Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
SteveWZ
KVRian
705 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 pm

This preset is completely changing a section of a song into a dark ambient vibe, then coming out of it on the first beat of the next section.


An experiment....


https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... rain-world

PointReyes
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Dec, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Amazing multi-FX plugin -- creativity-wise it kills everything else (like Movement -- most of Output's stuff struggles hugely in the GUI department for me, including Movement) like it, and it's truly great sonically.

However, not being able to automate individual parameters is a gigantic deal for anyone who wants to do even basic creative mixing with the plugin. There must be a way to make it so the parameters stick with wherever you place each module, because this is a deal killer for me. Some may not want this -- that's totally fine, but every plugin I own has automation for pretty much every parameter, for a very good and basic reason. Again, it's a really major deal for a creative plugin like this.

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
29640 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:05 pm

PointReyes wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm
Amazing multi-FX plugin -- creativity-wise it kills everything else (like Movement -- most of Output's stuff struggles hugely in the GUI department for me, including Movement) like it, and it's truly great sonically.

However, not being able to automate individual parameters is a gigantic deal for anyone who wants to do even basic creative mixing with the plugin. There must be a way to make it so the parameters stick with wherever you place each module, because this is a deal killer for me. Some may not want this -- that's totally fine, but every plugin I own has automation for pretty much every parameter, for a very good and basic reason. Again, it's a really major deal for a creative plugin like this.
I presume you can automate the macros at least?

User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
423 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Yes, the 8 macros and everything in the "global section" like the input volume, output volume, global mix etc.

So far this has always been enough for me.

PointReyes
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Dec, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 pm


I presume you can automate the macros at least?
Thanks for mentioning this -- I hadn't messed around with Macros yet. This would be an OK workaround but automating tons of parameters differently (as one often might or would in deep mixing and sound design) would be a major time killer, and you'd only have 8 macros to use even in that case. There's no reason not to implement total automation (like almost every plugin I own), as it would only help those who need it and not harm/get in the way of those who don't, in any way.

Output's Movement (which I don't like) moves any parameter automation on any module no matter where you move the module -- so it's completely possible to do, and Unfiltered needs to implement it. I'm hoping this pre-release has some unfinished things like this which will be cleared up with the official release.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
1964 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 pm

You can automate the main parameters and the macros. The macros can control
multiple parameters including modulators. If you look at things from a network
pov, you will realize very little would actually be gained via providing automation
directly to the effect parameters beyond an unreasonable number automate-able parameters. imho...

Anyway, they really need to come up with a price. Waiting for it is starting to get lame.

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRian
1313 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm a little confused. I thought, with the demo having been made available last week, that BYOME was already for sale. I shouldn't have tried it yet because now I want it! :hihi:

I haven't read through the whole thread so I may have missed it, but does anyone know a release date? Also, any word on how much BYOME will cost? Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
423 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm

No, release date and price have not yet been announced.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
22996 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Didn't they say release sometime this month?

PointReyes
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Dec, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm

pekbro wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 pm
You can automate the main parameters and the macros. The macros can control
multiple parameters including modulators. If you look at things from a network
pov, you will realize very little would actually be gained via providing automation
directly to the effect parameters beyond an unreasonable number automate-able parameters. imho...

Anyway, they really need to come up with a price. Waiting for it is starting to get lame.
I think they should have the option for normal automation for any parameter (like they do in their other plugins - not clumsy at all, in fact extremely fast and efficient) and it would show up by name in the automation lanes. not Macro 1, Macro 2, etc.).

Macros serve no purpose for anyone who just wants to grab a parameter and automate, again like all their other plugins. But it's indeed a truly great idea for some things -- but it should absolutely not come at the cost of individual parameter automation, which is part of what makes music making in the modern DAW world so great for people like me with gigantic projects and very complex mixes.
Last edited by PointReyes on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRian
1313 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks Delta and control, I'll email UA and report back here if they reply.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
1964 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm

The only difference is the label really. Theres nothing you could accomplish
via automating individual parameters that you couldn't do with current design.
If that seems unclear to anyone, they likely need to think more mechanically.
Providing access to individual parameters would only add to cpu and memory
overhead likely. IMHO that would be hardly worth it.

PointReyes
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Dec, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:10 pm

pekbro wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm
The only difference is the label really. Theres nothing you could accomplish
via automating individual parameters that you couldn't do with current design.
If that seems unclear to anyone, they likely need to think more mechanically.
Providing access to individual parameters would only add to cpu and memory
overhead likely. IMHO that would be hardly worth it.
I totally disagree, based on my experience with it already. With a plugin like this I want to be able automate large amounts of parameters and very clearly see what they are in the automation lanes. Simply different people who do different things -- no one is right or wrong at all here. But they shouldn't have removed their original way of doing it, should have just added the great Macro function.

Does letting one be able automate all parameters really take up CPU? Does it in all of their other plugins that allow this, and every other plugin maker? I genuinely would like to know, I'm not being facetious.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
1964 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm

PointReyes wrote:
Does letting one be able automate all parameters really take up CPU? Does it in all of their other plugins that allow this, and every other plugin maker? I genuinely would like to know, I'm not being facetious.
Of course, each parameter is data that needs to be addressed by the host at all times. Thats how
it works. With BYOME, its done dynamically and internally eliminating a huge amount of overhead.

PointReyes
KVRer
9 posts since 6 Dec, 2016

Re: Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Never mind, figured it out.
Last edited by PointReyes on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”