UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I guess new factory content is usable in older version, so I will revert back to see my stuff easily.

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:58 pm I guess new factory content is usable in older version, so I will revert back to see my stuff easily.
If the new patches make use of the newly added modules then of course things will be missing.

Which i think is the point of the new patches, to showcase the new stuff, so most probably won't work right.

Another synth that has been on my possible buy list, but I'm beginning to think I should save my pennies and start a new computer build as my woefully underpowered iMac (3.3GHz i5 with 8Gb DDR3 RAM) is really starting to appear slow (not even 2 years old) and I am spending a lot of time watching pretty coloured spinning balls.

The Falcon has landed and seems to be a dishevelled budgie...

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm Another synth that has been on my possible buy list, but I'm beginning to think I should save my pennies and start a new computer build as my woefully underpowered iMac (3.3GHz i5 with 8Gb DDR3 RAM) is really starting to appear slow (not even 2 years old) and I am spending a lot of time watching pretty coloured spinning balls.
From the specs it does not sound like it should be underpowered.

I should be able to get to all the content (I hope) even though the right pane is truncated.
Hopefully they can release a new patch that fixes the issue some are now experiencing.
Edit: The gui of loaded library is also truncated on right. Opening right pane enables plugin library gui to stretch out to right.
Edit: Just loaded first patch in factory content 8 bit Catharsis 1.4 and gui is cut off on the bottom. Switched to small size in preferences and got controls to show on bottom, but again, turning off right pane cuts off factory patch gui on right.
Mixer controls are also only partially showing on bottom.
Edit: Can't see all the modules when editing events. Scrollbar doesn't even go down that far. ... (headache.)

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm I should be able to get to all the content (I hope) even though the right pane is truncated.
Hopefully they can release a new patch that fixes the issue some are now experiencing.
Edit: The gui of loaded library is also truncated on right. Opening right pane enables plugin library gui to stretch out to right.
Edit: Just loaded first patch in factory content 8 bit Catharsis 1.4 and gui is cut off on the bottom. Switched to small size in preferences and got controls to show on bottom, but again, turning off right pane cuts off factory patch gui on right.
Mixer controls are also only partially showing on bottom.
Edit: Can't see all the modules when editing events. Scrollbar doesn't even go down that far. ... (headache.)
Yeah, I have same symptoms when using Fl studio. It happened two updates ago if I remember correctly and it has been like that ever since. Never had any problems before.

For people having graphical issue, it seems that a regression was introduced in the Juce framework couple month ago that wasn't entirely fixed yet. Still I am unable to reproduce it yet...

Does this happens in plugin version only ?
Only OpenGL renderer ?
Which version of Windows ?
Using a global windows scaling ?

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 amDoes this happens in plugin version only ?
I generally don't use the stand-alone.
Only OpenGL renderer ?
No special renderer applied.
No special scaling.

Does this happens in plugin version only ?
-I only use the plugin version.

Only OpenGL renderer ?
-Never use it, but tried it once to see what's happening. And the plugin window zoomed in.

-Win10

-Yes, i have the setting in windows at 125%.

Can you guys confirms me that it works fine in StandAlone version ?
I think I have found the issue

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Yes, just tried it and it works fine in standalone!
Thank you!

Just tried stand-alone three times and it crashed each time without completing launch.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Falconx64.exe
Application Version: 1.6.1.0
Application Timestamp: 5bb60c8d
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.18969
Fault Module Timestamp: 5aa29ff0
Exception Code: c0000026
Exception Offset: 00000000000ecf30
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bd57
Additional Information 2: bd573fea583fe28a6388b7bc1b1e4c03
Additional Information 3: 425d
Additional Information 4: 425d8b5bade8e834a711d00b55314390

otristan, can you also think about cpu saving optimizations and maybe multicore-support? The layer unison seems to be barely usable to me currently, because the cpu usage explodes then while playing a simple chord, even my cpu is pretty fast. Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”