynths, but today, if the project that was closed this way, it will almost surely crash on reopening. But sometimes, even a project with Avenger where the audio was stopped and saved ok just won't reopen. Generally FL Studio VST wrapper is very poorly written and can't handle Avenger properly. "Plugin failed to load" is so common I even stopped paying attention and just click "reload". I experience similar or even worse problems in FL with newer versions of Korg Legacy Collection, esp. Wavestation. Not only the project and program crash, but a restart is needed to clear the hanging FL process from Windows task manager.
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Oh that is an interesting find, can you report that to Rene and also say, others have that experience, too? I also have the feeling, quitting / closing while playing is a bad idea in Avenger

only time it crashes FL Studio 20 for me is if it (Avenger) is playing audio via a midi track and i try to change the preset on the fly (version 1.3.6) it doesn't do that in other DAWs so i think it is mostly a FL Studio problem. Fruity used to be fairly stable but now it seems everything f**ks it up these days. (may be the wrapper) :(
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

No, I am pretty sure it is Avenger's fault, not your DAW, same here with Renoise and Bitwig.

It likes to crash if

- after switched presets, mostly on gui opening/closing
- opening/closing GUI
- reloading song a.k.a. create/destroy instances

SouledOut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:16 am Biggest mistake I learnt not to make is to close/save the FL Studio project with Avenger audio playing. Once it was no problem with any softsynths, but today, if the project that was closed this way, it will almost surely crash on reopening.
I have never once saved a project while the audio is playing regardless of the plugins being used going all the way back to FL Studio 4. :wink:
SouledOut wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:16 amBut sometimes, even a project with Avenger where the audio was stopped and saved ok just won't reopen. Generally FL Studio VST wrapper is very poorly written and can't handle Avenger properly. "Plugin failed to load" is so common I even stopped paying attention and just click "reload". I experience similar or even worse problems in FL with newer versions of Korg Legacy Collection, esp. Wavestation. Not only the project and program crash, but a restart is needed to clear the hanging FL process from Windows task manager.
Like I wrote before FL Studio in recent versions is normally rock solid here or I would have reported it and has been on several systems when using any of the hundreds of plugins I own. The crashes have been a recent occurrence and seem to coincide with the time I started using Avenger. Or at least one thing all the projects that crash FL on load have in common is Avenger however there are a few other plugins those projects have in common. But those are plugins I've owned for quite some time and have not previously caused any issues. I have not had a crash in recent memory with a project that does not contain Avenger nor have I had a "plugin failed to load" error with any plugin although I mostly use third party plugins. The odd thing is all those projects that crash have in the past opened just fine. It appears the crash occurs while trying to load Avenger but I can't be 100% sure yet.

I'm going to try creating a project from scratch with the intention of triggering the crash behavior on purpose. If I can narrow down the cause I can pinpoint the culprit. If it points to FL Studio I'll report it there and if it points to Avenger I'll post here or start a support ticket. For the record I love Avenger which is why it's on all my templates so no hard feelings either way. :tu:

SouledOut what cpu generation and type do you have?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 pm SouledOut what cpu generation and type do you have?
Got 2 PCs, weaker one is Ryzen 5 1400, 16 GB RAM, regular 2 TB HDD, Radeon 7870

The other is Ryzen 7 1700, 32 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB M2 and MSI 1080 Gaming X.

Both on Win 10 64 bit. I admit the crashes in FL occur less on the stronger PC but they do occur.

I got Synapse's Orion latest version (dated, but still working), and also Samplitude Pro X3 (updated regularly). Avenger runs fine in both of those DAWs, not one problem with saving/reopening songs with Avenger present. And never ever had I problem where Avenger refused to load at first, like it does in FL Studio.
Therefore, I think it's FL's problem. Maybe it's the way FL handles extensive Avenger GUI, idk. Whether I use VST3 version, or 64 bit Av in 32 bit FL, no matter.

for all betatesters, here are the ARP chord presets... just go to your arp preset browser, (click on the little square icon left, select: "go to presets folder" and unrar the file here... so that it looks like this \Avenger\settings\Arpeggiator\BetaARPChords\*presets* http://www.vengeance-storage.com/file/BetaARPChords.rar have fun playing around!!

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 pm I have never once saved a project while the audio is playing regardless of the plugins being used going all the way back to FL Studio 4. :wink:
True, it's sick. I got this behaviour from my older times, when I used to open one FL project after another for referencing. Never do that anymore tho.

Return to “Instruments”