v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Strum Pattern Generator
yay!
something new to play and have fun with! :D

Awesome !!!
You have so much control over the strum, being able to bring a ringing string to a stop X, combined picking patterns with strumming, I can set the mute keyswitch to a slide, bend or other articulations instead.

One thing I found was if you are using a vst (I tried Kontakt and Sforzando it's ok using RC sfz) in the phrase inspector when you are looping the phrase then change something or regenerate if will go out, like it needs to send notes off first or something when you change things while playing/looping.

If your VST mutes by low velocity I suppose you could use the soft strum pick set to the instrument's vel level for mute.

Will keep trying it out...
Thanks !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think the UP/Down arrows need reversing so when the arrow is down it will play the lowest note first, unless it's Jimmy Hendrix strumming with the guitar behind his head (I think it's set as down/up on the piano keys).
I was trying to work out the strum timing but I see the default is Subdivision Rhythm so it strums to the rhythm, so to get it on the beats to set a pattern I just use Simple Intervals, it's all good, the more options the better.

Plectrum
per beat/strum
Cltr click >delete ? (to save toggling all 5 states)
Shift click >delete all ?
Alt click >toggle all ?
Palm mute KS checkbox to set note as default ?

Dyads I used them for the first time is some piano tracks, I thought "that sounds good like in "Let It Be", then I saw on your website some days later you said the same thing.

Ok I'll go back to trying it more.

crossovercable wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 am I think the UP/Down arrows need reversing so when the arrow is down it will play the lowest note first, unless it's Jimmy Hendrix strumming with the guitar behind his head (I think it's set as down/up on the piano keys).
Now that would be cool, option for playing with teeth too.. :D

very good strum generator. I only did not notice how i can change the pattern so that always only 2 or 3 strings are play in general even if i press the dice button . I notice i can set to 5 th chord, but it always play all strings, or i need delete strings manual.

I mostly use guitar vst so it play with vel upto 64 mutes and above that sustain. I can set the soft strum velocity to 62 to play mutes. but it is more easy to use the m switches. maybe there can easy add an option "use soft strum as mute articulation" ?

that the strummer enable or disable mutes is great, maybe there can add a guitar solo generator simular that way. the solo generator have additional to mute buttons also switches for bend half, bend full, slow or fast vibrato. this articulations can do with pitch bend controllers.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I can copy/paste phrases between instances but not selected Master Track Chords so I need to save them, close the other instance, reopen it then import them from Progressions.

+1

crossovercable wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 am I can copy/paste phrases between instances but not selected Master Track Chords so I need to save them, close the other instance, reopen it then import them from Progressions.
select chords right click to open Master Track inspector,
click to "Open Chords In Progression Editor" see there "Drag!"
now you can drag drop the selected chords anywhere in the timeline (overwrite paste)
but yes it would be great to have native copy paste (even maybe insert paste too) :roll:

EDIT:
like this

I can copy then paste the selected chords in 1. RapidComposer
but I can't paste them into 2. RapidComposer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crossovercable wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 am I can copy then paste the selected chords in 1. RapidComposer
but I can't paste them into 2. RapidComposer:
ah! sorry..
seems i miss "between instances" part! :dog:

That's ok thanks anyway.

In the Settings I can see there is a Snap to beat when cursor stopped option, but you need the cursor to snap to the beat if snapping is enabled (unless another setting I have missed ???).
If you copy a lot of phrases then click on the start of a bar where you want to paste them the cursor don't snap to the beat and can be out by a tiny bit, if you look in the previous post pic when I click on bar 6 of the second RC it's not snapping to the beat and snap is set to "Bar".

BluGenes wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:50 am
crossovercable wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 am I think the UP/Down arrows need reversing so when the arrow is down it will play the lowest note first, unless it's Jimmy Hendrix strumming with the guitar behind his head (I think it's set as down/up on the piano keys).
Now that would be cool, option for playing with teeth too.. :D
I am so sorry, I fixed that already! :oops:
When I grabbed my guitar I knew immediately how stupid I was. :lol:
I will implement your suggestions about Ctrl/Shift/Alt-click and will upload a new beta on Sunday or Monday.

I include a screenshot from this new update. This time this is not a fake screenshot ;)

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

👍👍👍

LOL

Very good solution

Return to “MusicDevelopments”