VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:26 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:20 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:15 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 pm Picked it up for $28 using a voucher combination. No complaints. :)
Really?
How?
I can’t use more than one voucher at a time.
Of course you can, depends on the combination and the value. The exact logic is unknown to me though...
Well I have 2 vouchers, I tried both the different combinations and it doesn’t work...
It seems you cant combine the Survey Voucher and the Monthly Voucher, at least I cant.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I occasionally get the 'pending' status when the seller launches a new product and they swamp Paypal with an unusually high number of requests. Think it's just a payment protection thing Paypal do in case a company is going wild with peoples moneys !

blortblort wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:09 pm Seems I recall seeing this as an issue, but ...it was not one for me until now:
I just purchased BYOME (!!!) and while I had the demo installed and all the presets were showing...I used the PA install manager to download and install what I thought would probably be the most updated version for my licensed install...all that went fine, but...
now the presets are all vanished!
I have plenty of UA plugs... so I did a search for *.uap and there is NOTHING in the presets folder for BYOME
as I am on Windows 7, the path for this should be AppData>roaming>Unfiltered Audio>BYOME>presets (empty)
I did open a ticket...
was just checking here to see if this has posed a problem for anyone else?
Sorry to hear that! Here are the presets if you or anyone else need them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/joaqe99grqqh1 ... 7.zip?dl=0

Thank you to everyone for making this our most successful launch ever! It's been quite the journey for us.

Please keep on sending in bug reports to PA. We are preparing a bug fix release based on early access feedback.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:15 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:07 pm Picked it up for $28 using a voucher combination. No complaints. :)
Really?
How?
I can’t use more than one voucher at a time.
I got the heavy-hitters discount bringing it down to $99 + VAT, then used my PA voucher for $75 ... making it $24 + VAT.
I think there's a 2 voucher limit, as I was unable to use my $25 survey voucher, otherwise it would have been free.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pmI got the heavy-hitters discount bringing it down to $99 + VAT, then used my PA voucher for $75 ... making it $24 + VAT.
I think there's a 2 voucher limit, as I was unable to use my $25 survey voucher, otherwise it would have been free.
Don't repeat "24+VAT", it makes me depressive, since I did not try the vouchers. But OK, UA needs my money :-D

Bug? In Studio One, the effect window forgets about its size with every new instance. The more blurry font is not optimized for being small... so the window has to be resized every time.

Ranoka wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm
33tetragammon wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:19 pm has anyone been able to purchase it and receive a license yet?
on my Paypal it still says 'pending'
my credit card is valid.
it doesn't show up in the Plugin Manager (only as trial).
I contacted sales support, haven't heard back yet.
I've been caught out by this before.
Once you've been through the PayPal login/order, you have to confirm the order on the following Plugin Alliance page that comes up - until then it's a pending purchase. If you look in PayPal the fund are probably stuck in reserved - I think you need to wait a month or something for them to get released automatically.
If that's the case you have to purchase it again, don't think there's anything PA can do since it's in PayPal.
thanks for the reply!
I purchased it with a discount ($99 because I own all UA plugins except that Gate and Zip).
I did confirm it, and then I got to a page where the voucher disappeared and the price was the full price (Matrix glitch?!?!?!).
I clicked that away. maybe there lies the problem.
did it at work on my phone...
I'll wait and see what support can do for me...
meanwhile it's on 'temporary hold' on Paypal while pending...
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 pm I occasionally get the 'pending' status when the seller launches a new product and they swamp Paypal with an unusually high number of requests. Think it's just a payment protection thing Paypal do in case a company is going wild with peoples moneys !

thanks for the reply!!
well the demo is still working for 3 days so I should be good until it gets sorted out.

I NEED this damn FANTASTIC BEAST plugin!!!...like ALL the time...

update:

sales support fixed it. got a license!! wooohooo!!! :)
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.

I have been captivated by this thread.

Then i see the price. Even the intro price. It's a joke right? I can buy half a decent DAW for 149. Crazy IMO. Nuts.

Bye bye. No wonder people pirate stuff. Seriously. What's new here? Innovative? It's a great collection. But
... some people are fools.

I would buy if I could combine all my vouchers... but right now it's a little too much for me.

robbmonn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Take the user survey here: https://plugin-alliance.us3.list-manage ... 52dc657455 and get a $25 voucher that you can use in addition to your discounts. I just bought it for $74 this way. Seems like other vouchers (like the monthly) will not work in conjunction with the discount that offer if you have the other UA plugs.
Awesome, thanks! I missed the survey email and didn't realize you could still take it. $74 BYOME here I come :)
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

tincture wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pmBye bye. No wonder people pirate stuff. Seriously. What's new here? Innovative? It's a great collection. But ... some people are fools.
What about respecting their decision of pricing? For me, EUR 105 was quite a painful price, but I wanted it. Sometimes I cannot afford things. E.g., I'm struggling with Bitwig, I'd love to buy it, but it's beyond my wallet currently.
How about trying a more optimistic approach and not insult people as fools? You could try earn more money to be able to afford all those lovely things. Sometimes we cannot afford things, but others can. Live with it. And as you know, also the cheapest stuff is being pirated.

tincture wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm I have been captivated by this thread.

Then i see the price. Even the intro price. It's a joke right? I can buy half a decent DAW for 149. Crazy IMO. Nuts.

Bye bye. No wonder people pirate stuff. Seriously. What's new here? Innovative? It's a great collection. But
Just can't help but laugh, thinking about how my first two Boss effects pedals cost twice this much and did about 1% of what this does. I guess some people are fools.

As for what is innovative, the UA stuff brings the concept of modular modulation to effects in a very innovative way. I had to use their stuff for a while before I got it, but I find that their stuff leads to a very "eurorack" workflow and state of mind. And Byome takes that many steps further as it allows for the modular config and control to be unified across many different effects in the same patch, i.e. an envelope follower can modulate the delay time in a small amount, the delay mix to a larger amount and can inversely modulate an overdrive setting, with some of those modulations being attenuated by macro controls, etc. Also the modulation rates can go up well into the audible ranges, which is pretty great.

That said, this plugin doesn't allow modular audio patching or feedback, which would have been very cool. And, if you own Reaktor you can do a lot of this stuff and more with Blocks. Shrug.

Calling people fools usually says more about the person speaking than the person they are speaking about.

tincture wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm I have been captivated by this thread.

^ this guy

Return to “Effects”