Adobe's new experiment turns tone deaf humming into real music

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adobe's new experiment turns tone deaf humming into real music

What if your tone deaf humming could actually sound... pretty good? That's the premise of a new experiment from Adobe that aims to turn your voice into music.

It's called Project Kazoo, and it could one day make soundtrack creation as simple as humming a quick tune.

More here...

Based on what I read, it's basically the same technology behind tools like Melodyne. Melodyne already allows you to do basically everything that's described in the article, as far as I read.
Fernando (FMR)

like joe meek with the tornadoes?

Well, that's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 pm
Why would anyone watch more than 30 seconds !!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Mayhap I exaggerated by 89:40... :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 am Mayhap I exaggerated by 89:40... :hihi:
Ok thats more reasonable
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 pm
Why would anyone watch more than 30 seconds !!
Go back, listen to the next 30 seconds and you'll grab it. If that's not enough take the next and so on...
After 89:40 you would certainly know...

why?!1

I question the positive value to society in encouraging "tone deaf humming" in any way.

jancivil wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 pm I question the positive value to society in encouraging "tone deaf humming" in any way.
its actually about restoring the balance in the universe. it doesn't really work as advertised.

scientists recently discovered a rift caused by all the uses of autotune over the years.
before it tears the multiverse apart theyre hoping to nullify the wave of autotune with billions of voices of out of tune humming.

its basically, the only thing that can save everything! :o

Put the bong down and step slowly away...
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I use Adobe Creative Cloud tools every single day of my life, and so I’m generally pretty excited to see these sneak peeks of what they’re currently working on. But this thing is just laughable. There is nothing innovative here. Yes, Melodyne has done this for years. So do a bunch of other tools. I can’t even really see how this fits into Audition, which has no MIDI capability. Maybe this is a small window into a much larger effort? Or maybe this pitch analysis is actually going to be applied to some RX7-style corrective tools in Audition? Regardless, the demo as presented was awful and does not appear to break any new ground.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm Put the bong down and step slowly away...

:o

have i left my webcam on?
how the hell did you know?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”