RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

sounds brilliant! ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

HcDoom wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 pm Can you draw your own envelopes and lfos in this one...like Absynth and Serum can? If not, is this planned to add or...?

HcDoom wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:27 pm
HcDoom wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 pm Can you draw your own envelopes and lfos in this one...like Absynth and Serum can? If not, is this planned to add or...?
You can use the sequencer also as LFO and create your own shapes with it.

Mirko R. wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 pm You can use the sequencer also as LFO and create your own shapes with it.
Ok, didnt know you can draw your own shapes...Does this work for envelopes as well?

anyone else has this error - latest update of rabit with ableton 10.4 64 bit win 10
when i close both instances, i can open the plugin again, but when i save and reopen the plugin i get the following screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sacer wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am anyone else has this error - latest update of rabit with ableton 10.4 64 bit win 10
when i close both instances, i can open the plugin again, but when i save and reopen the plugin i get the following screen
What happens when you give the plugin a key trigger?

It plays the sound, but can’ click anything. If I open a further instance and haven’t closed the plugin, the other instance also get this problem. I have to remove all instance and then the plugin starts without this error.
I have the problem in my computer and notebook. I have deinstalled an installed again and also authorized again. The problem remains.

sacer wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am anyone else has this error - latest update of rabit with ableton 10.4 64 bit win 10
Never heard of it before. There should never be a circumstance where the text is empty. Looks like a visual glitch to me.

It worked before right? Since when does the problem occur?
I'm suspicious of Ableton again. In 10.0.2. they destroyed AU parameter recall, just to fix it in 10.0.3.

Reading their latest beta changelog
wrote:Bugfixes:
In combination with older GPUs, Live's splash screen and GUI might appear completely blank on Windows.
This sounds oddly specific, I have a bad feeling. You might want to try the latest beta of Ableton. Or wait until the fix it in the main version.

In the future, for optimal support, send an email at info@parawave-audio.com for more specific help. Hard to read multiple posts here to get all details.

@parawave: is there any way to rename (in a future update and as long as it wont kill backwards compatibility) the Macro knobs and the front panel modifiers (cutoff @ stuff) to something starting with “00” or “AA” so they apprar first in modulation parameters list? As I remember Reason can’t access so many parameters and Apple just f-ed automation switch to last tweaked knob and scrollig the list takes forever.
Last edited by sircuit on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-duplicate-

sircuit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm @parawave: is there any way to rename (in a future update and as long as it wont kill backwards compatibility) the Macro knobs and the front panel modifiers (cutoff @ stuff) to something starting with “00” or “AA” so they apprar first in modulation parameters list? As I remember Reason can’t access so many parameters and Apple just f-ed automation switch to last tweaked knob and scrollig the list takes forever.
I would like this too, but as far as I know most DAWs don't allow parameter rename/reorder after startup. It would essentially break all automations in projects.
By the way, macros and master controls are one of the very first parameters. Look out for
"M-Macro-1" = First Macro
"M-EnvB-Cutoff" = Cutoff Modifier on the master page.

What about MIDI learn, is there no way to directly record the changing parameters (like Touch automation in Logic)?

OK, so there was a glitch with the latest Logic update, with the support on another forum I managed to regain the lost features. For what is worth, indeed Touch automation would do the trick (is been so long I stopped using it as Apple introduced the autoselect automation that I completely forgot about it).

I had something like that with one project in Sudio One 3.5, Windows 7. It had been made with a very first version of Rapid but when I load this project ow (the next-to-last version of Rapid, same version of Studio One), all isntances of Rapid play correctly but show a black rectangle instead of the GUI.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I am on win10 64 with ableton 10.04 and 10.03 both cause this error on my two systems (desktop and notebook)
It started with rapid 1.5.0 and also with 1.5.1
With the older versions I had no issues.
I am using a i7 5960x with NVIDIA 970GTX new driver - don‘t think it‘s the graphic card - I think its a copy Protection issue, I had something similar with tone2 causing problems with ilok two years ago. I can test on other daw, I have reason, bitwig and NI Maschine

sacer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:18 am I am on win10 64 with ableton 10.04 and 10.03 both cause this error on my two systems (desktop and notebook)
It started with rapid 1.5.0 and also with 1.5.1
With the older versions I had no issues.
I am using a i7 5960x with NVIDIA 970GTX new driver - don‘t think it‘s the graphic card - I think its a copy Protection issue, I had something similar with tone2 causing problems with ilok two years ago. I can test on other daw, I have reason, bitwig and NI Maschine
1.5.0+ and Ableton 10.0.3+. Can't replicate it here. It's probably not a copy protection issue, since there is sound output. It would stop otherwise.

This is not a support topic. Please, can you write a support inquiry at Contact Us or info@parawave-audio.com
With the same mail you used to create your account. Thanks.

Ideally, to fix any form of issue, we need a 100% reliable way to replicate it. Empty project. No other plugins. And the certainty that the DAW works correct. Otherwise it's impossible to guess the cause.

Return to “Instruments”