Anybody got a Plugiator yet ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scotty wrote:Here are some images from my TouchOSC templates for the plugiator. All synths can be controlled with this multipaged template. As stated previously the effect parameters use Aftertouch CC commands which touchosc didn't support when I created this but they are now supported so this template would need to be updated if the effect controls are to be controlled. I added many of the effect controls on these templates as I guessed that this support would be added layer. I just need to map the controls to those parameters and they should be able controllable. All other parameters work from this template.
Minimax.PNG
B4000.PNG
Prodessy Page 1.PNG

[quote="Scotty"][quote="Scotty"] All synths can be controlled with this multipaged template touchOSC tempalte. As stated previously the effect parameters use Aftertouch CC commands (Delay and Chorus efx) which touchosc didn't support when I created this but they are now supported. Thus, this template would need to be updated if the effect controls are to be mapped. Regardless, I added many of the effect controls on these templates as I guessed that this support would be added later. I just need to map the effect controls to those parameters and they should be able controllable as well. All other parameters work from this template.

Very cool! :clap:

Thanks Uncle E. I am going to take a crack at updating the template over the next couple of days to see if I can get the remaining efx paramters to map which use after touch CCs.

For now I have a configuration using loopbe to the standalone editor through this template which gives parameter feedback on the touchosc. In this configuration you select the preset using the standalone editor, then the touchosc template updates, and you can record controller automation into the DAW (tested on Cubase) from the template. I took great care that all of the indicators were accurate to the parameter feedback so they snap exactly to the text even on those busy round indicators for the drum and bass template.

The template really opens up the plugiator. The XY control surface is fun as well. All synths appear on one template as touchosc supports a tabbed interface.

- Scotty

Is there a download site for Touch OSC templates?

Scotty wrote:Thanks Uncle E. I am going to take a crack at updating the template over the next couple of days to see if I can get the remaining efx paramters to map which use after touch CCs.

For now I have a configuration using loopbe to the standalone editor through this template which gives parameter feedback on the touchosc. In this configuration you select the preset using the standalone editor, then the touchosc template updates, and you can record controller automation into the DAW (tested on Cubase) from the template. I took great care that all of the indicators were accurate to the parameter feedback so they snap exactly to the text even on those busy round indicators for the drum and bass template.

The template really opens up the plugiator. The XY control surface is fun as well. All synths appear on one template as touchosc supports a tabbed interface.

- Scotty
Nice!

Now, how about some audio demos!? :D
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I can send you the file if you want to make your own. I am happy to share.

Are there any stand-alone midi controllers that can be mapped to use the plugiator synth parameters (beyond the 8 surface knobs)? By stand-alone I mean NO PC required.

I've been looking into the Novation Remote SL and it seems to be the only controller out there with UI and memory for storing template patches with custom CC assigns. It can be programmed directly through its user interface and large screens.

any other midi controller out there for this purpose?
PLUGIATOR aficionado: pil files, manuals, PC manager, MIDI implementation:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UWAJpN4R8X
Product keys: PRODYSSEY M9367HR5FE48 PRO12 MD3LGXCK5E77 FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D VOCODIZER KHM7XEG78Y

EDITED
Plugiator files are abandonware at this point, since Use Audio’s website went offline in 2017. I uploaded the files that came with my unit including the PC plugin manager (didn't bother with the mac OS file since it's broken on Sierra) pil files, manuals and MIDI implementation sheets. I don't think it's possible to remove plugins from the plugiator once they are installed, but it's very annoying to be forced to input the product keys on the PC manager every time I upgrade or switch to a new computer. I have no idea if my product keys would work for anyone else but here they are:
PRODYSEY M9367HR5FE48
PROPHET MD3LGXCK5E77
FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D
VOCODIZER LKHM7XEG78Y
DRUMSNBASS ADHTFXTKY22H
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Zaiten on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Product keys: PRODYSSEY M9367HR5FE48 PRO12 MD3LGXCK5E77 FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D VOCODIZER KHM7XEG78Y

My Plugiator is still being used. Will search out where my resources are tomorrow. I remember loading the instruments years ago now. I shall look this all over thanks.

Zaiten -

This really brings back memories. Scope still holds up to this day.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

was it? John Bowen of Solaris fame that has written about some Finnish guy appearing out of the tundra, doing this exceptional coding, then disappearing into the tundra again.

fateamenabletochange wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 pm was it? John Bowen of Solaris fame that has written about some Finnish guy appearing out of the tundra, doing this exceptional coding, then disappearing into the tundra again.
thanks for the reference, do you have a link? I recall reading about that a while back but I hadn't been able to pin point who or where. I think it was from an article comparing the ineptitude of millennial programmers writing bloated inefficient code that choked even the most generous specs; compared to 80s and 90s programmers who optimized code for tiny rom chips and puny ram/cpu specs.
Last edited by Zaiten on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you guys have any user presets for Plugiator instruments? I remember there were lots of them available online (accessible from within the Plugiator editor) but I didn't download any unfortunately.

Reference might have been John writing in a thread at forum johnbowen dot com about the old Creamware days.

Return to “Instruments”