Most inspirational thing

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know a lot of people are inspired by different things like nature,emotion,experience so on but i'm curious what you guys find as most inspirational thing in music,why you listen,create or discuss at all anything with anybody related to the music - i know what drives me,it's absolutely inspirational feeling of freedom and relax,pleasure and passion that only music can bring,it's like opium for my brain cells :):):),but still What is that thing,which music gives you,that no other art can give ?

The most inspirational thing in music to me, perhaps oddly, is music itself. There's something beautiful in how diverse the landscape of music is - there's nothing I love more than exploring it, wandering around it almost randomly and seeing where I end up.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

IMHO, I'm always trying to make something new. I know very well when It comes to hear someone's music, automatically I'm trying (my brain, set up with rhythm that he likes) to make some kind of "copy" which is not good. Try experimenting with different sounds and you will se with what you will end up!

I’m driven/inspired by the processes of sound creation, composition, performance and recording themselves, as well as by learning and self-improvement, and actually, by a bunch of other things besides.

I guess it’s the love of music most of all, in every way. Other than that, it can be other art forms - art, poetry, literature, etc.

Not sure that is logical at this point(after more than 20 years)but my entire idea of playing music comes from absolute amateur playing cheap synthesizer with no idea of chords and harmony,but finding the right notes by trying - when i ask him how he even success to play the right notes,he answer me:
- It's easy,music is fantasy :):):)
This sentence change my whole understanding and perception about music from something impossible for me to something easy,that's why probably i always try to make original stuff,it's fantasy :):):)Cheerz :)

There is inspiration, which is a kind of excitement and pleasure at listening to something that is touched by some genius, and then there is a full on spiritual or religious experience, where tears run down your face. I wonder about those lucky few who found themselves in that place where art exists, separate from business and every day reality.
<List your stupid gear here>

For me music is a mystical experience. I don‘t understand why - I need to play, to get closer. Its a spiritual path in a material world. And this has nothing to do with religion, it goes beyond and there is no faith required as its based on my real experience...
egbert101 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 pmI wonder about those lucky few who found themselves in that place where art exists, separate from business and every day reality.
That place is rather separate from business and every day illusion. Creating art is a way of life. We are kept in the illusion that life is a fight for survival, in reality the universe is supporting us with all we need. We just lost faith in that reality and rather think we need a supermarket and a pocket full of money to feed ourself instead of going out and grab an apple from a tree and just be with our friends and our tribe...
Those are rich who need little not those who have a lot...
Music can give us the emotional hint and connection to the reality beyond our everyday illusion...

i think there are two things that continually inspire me. One is that i seem obsessed with duality, and there is a style of music i desperately want to hear that combines two things that no one seems to be even vaguely interested in doing, or only doing in a kind of half-assed or nostalgic way. It combines the forms and songwriting i grew up with with the sounds and design i started learning as an adult. It may not even be inspiration, but i'm compelled to try and create the perfect synthesis of these two things (i always fail, which is why i keep making music).

Second is that i feel that music is the only art form that can really convey emotion in the abstract ways we actually feel them. Literature and visual art are just too descriptive, too explicit...if you remove decipherable language (not singing altogether), i think you can almost directly link to the actual state of the musician, without the barrier of description. i think it's the most human and universal of expressions.

i suspect that what we call 'magic' of music or influence over emotions,moods,thoughts so on may be real thing related to frequencies,harmonics and how our mind work,could be some kind of stimulation of something,i don't know...i read somewhere that human thoughts and fantasies are perceived as 'real' stream of information by the brain along with real events,so all we could be in a collective illusion inside some Matrix.Cheerz :):):)

I like/love various aspects of music on a whole number of (sort of different) levels.
Sometimes it's just a feel that I can't describe. Something simply touching me for whatever reasons. I rather try not to examin what it might be because that might destroy the sensation. Can happen with very difficult kinds of music.
Sometimes it's the groove. When it just moves me. This is a very important part of the music I like to play myself.
Then it's also a certain raw energy that might catch me, usually happeing on live gigs (ideally also including some of my own gigs).
And well, yes, sometimes it's also the performance touching me. Like truly excellent technical performance that manages to keep all aspects of musicality.
There's also intensity. When a chorus is repeated for a gazillion times and you wish it would never end, or whatever.
I also admire intelligent music. Compositions stunning me. People mastering weird meter changes.

Ideally, these things come as one big package, but I enjoy music only concentrating on one of these aspects almost every bit as much.
The broad mixture of all these things makes it quite hard to find my own ways of doing things.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

i like music i can get most in.
repetition of a simple rhythm and melody with imperceptible changes on each repeat but overall the change is to the extreme, perhaps it's a filter opening or the tempo slowing...

if i can listen to that for an hour or more im so rested at the end and often feel a huge disparity in how long it felt compared to how long it actually was.
there's a certain calmness in my mind that not even doctors and psychiatrists over 30 years have ever managed.

Yes, music is the ultimate cure...

Something to do instead of drinking.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:31 am Something to do instead of drinking.
Needless to say that the two - occasionally - work pretty well hand in hand. Or at least they seem to.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sometimes it fuels my rage against this messed up world, other times it calms it before I go too far...I really am an angry, angry man... :x ... :D

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”