Cytomic Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 pm Cytomic: The Synth.
Cytomic: The Sound

The Gleamop

The Sniz

The Dogs Rattlers

Cytomigasm
Always Read the Manual!

Since we have The Drop, we need Cytomic: The Rise

Most of the synths in Ableton LIve 10 Suite like Wavetable, Analog, Operator or Sampler do use filters done by Cytomic.

Not actually full Cytomc synths but at least synths with a Cytomic filter...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm Most of the synths in Ableton LIve 10 Suite like Wavetable, Analog, Operator or Sampler do use filters done by Cytomic.

Wasn‘t aware of this... I‘ll give Ableton Live a fresh try! :tu:

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 pm
Ingonator wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm Most of the synths in Ableton LIve 10 Suite like Wavetable, Analog, Operator or Sampler do use filters done by Cytomic.

Wasn‘t aware of this... I‘ll give Ableton Live a fresh try! :tu:
Just had a closer look. The analog synth in Live is done by AAS (like the Electric, Tension and Collison Ableton devices that do physical modelling) and does not include the Cytomic filters but one created by AAS which is not really bad. The Wavetable, Perator and Sampler synths in Live incuude teh Cytomic filters. Those are the OSR, MS2,SMP and PRD cicruits available fro mteh drop-dowm menu in the filter. Not sure about the "Clean" filter circuit. All of those "circuits" offer 5 filter modes and two slopes (12db/24 dB).

Besides the synths with Cytomic filters Live 10 Suite also includes The Glue compressor as a native Live device and the Ableton EQ Eight equalizer seems to be based on filters by Cytomic too. Those two effects were added in Live 9 Suite.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

he did the filters in alchemy too (not two)

And of course, the FXPansion DCAM synths were done by Andy. Synths that have held up enough over the years that FXPansion added some features but basically left the raw synth engine alone.

AnX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:21 pm he did the filters in alchemy too (not two)
Oh, wow, I have Alchemy and love it!

In the credits of the Xfer Serum wavetable synth it is mentioned that the filter DSP is from Andrew Simper. This in mentioned together with the company name "Vellocet", not Cytomic.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 pm And of course, the FXPansion DCAM synths were done by Andy. Synths that have held up enough over the years that FXPansion added some features but basically left the raw synth engine alone.
The original DCAM synths have held up quite well over the years. Such a rich, warm tone in Strobe...
A well-behaved signature.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 pm And of course, the FXPansion DCAM synths were done by Andy. Synths that have held up enough over the years that FXPansion added some features but basically left the raw synth engine alone.
Came here to mention this.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:59 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm I thought it was common knowledge hes working on a synth
Not everyone spends 90% of their freetime at Kvr 8)
Why not?! :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

My momey is ready if it ever becomes reality...

Return to “Instruments”