Xils-lab PolyM : Update to v1.1 + Launch offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyM

Adam Borseti (soundcloud.com/synthoid). He made also several beautiful patches for PolyM. Love this synth and the sound is very inspiring.
Triune Trinity wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am
Lotuzia wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:26 amIt can sound like this :
https://soundcloud.com/xils-lab/through ... -the-ocean
Who is the genius that composed that track?

e-musician wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 am
Lotuzia wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am Import soundbanks problem v 1.1 : This should be fixed now . You'll have to DL/install the new version. Also there was a global gain problem for presets created with v1.0 version, then resaved with the latest version( New global VCA level settings were ignored). It should now be fixed as well ( I did not test the new version, but will do so this afternoon)
I can confirm that the latest version (V1.1.1) fixes the import/export issue.
Thank you!
Thanks, I did not yet test bank import, but the other problem is also fixed for good. I was able to save all my presets and the global gain settings are now saved correctly :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

freecham wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 am Adam Borseti (soundcloud.com/synthoid). He made also several beautiful patches for PolyM. Love this synth and the sound is very inspiring.
The second half of that 5-min audio is really nice, sad in a positive way...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 pm
freecham wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 am Adam Borseti (soundcloud.com/synthoid). He made also several beautiful patches for PolyM. Love this synth and the sound is very inspiring.
The second half of that 5-min audio is really nice, sad in a positive way...
Than you should be a fan of Vangelis, Tomita and Kitaro :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Some new sounds I made with the PolyM

PolyMage

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:45 am PolyMage 2
Both examples sounds great. The first few notes in this one sounded a bit like a part from some Twin Peaks music. :)

Examigan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 am
Lotuzia wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:45 am PolyMage 2
Both examples sounds great. The first few notes in this one sounded a bit like a part from some Twin Peaks music. :)
Ah Twin Peaks. Good souvenirs for me. I listened again to the main theme written by this brilliant italian guy, Badalamenti, and yes it's true, there's something a bit similar :o . Not intentional, but maybe a reminiscence :) Thinking of it further, Twin peaks ost is full of plucked and strings instruments. Wich I think the PolyM exels in.

More PolyM sounds

PolyMage 3

Btw Mage = Magus/Wizard in french

Edit 16/10/2018 : And the last one : The longest, around 7mn long iirc

PolyMage 4

Bought it yesterday. Very cool synth with a great sound and very interesting structure/features, namely the very accessible keyboard splitting for each "module" which makes it quite performance-oriented and also the "mixer" which blends-in the different filter banks (automating/modulating those faders makes great textures).

I have a couple questions though, which are not explained in the manual:
- How is the VCF GLIDE fader supposed to work? Moreover, the value seems to be stuck at 100ms (bug?).
- What is the FLT. button in the "Loudness Contour" supposed to do? I tried a few things but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks

Niowiad wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm Bought it yesterday. Very cool synth with a great sound and very interesting structure/features, namely the very accessible keyboard splitting for each "module" which makes it quite performance-oriented and also the "mixer" which blends-in the different filter banks (automating/modulating those faders makes great textures).

- How is the VCF GLIDE fader supposed to work? Moreover, the value seems to be stuck at 100ms (bug?).
- What is the FLT. button in the "Loudness Contour" supposed to do? I tried a few things but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks
FLT Button : Ties the filter (the polyphonic one) to the VCA envelope (like in the original model. A bit weird, but the Polymoog IS a weird machine :)
VCF Glide : Affects the Moog Ladder Filter ( So the monophonic one) According to the Filter Trigg Mode, the glide will occur at every key stroke, or on the first note if you play legato ( So to hear it you need to have a good hearing of the ladder filter) Note you can mute the different sources in the mixer -click on the label- It helps a lot when you want to hear precisely how each one sounds) The slider should work though. In my PolyM it works ok.

Lotuzia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:25 pm
Niowiad wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm Bought it yesterday. Very cool synth with a great sound and very interesting structure/features, namely the very accessible keyboard splitting for each "module" which makes it quite performance-oriented and also the "mixer" which blends-in the different filter banks (automating/modulating those faders makes great textures).

Thanks
FLT Button : Ties the filter (the polyphonic one) to the VCA envelope (like in the original model. A bit weird, but the Polymoog IS a weird machine :)
VCF Glide : Affects the Moog Ladder Filter ( So the monophonic one) According to the Filter Trigg Mode, the glide will occur at every key stroke, or on the first note if you play legato ( So to hear it you need to have a good hearing of the ladder filter) Note you can mute the different sources in the mixer -click on the label- It helps a lot when you want to hear precisely how each one sounds) The slider should work though. In my PolyM it works ok.
Thank you, I managed to hear both of them in action.
The VCF Glide is a beautiful thing :love: This is the first synth I have which does that.
The value always reads "100ms" and doesn't change (I'm on 64bits REAPER's latest version, Windows7), but luckily the filter glide still takes place according to the fader's position, and it's a very natural and smooth transition effect which I alctually tried to create with other synths before, with no luck.

I'm having a terrible time with v1.1 and now v1.11 preset management. Exporting a preset instantly crashes Logic every time (latest version in Mojave). This happens on both of my Macs. Creating a new Bank brings up the box to type the name in, but clicking OK just deletes the name I typed - all I can do is Cancel. These are just a couple of examples - almost nothing seems to work as expected for me in the preset manager. And one fussy thing... the new preset manager says "Ctrl or Shift: Multi Item Selection", but this should be Command or Shift on the Mac version - this typo and all the problems I'm having makes me wonder if this was thoroughly tested on Mac. I am wondering if these are issues with Mojave's increased security measures - maybe PolyM needs access to storage areas and it is crashing instead of asking for access? Hey, but PolyM sounds fabulous!

Lotuzia wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 am More PolyM sounds

PolyMage 3

Btw Mage = Magus/Wizard in french

Edit 16/10/2018 : And the last one : The longest, around 7mn long iirc

PolyMage 4
Very nice sounds indeed, that certainly are a great surplus to the OTB presets.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:36 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks
Thank you, I managed to hear both of them in action.
The VCF Glide is a beautiful thing :love: This is the first synth I have which does that.
The value always reads "100ms" and doesn't change (I'm on 64bits REAPER's latest version, Windows7), but luckily the filter glide still takes place according to the fader's position, and it's a very natural and smooth transition effect which I alctually tried to create with other synths before, with no luck.
Hmmm yes I think to remember something similar. Probably a display bug on the return value routine. I'll transmit this to Xils, it shouldn't be very hard to fix in the next version. Tbh I almost never read values, I do it all by ear, but to those who value a lot this form of feedback, it's certainly better it's not frozen on a certain value.

Return to “Instruments”