Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:33 am blah blah same old shit

we get it, you dont like the 101. Maybe its time you let go, eh.

Dunno why you waste your time, mate. Troll's gotta troll.

That's what you do when you got no argument to make - accuse the other person of doing something wrong. Pathetic.
AnX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:26 amwe get it, you dont like the 101. Maybe its time you let go, eh.
It doesn't matter whether I like it or not, it's the simple fact that it is a below average synth that nobody ever used seriously if they had a choice in the matter. I don't know how I can be any clearer on the subject.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 am That's what you do when you got no argument to make - accuse the other person of doing something wrong. Pathetic.
AnX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:26 amwe get it, you dont like the 101. Maybe its time you let go, eh.
It doesn't matter whether I like it or not, it's the simple fact that it is a below average synth that nobody ever used seriously if they had a choice in the matter. I don't know how I can be any clearer on the subject.

i dont know how i can be any clearer. I love it, and I don't care what you think. Which part of that don't you understand?

Hey Bones
Things were simpler back then, it was all about usability and sound preferences were secondary to that. When I bought my first synths, I bought two of them, JP4, Sh101, and a drum machine, TR707. I soon realised that these machines were not fit for the mini studio I wanted; cv control versus midi and all that. So the synths were replaced with a Poly800II, a DW6000 and a Tascam four track recorder. I could record a sync signal on one track from the Poly800 and then send it to back to Poly800, so my tracks were synced to my gear. Even such a pre-workstation-era studio was so superior to having a pile of analog “junk” that it would be nuts to keep any of it just because you “liked” its sound.

Today people can choose gear like in a candy store and all practical reasons have become secondary to sound preferences. Old timers like us are simply just outdated in this brave new world.

That said, there was one sound that my sh101 could do that I still remember as WOW, namely a PWM modulated bass with all waves active that my bandmate and I send through a chorus. BOOM. But certainly not worth keeping it for back then.

what kind of world would it be if we all liked the same things?
very organised probably.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:26 pm what kind of world would it be if we all liked the same things?
very organised probably.
Only if we all liked it very organised.

Everyone should like what i like. So tired of discussions… :(

AnX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 ami dont know how i can be any clearer. I love it, and I don't care what you think. Which part of that don't you understand?
Well, for starters you could say why you love it, perhaps with a few examples so that we get the best understanding. I've done that several times, mostly to show people what I love about Wasp's sound. And that's the thing, when all you've got to say is that you love it, examples help. To be fair, I could do the same to show my side of the discussion but I'd be getting stuff off 35 year old cassettes so I'm not sure that it would really help to show anything worthwhile.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:34 am
AnX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 ami dont know how i can be any clearer. I love it, and I don't care what you think. Which part of that don't you understand?
Well, for starters you could say why you love it, perhaps with a few examples so that we get the best understanding. I've done that several times, mostly to show people what I love about Wasp's sound. And that's the thing, when all you've got to say is that you love it, examples help.

jesus, you really won't let it go....

why do i have to explain myself to you?

my original comment was to Rob. The point was the Behringer clone sounds closer/more accurate. He was happy with the Roland digital version. End of conversation. You come along to say how crap the 101 sounds and demand to know why anyone can like it. Seriously, who the f**k are you? Why the f**k do i have to justify anything to you? Should i make a list of everything i own and let you critique it? I dont give a f**k if im the only person in the world who likes it.

You don't like it? Guess what.... i dont care, and i really dont understand why you care if i do.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:34 pm Everyone should like what i like. So tired of discussions… :(

you should talk to bones about "snappy" :lol:

AnX wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:20 amThe point was the Behringer clone sounds closer/more accurate.
And my point was that you are full of sh!t because you can't possibly know that. We are talking about an instrument that you can't buy and that you may never be able to buy if talk of the law suits Behringer is facing are true (and include Roland). Moreover, it's a claim that would be impossible to prove because you can't read parameter values on an SH 101 so you will never get sliders in precisely the same positions to know if they sound precisely the same.

Shiny, shiny ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 pm Shiny, shiny ...
Awesome. Well jealous of that. Been eyeing them for a while now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 pm Shiny, shiny ...
Awesome. Well jealous of that. Been eyeing them for a while now.
I was on the fence about it for a while ... decided to jump before Brexit as I can see prices going up. The sequencer is taking some understanding ... but the possibilities are enormous. Loving the sound so far.
I found this vid about the sequencer really useful and informative. Some of the features don't come across so well in the manual.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”