RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

@sircuit

Thank you very much for your indication !

Cheers.

Thanks Rene, looking forward to the update. The features you mentioned would probably save me a couple hours of time when making soundsets ;)

Kudos for this feature

It's a smart feature I havent seen before. I would love it if when decreasing the voices, its lower threshold would be 1. This way the layers which have less unison voices won't turn off before really hitting the ones which have lots of unison. If some layers only have one voice, maybe they can bypass this feature so the voice only works on layers with more than one unison, with a threshold of 1 (so no silent layers).

Hopefully its possible and makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Can anyone confirm is the velocity button is working in envelope 2, which is set to the filter. Increasing the velocity button should assign it to the filter but its not having an effect. I have to manually add a routing in the matrix.

One more feature requests.

Have modulation depth be a target for modulation.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Here is my feature request: License transfer with a fee <$20 and no NFR. :phones:

Trying to save a library

I have 128 fxp presets in a folder.
I have 1GB of multisample content in a folder called arbitrarily "Library 2" in program data/sound content.
The 128 presets use maybe about 70MB of content from within this "Library 2 Folder".

While on rapids browser, It would be nice if I can right click on the folder name which has the presets and select "Create Library". It will then do its thing and place only the used samples that the presets use and call on into its own neat packaged folder containing all the multisamples, tables, and presets. It would probably be best to have a folder for each category.

How should I go about this otherwise?

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pmIt's a smart feature I havent seen before. I would love it if when decreasing the voices, its lower threshold would be 1. [...]
Hopefully its possible and makes sense.
Not sure what you mean by "decreasing voices". Ah, I think there is a misunderstanding. It's not the actual voice count, or number of unison voices. It adds/reduces the mix gain of every voice.
It's thought as quick method to stop the input of all effect stacks. This way all effects e.g. delays and reverbs continue outputting. But no new signal is feed in.
Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 pm Can anyone confirm is the velocity button is working in envelope 2, which is set to the filter.
Working here. Note: The velocity knob in ENV B actually sets how much ENV B is outputting as modulation source dependent on note velocity. So in order to work for the filter cutoff, you also have to use the ENV amount knob for the filter.
If not, yes using a velocity routing entry is the way to control cutoff without filter envelope modulation.
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:12 am Trying to save a library
[...]
How should I go about this otherwise?
I know, now it's a bit too late. But you should have thought about it from start. We use the same functionality and ideally the steps are:
  1. Create a new library for your planned soundset.
  2. Import content to your soundset.
  3. Create presets. Only use content from the factory or your new user library.
  4. Remove all unused content.
  5. Arrange your content into meaningful categories.
  6. Fill out the information tab and hit publish.
Then as final step, you should remove your work in progress user library. And make a test run of all your presets with your finished user library.zip. Eventually fix some presets if they use content that is not included and so on.

Everything after that is up to you.
You can offer MyPresets.zip and MyLibrary1.0.zip, and provide a description of how to install the content manually. Using Rapids Library->Add..
OR you could create your own setups (Win: MyLibrary.msi / Mac: MyLibrary.pkg), installing it in the correct ../Sound Presets/ and ../Sound Conent/ location.

I managed to figure everything out pretty quickly. I went straight into the xml file and sorted things out easily enough. All is good. :)

If a sample is missing, will an error message pop out?

*Edit - Yes. A message does pop up. This makes things easy. :tu:

TTU Youtube

Feature request - Please:

1. Save a Layer as a preset
2. Save an effect stack as a preset

^ I second this. Same thought came to my mind a few times.

What do you think of a unison cutoff spread like in lush 101. In the video, the res is turned up really high to self oscillate but the cutoff is being spread differently from among the voices. I love this feature. Lush-101 is the only synth I know of that has it.

https://youtu.be/5dVY6z3Ch70

TTU Youtube

You can do cutoff spread (or any parameter spread) in Falcon and HALion.

And Diva, ACE and Bazille.

Rapid needs new expansions now ! Enough with the GUI... Now people seem happy with the look, time for sound, time for new fresh presets ! The latest expansion was released 10 months ago !... :?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 am Rapid needs new expansions now ! Enough with the GUI... Now people seem happy with the look, time for sound, time for new fresh presets ! The latest expansion was released 10 months ago !... :?
I second this! Any update on the Euphoric Hardstyle XT??

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 am You can do cutoff spread (or any parameter spread) in Falcon and HALion.
Delta Sign wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 am And Diva, ACE and Bazille.
You know that RAPID has 8 layers? :neutral: Imagine each layer is a unison voice so you can give your unison voice everything you want...

DJErmac wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 am Rapid needs new expansions now ! Enough with the GUI... Now people seem happy with the look, time for sound, time for new fresh presets ! The latest expansion was released 10 months ago !... :?
Next days we will release the next XT "Deephouse". Also two other XTs are finished ("Supernova" and "Synthstruments") but uses the new FX which comes with the next update. I try to finish the Hardstyle XT before x-mas but I think I will first finish the "Future Strike" XT.
I also know that two famous sounddesigners are also working on something but could not say more. :wink:

I love what I'm reading ! :hyper:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Instruments”