The VST synth IL Harmor..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Harmor and am mainly scared by it.. even for messing around but I made some superb sounds with it recently, accidentally after messing up when trying to follow a tutorial.

Does anyone have any advice into how to learn about Harmor quickly because I can hear a potential in that synth with regards to fidelity. The sound quality is punchy, detailed, in your face and deep it sounds extremely high quality to me.

Is there anyway at all to try and understand it in terms of subtractive synthesis ? Or does this completely miss the point ?

If anyone has any tutorials etc. or key points, fundamental advice or ways to visualize in mind on how to approach it - to share that would be great. :tu:

Right now it seems hugely unituitive.. twiddle this, move that and well, not much seems to happen ! So what are the key parameters to hear some radical changes in sounds being made. I get a feeling this synth could hold massive potential behind its seeming complexity.

It seems to have a very rich sound (sweetspot ? more like a sweet sea than a spot) from deep lows to highs and sounds super rich throughout the entire spectrum.

Any tips on how to approach "Harmor headspace" would be great.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Check Seamless Harmor Tutorials

" Harmor.. is this the best sounding VSTi synth ever ? "

No :!:
No auto tune...

Synthman2000 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:36 am Is there anyway at all to try and understand it in terms of subtractive synthesis ? Or does this completely miss the point ?
well, its an additive synth, so think of it being the opposite of a substractive synth. timbre change doesnt come from cutting out broad frequency areas (as, eg a low-pass filter basically does), it comes from adding them.

Imagine a subtractive synth with 128 or more sinewave oscillators, but no filter. That's your rough starting point for additive...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am " Harmor.. is this the best sounding VSTi synth ever ? "

No :!:
I'm also voting "No"
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

What is the best sounding vst synth guys?

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am Check Seamless Harmor Tutorials
Yes, I second that. He has very good tutorials about FL Studio and related.

I also have bought a tutorial some few years ago. It is a very good tutorial IMO :) :
https://www.macprovideo.com/course/harm ... n-steroids

Thanks..how are those oscillator interpolated/added/summed/divided/blended.. obviously not by FM ?

Thanks for the tut recomendations. Yes I mean $29 for a pro tut seems ok, we easily pay $200 for a synth but to know how to program something properly gives a lot of scope and as my DAW is not internet enabled vids I can play from an external HDD might be extra handy. Bookmarked.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes Gui odd but also very slick and smooth the knobs and sliders are really nice to mouse around with. Super smooth.

Do you get 45 x 1-2min vids for $29.50 ? Downloadable ? They seem quite short or are they just previews ?

https://www.macprovideo.com/course/harm ... n-steroids

Sorry being a bit lazy today with all the questions. :neutral:

It is an additive synth really but with a subtractive method above it! It has like two layers A and B and every layer has two timbres and resynthesis part ...etc.

The envelopes can be very deep (not unlike Absynth!). It also has customisable filter! It is a monster synth and has a learn curve because of its abilities.

Yes, they are short but were enough for me. I mean he is not talkative! You might want to wait for a discount. I bought it 50% or 60% discounted I think. They do discount from time to time.

Cool will check the link out from time to time. No crazy rush taking a little time out as I just finished a tune which took 3 months.

Harmor isn't definitely the best sounding synth, yeah it has a lot of power and possibilities but no. Some years ago could be one of the best, but now a days with all the powerful synths available... is not like the big thing anymore. still I would buy it in a special sale.

Return to “Instruments”