The official Hypernode for Kontakt thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hypernode

topaz wrote:Exactly what we have been saying all along.

This is an awe full way to sequence, I don’t know of any sequencers that have to be triggered a bar early. It’s a nightmare for workflow and why exactly would you implement this ?

Either kontakt has an issue syncing to the bar or your scripts do ?
rigidaudio wrote:
topaz wrote:Here you go, you can clearly see Hypernode is triggering a bar late.

your video is not demoing a proper example as you are simply clicking buttons on the script. try using midi notes and try and arrange a song.

ps, I use Cubase Pro now but still have live 9 so as to demo in line with what you are testing in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDgoFojI8g
rigidaudio wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxTPk5NIFk

I've recorded a quick video recording/sequencing Hypernode. I did record a simple 4-bar phrase and then stopped recording. In between i am switching patterns like crazy. I am not experiencing any glitches and everything is in perfect sync :?
The demo is a proper example as triggering the keyswitches with the mouse is the same as using MIDI notes. But i see now what you mean, as i stated previously, you have to do keyswitches BEFORE the next bar :tu: That should do the trick.

So if for example you want to start your song with the intro pattern, but have a different one currently active, simply do the switch with the mouse manually before starting the playback in your DAW or yes, start one bar before the song actually starts and draw in a keyswitch to select the pattern you want to begin with.
It is the way Hypernode works since it was designed to be played in realtime.

You can simply add a second MIDI clip that takes care of keyswitches if required so that you don't have both chord/melody notes and keyswitches mixed up in one clip.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here, I want to use it in real time but the bloody thing triggers a bar late.

Oh well, one mans feature is another mans enemy.

topaz wrote:I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here, I want to use it in real time but the bloody thing triggers a bar late.

Oh well, one mans feature is another mans enemy.
You CAN use it in realtime as shown in the almost 40 videos that i did. It *is* not one bar late - you just need to do a keyswitch in advance.

But i will investigate and think about an update concerning this (an option to do keyswitches instantly or on the next bar).

An option is always better than none. (if they work)

Experimented a little and found that in my case, using FL Studio 20 64-bit (windows), piano roll, for the parts to all sync together, had to put the pattern key switch notes on the 2nd beat of a 4-beat measure (including on the very first measure - I think this is important to start the beat in the right place), then that pattern will trigger exactly on the 1st beat of the very next measure;
and put the lead and accompaniment notes on the first beat of each measure like usual (or play the lead and/or accompaniment parts manually of course).
You do have to play at least one note on the accompaniment to get the patterns going at the start of the track

how do I delete a post?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Huh?

I have this ant haven't fired it up yet. I need to! Will users be notified by E-mail for an / the update?

Still waiting for the spacebar update......

kingryan wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:55 pm Still waiting for the spacebar update......
He's not answering anymore. Guess he abandoned his creation. Luckely I got compensated because I did a preorder and a month or so after release it was on sale already. I will never support this guy again......

Still advertised a lot...

rigidaudio wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm
Protocol_b wrote:Bought via pre-order, just sweating out the wait now. I love that there are separate NKI's, that means I can run them on separate input channels (MIDI guitar), and if I want to use my own samples the MIDI-out of Kontakt will let me separate out the MIDI stream by channel.

I get the impression that the snapshot keys are separate, and thus not playable tonally. What I mean is, I would prefer an option whereby I can dictate that eg. snapshot #1 is loaded and triggered by, say, C2. So I play C2 - snapshot #1 loads - snapshot #1 plays and it plays in C2 (assuming sequence is programmed at root). I don't have a spare hand for keyswitching because MIDI guitar.

Regardless though, waiting eagerly - fantastic concept! (I suggested to Five12 a while ago that he should come up with a version of Numerology or something like it using K script, Windows users would finally be able to use his product via Kontakt, but it didn't catch fire with him I guess.)
Thanks!
Yes, you can let the modules send MIDI to the outside world.

I see what you mean.
The "snapshot" keys (keyswitch-keys) can't be played, that is correct. They're currently just for the pattern switching. But you can of course trigger them using your MIDI-guitar, so that e.g. C2 would trigger the intro pattern Intro and D2 would playback the verse pattern.
Hi
Hi there

First of all, I just wanted to say that I got Hypernode today, and within around 10-15 minutes of just messing around, no manual reading or anything, I roughly "get" this (I think!) and think it is really ingenious, I honestly don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Congratulations on making such a deep, useful, fun, super-cool instrument! Opens up a lot of possibilities -- gives good inspriation for an initial song basis, as well as for "filling in" missing parts of existing songs, when you're not sure what you're looking for, but you know it when you hear it!

So fare, my only complaint -- or at this stage, really a question -- relates to being able to automate:
-- (most importanlty) the song part buttons (Intro, Verse, Chorus .... Outro, Stop)
--the Randomize Sounds button
--the Randomize Tables button

Because right now, I am able to do some pretty cool live performaces, just by picking a style, then playing a latched red key, and then -- all with my mouse -- changing song parts, going from verse to chorus and back, for example; and sometimes randomizing Tables now and gain.

The problem is, I can't seem to record any of these changes. Under Kontakt's Automation panel, I have tried dragging unassigned CCs to these buttons, but they don't seem to "stick". I don't see any keyswitches. So I can do great live performances, but the changes aren't captured.

Just focusing on capturing the changes in song parts -- the only way I can think of is to have 1 instance of Kontakt loaded for each song part, and feed them midi as appropriate, while all are recording. But that is cumbersome to do live, because I'd have to record song parts seperately. This is do-able, but not nearly as fun as playing it live.

Can you advise? Above, you said mentioned "C2 would trigger the intro pattern Intro and D2 would playback the verse pattern" -- that sounds like setting up keytswicthes (I'm using a keyboard, not a midi guitar), which would be perfect! How do I do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:56 pm
rigidaudio wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm
Protocol_b wrote:Bought via pre-order, just sweating out the wait now. I love that there are separate NKI's, that means I can run them on separate input channels (MIDI guitar), and if I want to use my own samples the MIDI-out of Kontakt will let me separate out the MIDI stream by channel.

I get the impression that the snapshot keys are separate, and thus not playable tonally. What I mean is, I would prefer an option whereby I can dictate that eg. snapshot #1 is loaded and triggered by, say, C2. So I play C2 - snapshot #1 loads - snapshot #1 plays and it plays in C2 (assuming sequence is programmed at root). I don't have a spare hand for keyswitching because MIDI guitar.

Regardless though, waiting eagerly - fantastic concept! (I suggested to Five12 a while ago that he should come up with a version of Numerology or something like it using K script, Windows users would finally be able to use his product via Kontakt, but it didn't catch fire with him I guess.)
Thanks!
Yes, you can let the modules send MIDI to the outside world.

I see what you mean.
The "snapshot" keys (keyswitch-keys) can't be played, that is correct. They're currently just for the pattern switching. But you can of course trigger them using your MIDI-guitar, so that e.g. C2 would trigger the intro pattern Intro and D2 would playback the verse pattern.
Hi
Hi there

First of all, I just wanted to say that I got Hypernode today, and within around 10-15 minutes of just messing around, no manual reading or anything, I roughly "get" this (I think!) and think it is really ingenious, I honestly don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Congratulations on making such a deep, useful, fun, super-cool instrument! Opens up a lot of possibilities -- gives good inspriation for an initial song basis, as well as for "filling in" missing parts of existing songs, when you're not sure what you're looking for, but you know it when you hear it!

So fare, my only complaint -- or at this stage, really a question -- relates to being able to automate:
-- (most importanlty) the song part buttons (Intro, Verse, Chorus .... Outro, Stop)
--the Randomize Sounds button
--the Randomize Tables button

Because right now, I am able to do some pretty cool live performaces, just by picking a style, then playing a latched red key, and then -- all with my mouse -- changing song parts, going from verse to chorus and back, for example; and sometimes randomizing Tables now and gain.

The problem is, I can't seem to record any of these changes. Under Kontakt's Automation panel, I have tried dragging unassigned CCs to these buttons, but they don't seem to "stick". I don't see any keyswitches. So I can do great live performances, but the changes aren't captured.

Just focusing on capturing the changes in song parts -- the only way I can think of is to have 1 instance of Kontakt loaded for each song part, and feed them midi as appropriate, while all are recording. But that is cumbersome to do live, because I'd have to record song parts seperately. This is do-able, but not nearly as fun as playing it live.

Can you advise? Above, you said mentioned "C2 would trigger the intro pattern Intro and D2 would playback the verse pattern" -- that sounds like setting up keytswicthes (I'm using a keyboard, not a midi guitar), which would be perfect! How do I do this?
UPDATE: figured it out. I did not see the yellow keyswitches at first.

I am not having any of tyhe syncing problems other mention, I find this thing to be very playable. I like it a lot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Quick question: I figured out how to control the song parts (Introl - Vere - Chorus) using the lowest notes (C0, D0, E0....). But I haven't been able to find a MIDI note / command / controller to trigger the 2 randomizers (RND sounds / RND tables).

I think there must be a way, but I could not figure out just reading the script code.

About 18 months ago, Hypernode's author mentioned an update that would deal with DAW transport 'Stop' action also halting Hypernode itself. Does anyone know if anything came of this?

Return to “Instruments”