The official Hypernode for Kontakt thread

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
rigidaudio
KVRist
194 posts since 23 Dec, 2015 from Berlin

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:32 am

topaz wrote:Exactly what we have been saying all along.

This is an awe full way to sequence, I don’t know of any sequencers that have to be triggered a bar early. It’s a nightmare for workflow and why exactly would you implement this ?

Either kontakt has an issue syncing to the bar or your scripts do ?
rigidaudio wrote:
topaz wrote:Here you go, you can clearly see Hypernode is triggering a bar late.

your video is not demoing a proper example as you are simply clicking buttons on the script. try using midi notes and try and arrange a song.

ps, I use Cubase Pro now but still have live 9 so as to demo in line with what you are testing in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDgoFojI8g
rigidaudio wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxTPk5NIFk

I've recorded a quick video recording/sequencing Hypernode. I did record a simple 4-bar phrase and then stopped recording. In between i am switching patterns like crazy. I am not experiencing any glitches and everything is in perfect sync :?
The demo is a proper example as triggering the keyswitches with the mouse is the same as using MIDI notes. But i see now what you mean, as i stated previously, you have to do keyswitches BEFORE the next bar :tu: That should do the trick.

So if for example you want to start your song with the intro pattern, but have a different one currently active, simply do the switch with the mouse manually before starting the playback in your DAW or yes, start one bar before the song actually starts and draw in a keyswitch to select the pattern you want to begin with.
It is the way Hypernode works since it was designed to be played in realtime.

You can simply add a second MIDI clip that takes care of keyswitches if required so that you don't have both chord/melody notes and keyswitches mixed up in one clip.

topaz
KVRAF
4237 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: The official Hypernode for Kontakt thread

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 am

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here, I want to use it in real time but the bloody thing triggers a bar late.

Oh well, one mans feature is another mans enemy.

rigidaudio
KVRist
194 posts since 23 Dec, 2015 from Berlin

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 am

topaz wrote:I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here, I want to use it in real time but the bloody thing triggers a bar late.

Oh well, one mans feature is another mans enemy.
You CAN use it in realtime as shown in the almost 40 videos that i did. It *is* not one bar late - you just need to do a keyswitch in advance.

But i will investigate and think about an update concerning this (an option to do keyswitches instantly or on the next bar).

topaz
KVRAF
4237 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 am

An option is always better than none. (if they work)

synzh
KVRist
251 posts since 27 May, 2013 from Leesburg, VA

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Experimented a little and found that in my case, using FL Studio 20 64-bit (windows), piano roll, for the parts to all sync together, had to put the pattern key switch notes on the 2nd beat of a 4-beat measure (including on the very first measure - I think this is important to start the beat in the right place), then that pattern will trigger exactly on the 1st beat of the very next measure;
and put the lead and accompaniment notes on the first beat of each measure like usual (or play the lead and/or accompaniment parts manually of course).
You do have to play at least one note on the accompaniment to get the patterns going at the start of the track

tedcousens
KVRer
7 posts since 27 Dec, 2017

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am

how do I delete a post?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dandezebra
KVRian
804 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Huh?

I have this ant haven't fired it up yet. I need to! Will users be notified by E-mail for an / the update?

kingryan
KVRist
69 posts since 28 Oct, 2007

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Still waiting for the spacebar update......

kingryan
KVRist
69 posts since 28 Oct, 2007

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

kingryan wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Still waiting for the spacebar update......
He's not answering anymore. Guess he abandoned his creation. Luckely I got compensated because I did a preorder and a month or so after release it was on sale already. I will never support this guy again......

dandezebra
KVRian
804 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Still advertised a lot...

Return to “Instruments”