SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Captain wrote:
Again, I'm really really hoping SM gets to the same level in stability, bug-freeness (is that a word?) and polish as some of my other favourite synths. Otherwise I wouldn't care, but in their core, SM1 & SM2 are fantastic synths, and seeing them live to their full potential would be amazing. I totally get it how difficult this is for a small developer... but here's to hoping! :)
Amen to that!

It sure would be nice if KV331 dropped by here on occasion to let us know how things are going. Last post was 3 months ago. :o

I noticed that their Twitter account is still active, but nothing here at KVR recently...

Looking forward to SM 3. :hyper:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Bulent is working on SM 3. I'm not sure but I think there will not be any more SM 2 updates, unless there's some nasty show stopper.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Bulent is working on SM 3.
I sure hope so!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

fmr wrote:Bulent is working on SM 3. I'm not sure but I think there will not be any more SM 2 updates, unless there's some nasty show stopper.
Well if this is the case is really a bad representation of his product, I mean how is that like no there will be no more updates?. many people paid for Synthmaster 2 and still there is some problems that have to be fixed.

So do I have to pay for Synthmaster 3 in order to see the synth playing better and with bug fixes? that is a bad practice and I'm just being honest.

I hope and can't even believe he would do like that.

JunSev wrote:
fmr wrote:Bulent is working on SM 3. I'm not sure but I think there will not be any more SM 2 updates, unless there's some nasty show stopper.
Well if this is the case is really a bad representation of his product, I mean how is that like no there will be no more updates?. many people paid for Synthmaster 2 and still there is some problems that have to be fixed.

So do I have to pay for Synthmaster 3 in order to see the synth playing better and with bug fixes? that is a bad practice and I'm just being honest.

I hope and can't even believe he would do like that.
I'm in no way a representative of KV331 Audio, therefore, I cannot speak for Bulent or the company, but usually, when a new version comes out, development for the previous version ceases, except for some nasty bug that prevents users to access the product (I remember the incompatibility between iLOK License Manager and Tone 2 Saurus 1, for example).

I have Saurus 1 and Rayblaster 1, and I don't have any more updates, nor am I expecting them to release updates anymore.

Anyway, if Bulent delivers anything that's thought for SM 3, I guess every SM 2 user will upgrade (especially since he usually don't charge that much for the upgrades). But, as I said, I have no authority to speak in behalf of Bulent or KV331 Audio. I'm just a user, like any other.
Fernando (FMR)

In my humble opinion it's not too good releasing a new version, potentially payware, while leaving the current one with clear evidence of existing bugs; and, mostly ignoring support requests or bug reports posted here with not any feedback.

It does not concur to establish trust in the product and the developer. Sure not.

- Mario

mabian wrote:In my humble opinion it's not too good releasing a new version, potentially payware, while leaving the current one with clear evidence of existing bugs; and, mostly ignoring support requests or bug reports posted here with not any feedback.

- Mario
Yet it's how all the major developers always behaved. All major software labels (and I'm not talking about just music, but also music) at a certain point simply abandon the old versions ang jump to the new versions. All old bugs will remain in the old versions forever since.

For example, I detected a problem that prevents me from using Cubase 9 in my laptop, due to incompatibility with the graphic drivers. This problem was identified and corrected in the new 9.5.30 version but version 9.0.40, which was the last one, will remain unchanged. So, if I ever want to run Cubase in my laptop again, I'll have to pay the upgrade to version 9.5 or later :shrug:

I'm not saying that Synthmaster 2 will not be updated anymore - I DON'T KNOW. I just know that Bulent is planning SM 3, and that's what I wrote. Just that.
Fernando (FMR)

Both Synthmasters have some minor issues to be fixed,but honestly i prefer SM3 to be released asap,i mean considering that it's huge amount of work,the developer better focus on quality and functionality of new sm cause old ones still works fine in 99% of cases on my system,some users write me for crashes on mac,but i don't have such with win8,sometimes the sound of sm1 get distorted or second filter of SM2 stop working,but it's rare and i am not sure isn't DAW related issue,so can't wait for the new machine :)

I bought Synthmaster player from Plugin Boutique, my account says locked??!!! Nobody has answered my support, I've sent him a PM here, this doesn't bode well, I got it cheap but was thinking I'll get a cheap upgrade to full version maybe.

I waited a week with NO answered ticket!!!

they seem very hit and miss.
Most people claim they had fast help, I too waited a week and a half for support once.

Doesn't look good for him, why would I want to invest more money if he fails to support, reading the comments he's a bit flaky it seems. I'll give it another week, that's fair and see what he has to say...

breakmixer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:46 am Doesn't look good for him, why would I want to invest more money if he fails to support, reading the comments he's a bit flaky it seems. I'll give it another week, that's fair and see what he has to say...
Try to contact via official facebook page. I had no problems getting fast answer.

I doubt Bulent doesnt answer just because. Email might got stuck in spam or else, we are all human and stuff can happen like getting sick ect.

From KV331,

"I just checked and thre is no problem with your account. You can download your products with your license keys"

Yet, it still doesn't work, I've screen saved the 'account locked' message, attached it and replied to support again, so ongoing. He didn't check his PM here btw.

Return to “Instruments”