Cytomic Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:44 pm
andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 pm The manual, audio examples, tutorials, web page, and a bunch more
I'm quite sure I'd buy your synth without any of those, if you just finish it and make it available at least for us here at Kvr :lol:
...with no GUI, Airwindows style :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Andy I'm seeing that Cytomic is clearly struggling to keep with the demand, this is clearly a call for it to expand and hire more people (either that or clone your self), don't get me wrong I just want more toys to play with LOL I've read your posts and I'm worried you wont develop the fuzz pedal you were taking about a few post ago.

Hope to see The Scream new developments soon.

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm Andy I'm seeing that Cytomic is clearly struggling to keep with the demand, this is clearly a call for it to expand and hire more people (either that or clone your self), don't get me wrong I just want more toys to play with LOL I've read your posts and I'm worried you wont develop the fuzz pedal you were taking about a few post ago.

Hope to see The Scream new developments soon.
I think it's fantastic to have a company like cytomic , it's the software equivalent of pristine boutique hardware .
The long waiting times are always worth it .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'd prefer to see other companies step up to Cytomic's quality level and let Andy work on raising the bar!

Yeah but I think other companies are set on their level and they wont push as hard as Andy does, take UAD for example which is one of the big boys making emulations of analogue gear, their level of emulation is locked in those old shark chips that cant take to much detail because of heat constrain and computational power, if UAD is fine with that level of detail imagine the small companies that don't have much resources.

What I'm trying to say is that Andy's talent and attention to detail is one of a kind and I would like to see him establishing as the definitive leader.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:21 pmThere is also Overload's Breverb in there, and Angus did some as well, I think primarily in the form of X4 effects (eg four filters in parallel), I think SKoT did the noise gate, so really it's a big mix of stuff.
Interesting. Was Breverb your reverb of choice to go with the synths?
Which verb(s) do you prefer nowadays with your instruments?
Thanks

acYm wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 am Interesting. Was Breverb your reverb of choice to go with the synths?
Which verb(s) do you prefer nowadays with your instruments?
Thanks
I haven't done any reverbs as I was concentrating on circuit modelling, and FXpansion had already licensed Breverb for BFD, so that is what was used for Synth Squad too. I not that fussy when it comes to reverbs, I'll use anything, but normally I just the built in one of the DAW or something from Valhalla.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 amNot in existence, but could it be possible? Mr. Cytomic I know you're here!!
DIS TRHREAD. Ha, I read the idea in the "Cannot take FXPansion seriously" thread (to wake up andy) but didn't actually think someone would really start a thread, begging for yet another instrument ;-)

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm Ha, I read the idea in the "Cannot take FXPansion seriously" thread (to wake up andy) but didn't actually think someone would really start a thread, begging for yet another instrument ;-)
Have you listened to my songs? Do you really think I'd have an original ideas of my own :lol:

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm Yeah but I think other companies are set on their level and they wont push as hard as Andy does, take UAD for example which is one of the big boys making emulations of analogue gear, their level of emulation is locked in those old shark chips that cant take to much detail because of heat constrain and computational power, if UAD is fine with that level of detail imagine the small companies that don't have much resources.

What I'm trying to say is that Andy's talent and attention to detail is one of a kind and I would like to see him establishing as the definitive leader.
Thanks! I do think UAD do a great job with their emulations, and having those emulations take a fixed amount of processing power on their cards, which is a limit of fragmentation of the available compute power on over multiple Sharc chips. It's really difficult getting lots of detailed crammed into a minimum of fixed processing, so definitely hats off to them.

I also support a low and fixed CPU mode, but unlike UAD I take advantage of the CPUs more monolithic power and offer more detailed modes for my models, and also way more advanced oversampling options for pristine audio quality :) I'm actually glad that UAD don't do this, since then it makes Cytomic products more useful!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Now that we have an answer to the synth question, the next obvious question is that... When do we see a Cytomic hardware? :hyper:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:41 am Now that we have an answer to the synth question, the next obvious question is that... When do we see a Cytomic hardware? :hyper:
About 1 day after the release, someone will set up a linux/mac/win box booting automatically and loading Cytomic, put a sealed card box around it and sell it for 5 times the price of the computer plus Cytomic license plus some Midi controllers...

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:41 am Now that we have an answer to the synth question, the next obvious question is that... When do we see a Cytomic hardware? :hyper:
We're soon in the 2020s. Give me the best software! Hardware? been there, done that.

But me like dem boxes :<

I couldn't wait for the Cytomic Synth, so I have just re-purchased DCAM synth as I really miss a lot Strobe (obviously the filter is a killer). I did a big mistake few years ago by selling it :smack: But I'm very glad that I have found it again (in the 2nd hand market)!

Strobe 2/ Cypher 2 didn't cut it for me really. I liked the first versions much more both in sound and GUI design.

Return to “Instruments”