PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Oh, cool, sounds better without that noise :)

Basically, the only important thing that's missing is PWM. I wonder why Roland didn't include that :?

Hi Martin,

PG-8X is fine, but do you have any plan for AU mac version or is it really discontinued ?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically, the only important thing that's missing is PWM. I wonder why Roland didn't include that :?
Time constraints before hitting the market, most likely. Additional CV lanes for doing PWM do exist on the PCB, they were just never used. Fred Vecoven actually made PWM happen on JX-10/MKS-70 via a hardware mod (additional daughterboard) and new firmware.

http://www.vecoven.com/superjx/superjx.html

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically, the only important thing that's missing is PWM. I wonder why Roland didn't include that :?
Time constraints before hitting the market, most likely. Additional CV lanes for doing PWM do exist on the PCB, they were just never used. Fred Vecoven actually made PWM happen on JX-10/MKS-70 via a hardware mod (additional daughterboard) and new firmware.

Wow, I didn't knew about this. Thanks :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote:

Shame on you, Roland :hihi: Sometimes competition is just too much...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Shame on you, Roland :hihi: Sometimes competition is just too much...
They wre hardly pressed by the incredible success of Yamaha DX7 at the time, and they didn' knew what to do to fight that.
Fernando (FMR)

Right, that synth ended the analog era to a certain extent.

(double post from products main page here on kvr)
just found this plugin, thanks so much! Already using it on a first track. (and donated ;-) )

Does anybody know if the pg800 works as a good controller for this plugin? I am a sucker for hardware to control synths :-). Are there any better controllers out there? It's hard to keep track of all the projects/little products out there. It automatically mapped in my Advance VIP keyboard but I'd like something a little bit more resembling the UI

Hi Martin, I have used this plugin for years now, I absolutely love it but unfortunately I have to use the earlier version that you had when you created an AU version. I have asked before many times so just once more - is there any chance that you will create an up to date AU version, I'm sure lots of people here would use it. I have donated before but would gladly do it again if there was a chance? Thanks

planetearth wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:03 am Has anyone noticed that in the latest Windows 64-bit version of PG-8X (v2.0.13), you can turn on portamento, and save the preset (and the project), but if you re-open the project or call the preset back up, portamento is still checked, but not working?

I've been able to reproduce this in the latest, 64-bit versions of Sonar Platinum, FLS 12 and Reason.

Steve
As @carla asked earlier, is this cool synth discontinued? I had asked about a potential bug in it a few months ago, and I don't know if Martin it's something Martin can (or wants to) fix.

Either way, I really like this synth. I was just hoping to get the portamento issue fixed--or find out if anyone else has encountered the same problem.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Free synth. Discontinued. LOL. :D

pulse width modulation is possible with some trickery
-Set both osc's to square , and same tuning
-only osc 2 is enabled in mixer
-enable first sync mode
-set pitch envelope for second osc to 5
-set pitch envelope to invert mode
-PLay with pitch envelope attack/decay stage

Voila ..true pulse width
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am pulse width modulation is possible with some trickery
-enable first sync mode

Voila ..true pulse width
That's the trick Roland wrote in the manual of the JX-3P and JX-8P right? :lol:

It kind of works, but it's not the same thing, and we loose an oscillator in the process.
Fernando (FMR)

Nice synth and the gui is awesome!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am pulse width modulation is possible with some trickery
-enable first sync mode

Voila ..true pulse width
Not sure I understand why the pitch envelope is necessary for that. The envelope execution in such simple synths is a single iteration.
So, what exactly is happening based on the above instruction?

Return to “Instruments”