Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:12 pm Place your bids on the release price. My assumption would be 149 $. Closest bid wins an NFR.
Now let´s see whether PA honors that lottery :hihi:

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:12 pm Place your bids on the release price. My assumption would be 149 $. Closest bid wins an NFR.
There's many combinations of customer status and vouchers but I don't think any of them works for a price of $149 :)

Ignore :oops:
Last edited by lnikj on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lnikj wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 pm
There's many combinations of customer status and vouchers but I don't think any of them works for a price of $149 :)
Yeah, I was generally referring to Simon´s "closest bid wins an NFR", no matter who got closest 8)

tincture wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Then i see the price. Even the intro price. It's a joke right? I can buy half a decent DAW for 149. Crazy IMO. Nuts.

Bye bye. No wonder people pirate stuff. Seriously. What's new here? Innovative? It's a great collection. But
... some people are fools.
You are right, you logic is bulletproof.

Now I have to go, things to take care of. I can't afford a Ferrari, so I'll go downtown steal one.

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm
lnikj wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 pm
Yeah, I was generally referring to Simon´s "closest bid wins an NFR", no matter who got closest 8)
Yes :oops:

No doubt the plugin is, for most, not cheap, but the development of such software is hard, required lots of talent and skill, usually acquired by some kind of paid for education. There must be some kind of incentive to innovate, let alone earn a living wage and compensate for r&d, etc. Now, it’s not clear to me how much of the plugin is innovative and how much is recycled from there previous wares.

But even so, UA need to make money, PA need to make money. From a business point of view, it’s dangerous to lower prices. Generally, this results in a industry wide devaluation of products and services, and a race to the bottom. Profits become thinner, and smaller business usually cannot compete because they cannot generate enough sales to thrive on small margins. Now, I’m not sure exactly how this works with software, I admit. But I also don’t really know how large the market is for such an effect. Surely, the developers at UA could be making bank ($$$$) working for a larger corporation. So, from a developers standpoint, they do have to balance their passion versus the loss of income of a more conventional job.

Ultimately, if you can’t afford it, it says more about your own financial status than the reasonableness of a products price. When I was working, $250 on a plugin was nothing. As a student, I’m wary of anything over $50.

I guessed $99 intro price, and with the "heavy hitter" discount, I was right.

Where's my plugin? :x
A well-behaved signature.

with discount I can get the $74 price (thanks for the link robbmonn)

which places me in the quandary of having Reaktor Blocks but BYOME is slightly different and easier to get going quickly.

One to demo for as long as possible - did they give a date for the introductory pricing?

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Right after me, I think that one´s quite close: "$199 intro, then $249 after a week." :party: I reckon I´ll just buy it for $74 otherwise (which is quite a nice loyalty discount btw!) :clap:

woggle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm with discount I can get the $74 price (thanks for the link robbmonn)

which places me in the quandary of having Reaktor Blocks but BYOME is slightly different and easier to get going quickly.

One to demo for as long as possible - did they give a date for the introductory pricing?
Its until Nov 1st iirc ... but knowing PA, that could change ;)

Anyone have a pa voucher they don't want 😊

tonymax wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 pm Anyone have a pa voucher they don't want 😊
I dont think I have ever had a voucher from them from buying something (is that what people are talking about?)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 pm
woggle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm with discount I can get the $74 price (thanks for the link robbmonn)

Its until Nov 1st iirc ... but knowing PA, that could change ;)
thanks

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Me too
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 am Im going to guess $199 and a $99 intro price
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”