One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is still up. Did you experience any problems?

Heh, yes, just noticed. My super smart browser keeps annoying me with not updating stuff that is in its cache. It kept showing me the old site, just needed to refresh.

Ok, thanks, good to know.

Carl_saved wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 am The Open Source Music FM Challenge submission form is up, folks!
EDIT: At least it has been for a couple of minutes.
EDIT2: Still up. all is well
I have submitted my Release Candidate as Draft without any problem. Now it's up to counting "stuff" ;-) Damn I use to many tracks, Plug-ins and ... sigh ;-)

I have submitted my track and published as final. Can't waste more time with it. Need to make two more tracks but first I need at least one or two days break from music :D .

TrojakEW wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 pm I have submitted my track and published as final. Can't waste more time with it. Need to make two more tracks but first I need at least one or two days break from music :D .
Nice one, I have already had a listen...impresive stuff as always, Trojak. My track is kind of a release candidate. I have to wait for some advice regarding the use of Bitwig Plugins...However, I'm not going to do OSC#116 or SWC14...too many tracks too few ideas....so more spare time ;-)

Psst... we now have an actual hardware prize for the winner of the Open Source Music FM Synthesizer Challenge! https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/prizes/

Psychic Modulation (creator of Phonec2 & EchoMelt) just released their legacy plugins on Archive.org
Potential synths for OSC? Windows 32bit only though.

https://archive.org/details/PMLegacyPlugins

Windows only combined with 32-bit would lock out the majority of potential participants...

Maybe I'm bit crazy this month but before I start working on #116 I have finished small project for my brother. He gave me some of his photos to make short video from them, add some movement to them and also create some music for it. I have finished this today so anyone who want to check here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ics328y9Q
So it will be not three tracks but four this month if my brain will be able to survive this :lol: . Sorry for offtopic. Just played about 5 min with Triple Cheese and it sound nice.

Nice track, share it in the Music Café...

Hi guys, the submission period for the Open Source Music FM Synthesizer Challenge is over and we have a fantastic turnout of 15 great entries, including some, I believe, from OSC regulars.

So, let the voting begin: https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/vote/ (voting open until the end of 2018-10-24).

Hello everyone,

another short "thread hijack". Not necessarily as reminder for the Songwriting Competition 014 (on the Mix Challenge community), although that game is still running until the 24th October (7 days left, please spread the word!). But because of informing you of an upcoming and exciting game, that I'm pretty sure you'll be interested to join.

Here is the official news post:
Songwriting Competition - new game idea: Community Scramble

The short version:

I would like to create a yearly recurring Songwriting Competition with a twist. The twist being, that the participants will only be allowed to use a limited array of sounds, The goal is to then create a production out of it (vocals are allowed, but no additional instruments).

The game will start with collecting samples throughout the course of one month. Then, depending on the amount of sent in samples, create a starter-package with up to 20 sample out of it. This sample pack will later be used as the main sound source for the corresponding actual Songwriting Competition. Basically like a "One Synth Only" concept, but with the added twist that interested users provide up to two (nr: 2) self-created samples each, and then we go from there.

When will this game start?

I plan to start the sample collection on 1st December 2018.

The game itself will then be held in January 2019 - the best time for taking your new tools for a spin (after the shopping spree around Black Friday/Cyber Monday and the Winter Holiday Season). The rules of the SWC will apply. Everyone is invited.

Interested? :phones:
Either follow the link above, or head over to:
https://mix-challenge.com

(check the News and Announcements n the forum over there)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Recently I have been experimenting with different DAWs.
While I'm not yet near a point of abandoning Reaper I have found that there are different ways to accomplish a few things that I personally feel are improvements over how I do them in Reaper. But there are also many things I find the Reaper way is superior for me to use (possibly due to the comfort of familiarity).

A possible best of both worlds approach might possible with the use of Rewire.

So before I go down this rabbit hole to see if I can establish a decent workflow I would like some confirmation that this approach would be allowable under the OSC rules.

I don't see anything that would prohibit Rewire. Technically the audio would never leave the hosting DAW as a stem or render so to me it seems to be different than the intent of:
More Clarification: Audio must not be touched at all once it leaves the DAW (aka after bouncing a track or a stem). For example: One cannot master the audio in another software or service.
And I don't see any other rule that comes close to touching on the subject of Rewire (though I could be interpreting something incorrectly).

So TL;DR; to Brain, Richard or anyone else really: Is the use of Rewire to combine two DAWs allowed in OSC?
Thanks.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

at the end of the competition, when the winner is elected, it's much better when you can listen to the compositions directly on the site google one synth challenge. We could see the number of points of each and the ranking and in addition to listen.

the function disappeared from the osc 105 to now, why ?

for example :
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-78-or-2

Return to “Instruments”