2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 am No, you can use it with any other mixture of reverb(s).
I presume this is addressed to me?

I understand that Precedence is "usable" with other reverbs, but I think you're missing something if you don't see that there's an implied "optimal" use of the plugin, which is paired with Breeze 2.1 (and I guess other 2CAudio reverbs).

From my perspective, there are quite a few ways to get results equivalent to your "usable" scenario, and those ways, while sonically interesting, don't avail themselves of what's unique about Precedence, or the Precedence/Breeze pairing.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Surely if this was built into Breeze it would be the definitive reverb
Amazon: why not use an alternative

holding out for BeeTuTu :D

sqigls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 pm holding out for BeeTuTu :D
You mean : B2B :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

that is the question

Nope...

to B2B or to B2,too... THAT is the question :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

cturner wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 pm
jens wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 am No, you can use it with any other mixture of reverb(s).
I presume this is addressed to me?

I understand that Precedence is "usable" with other reverbs, but I think you're missing something if you don't see that there's an implied "optimal" use of the plugin, which is paired with Breeze 2.1 (and I guess other 2CAudio reverbs).

From my perspective, there are quite a few ways to get results equivalent to your "usable" scenario, and those ways, while sonically interesting, don't avail themselves of what's unique about Precedence, or the Precedence/Breeze pairing.

Yes, it was directed at you and I disagree with you. I tried quite a few plugins in the past that were kind of similar but none of them gave me the same kind of "realistic space" sensation as Precedence. Over the top and larger than life, yes, but basically invisible and still very present? Nope! In the end they were rather messing the overall image of the mix up than doing something to improve it, which does NOT at all seem to be the case here. Could you give an example of what other plugin would be doing the same thing with just as good results?

As I mentioned I have Breeze but while I like it it's far from being my main GoTo reverb and yet I think Precendence is a no-brainer.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 am What you can do is to single click anywhere in to Position Display and the Angle and Distance parameter values will jump to this location and there will be only one update, with a very small click -- almost inaudible.
Nope, unfortunately not anywhere - only outside that big position circle, so fine-tuning is nigh impossible using this method.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Then set Breeze Mix/Balance to the same value as Precedence Distance. Now you will have the full expected depth/distance result.
Does that mean "Mix" rather than "Balance" - to match Precedence Distance? I'mliking it alot better with "mix".
Here's a procedure which I think will help testing it with other reverb plugins:

- Use an existing track that has already reverb on it you are satisfied with.
- disable it and load Precedence before it: Find a setting for Precedence that sounds good, realistic and natural to you (i.e. nothing over the top). Perhaps try some of the presets for this.
- now enable the reverb plugin and start to slowly reducing its amount while keeping to disable/enable Precedence until disabling it suddenly makes the source sound poor, dull and lifeless - et voilá.

Disclaimer: this worked well for me, but I basically only use real instruments so I can't say how good that works with artificial sources.
I'm using it from close distances - like 9-12 feet, with a small room in Breeze 2 - and when I disable Precedence, it *immediately* sounds flatter (with just Breeze 2). It's *very* noticable, so works here too! ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 pm
Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm yes, we would love to start doing videos.
while that sounds great, my comment was profoundly tongue in cheek. I take it you haven't ever watched any of Chris' videos? :hihi:
Presumably the point is 'just start, better to do anything than to do nothing at all'.

And I'm only one person :D

If anyone wants a referral from me to save $20 from 2c, send me a PM. I can give you a referral which will save you $20 and then I get a $20 voucher as well. You have to have a 2c account set up on their store. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:20 pm If anyone wants a referral from me to save $20 from 2c, send me a PM. I can give you a referral which will save you $20 and then I get a $20 voucher as well. You have to have a 2c account set up on their store. :phones:
Only for brand new customers though, right? If you own any 2C plugins already, it doesn't apply.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:20 pm If anyone wants a referral from me to save $20 from 2c, send me a PM. I can give you a referral which will save you $20 and then I get a $20 voucher as well. You have to have a 2c account set up on their store. :phones:
Only for brand new customers though, right? If you own any 2C plugins already, it doesn't apply.
Yes I believe you are right. Here are the rules. Maybe Andrew can clarify. It appears "The Friend" shouldn't have a 2c account to start with and the referral applies to their first purchase.

In this case you would want a 2c product, not have purchased from them before, and if you contact me I can give you a referral for your first purchase saving you $20. :phones:
The Referral Program allows passionate users and aspiring "product ambassadors" to earn $20 in Loyalty Points for every new customer they help bring to the family. We allow clients to earn up to $500 in Reward Points in this manner, but referring up to 25 people at whatever pace they would like! The system works like this:
  1. The Referring Client must have purchased at least one product from us.
  2. The Referring Client enters the name and email of the friend he would like to refer in "My Referrals" found in "My Account".
  3. The Friend is notified by us that he has been referred by the Referring Client.
  4. The Friend creates an account at Designer Sound, and is himself given a $20 voucher as a well as a welcome gift.
  5. The Friend makes his first purchase, and names the Referring Client as the person who referred him.
  6. The Referring Client receives a $20 voucher that he can use immediately or save for later use.
  7. Optionally, but highly recommended, the Friend buys the Referring Client a beer to thank him for sharing and getting him a welcome gift.
    Everybody wins.

Wow sleep is good! Whoever invented sleep is a genius! Yay, I can think again. :D

sqigls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 am yeah i don't think it's really a WOW effect unless you're a bit of a chinstroker perhaps...
this morning i was fuffing around with it and Breeze2, it was quite something, but it's like... how would you say... possibly more evident as a cumulative effect in a composition etc... not sure. i guess in the coming days there will be more coming to light, but i'm sure there are gonna be some composers out there who are salivating over this one.
Will be interesting to hear what people can get out of it.
Precedence is not something ultra exciting and novel to explore new sexy "never before sounds" like Kaleidoscope, for example. Kaleidoscope is perhaps more fun and sexy in this regard.

The point of Precedence is simply to create the sound you have heard every single day of you life since birth, whenever you go into the real world (what's that? :D ). You should wonder, "what's the big deal? I've heard this before..."

But the real question is, have you heard it before coming out of a computer and speakers/monitors/headphones, or have you only heard it in real acoustic environments?

Precedence attempts to recreate what actually happens in real acoustic environments.
sqigls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 am hang on...
you don't own Breeze!?
fark in ell mayt
get on it
Indeed. :wink:

Return to “Effects”