Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

dusted william wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am My survey was only 25 ☹️
That's the same for everyone I believe (same as I got anyway).

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 pm
perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pmI don't know what results you are talking about.

I wasnt talking about specific results, I was talking about a principle. If someone needs to design that kind of sounds, that kind of sound will be designed, whether it fits your aesthetic prejudices or not.
Of course, if it fits your aesthetic prejudices, it's all fine and good. I was talking about a PIANO, the king of instruments, being crappified by BYOME's preset library. Get it?

perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 pmI was talking about a PIANO, the king of instruments
Oh king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers -- by hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society! If there's ever going to be any progress...

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here.

perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 pm
perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pmI don't know what results you are talking about.

I wasnt talking about specific results, I was talking about a principle. If someone needs to design that kind of sounds, that kind of sound will be designed, whether it fits your aesthetic prejudices or not.
Of course, if it fits your aesthetic prejudices, it's all fine and good.
Actually, it's all fine and good even if it doesnt fit my aesthetic prejudices.
I was talking about a PIANO, the king of instruments, being crappified by BYOME's preset library. Get it?
Oh my gosh, not the KING OF INSTRUMENTS? Has someone not alerted the newspapers? Or the CIA?

Glad you were here to let us know how serious this was. I bet we all 'get it' now....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:49 pm If you need boring bread and butter presets then you shouldn't be using Unfiltered Audio products.
Im definitely amused at the perception that the most flexible tools need the most 'median' presets to justify their worth.
What would be your definition of "median", if I may ask? You did not use the word "average" and I am pretty sure you did that on purpose.

"Most flexible"? Valhalla Übermod is extremely flexible, I would say and its presets show that. There is a huge variety of highly useable effects, none of which I would classify as "average" - "median" perhaps and I have a hunch that I would consider your "median" to be a good thing. Sometimes I automate Übermod to go from "bread and butter" ("median"?) to a certain extreme in an instant during certain passages (as a means of very pointed, purposeful and concise artistic (musical) expression): I find it fantastic that it has this potential and it's really easy to do and sounds great in my opinion.

More of the same glitchnoisefuck which all sounds rather random to me on the other hand does not fit my definition of "most flexible" - not by a long shot.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:19 pm
perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Of course, if it fits your aesthetic prejudices, it's all fine and good.
Actually, it's all fine and good even if it doesnt fit my aesthetic prejudices.
I was talking about a PIANO, the king of instruments, being crappified by BYOME's preset library. Get it?
Oh my gosh, not the KING OF INSTRUMENTS? Has someone not alerted the newspapers? Or the CIA?

Glad you were here to let us know how serious this was. I bet we all 'get it' now....
Sorry, but you are NOT the final authority on this issue, no matter how aggressively you try to put yourself on top. I would advise you to think twice before continuing along this line of argument, and with this attitude. Noise is NOT music, and its applicability in a musical context is limited. When I and several other guys here are asking 'where are the musical presets', WE DO HAVE A POINT.

Get it?

Just a thought here but perhaps if UA could implement individual module presets that would help with those looking for "musical" presets.

As I said earlier, please don't judge this thing, or any other piece of audio gear that has this kind of flexibility by the presets or demos. BYOME can do a lot of very great and useful stuff for music and for sound design.

If the demos I and others made sound unmusical to you, that's absolutely fine, but please keep in mind that those are always going to reflect the taste of the person who made the demos to at least some extend.

perfumer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:53 pmNoise is NOT music, and its applicability in a musical context is limited. When I and several other guys here are asking 'where are the musical presets', WE DO HAVE A POINT.

Get it?
Music is organized sound (like it or not).
Noise is sound.
Organized noise is music (like it or not) (Logical conclusion for those who don't get it).

vs.

Organized sound I like is music...

The musical results I heard here are unquestionable musical.
If they had not been done with the presets I don't care...
Main question: why do you stay here in the discussion if you don't like it?

woggle wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:31 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am
lnikj wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am
morelia wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 amI think musical presets should be also included a lot more cause most are bad showcases for non glitchartists. Ua would have a bigger fanbase in my opinion with musical more presets
Agreed.
It's not really a preset device though - kind of misses the point of B(uild)Y(our)O(wn)M(odular)E(ffect).
What is a "preset device"? I think all devices are "tweak yourself", but the factory presets can give some starting points for that. One doesn' t exclude the other. I'm pro presets, the more the better, in any device.
Yeah I never got this either/or thinking around presets. Sound design is an art form, as an artist I am perfectly capable of both creating my own and appreciating and being inspired by the work of others (and humble enough to also recognise that there are other sound designers much more capable than myself).
agree - I tweak a lot, often from presets :) I have bought from synth-presets before and been pretty happy with them. One can learn a lot from quality presets, good for discovering new / different methods
I agree...

There are many reasons to pick up 3rd party presets, especially for something as capable as BYOME.
I get them not just to make things easier, which good presets can do, but also to learn.

The learning part is very useful.

You can learn some things from the manual but usually I learn more from the presets.

I just got SteveW's presets and have already learned more then I would from the manual.
Plus, a lot of these have deeply programed controller which can be a big time saver.

This is true for both synth presets and effect presets.
Factory presets are usually more on the average side and not that often useful useful or inspiring IMHO.

Firebird wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm
woggle wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:31 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am
lnikj wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am
morelia wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 am Agreed.
It's not really a preset device though - kind of misses the point of B(uild)Y(our)O(wn)M(odular)E(ffect).
What is a "preset device"? I think all devices are "tweak yourself", but the factory presets can give some starting points for that. One doesn' t exclude the other. I'm pro presets, the more the better, in any device.
Yeah I never got this either/or thinking around presets. Sound design is an art form, as an artist I am perfectly capable of both creating my own and appreciating and being inspired by the work of others (and humble enough to also recognise that there are other sound designers much more capable than myself).
agree - I tweak a lot, often from presets :) I have bought from synth-presets before and been pretty happy with them. One can learn a lot from quality presets, good for discovering new / different methods
I agree...

There are many reasons to pick up 3rd party presets, especially for something as capable as BYOME.
I get them not just to make things easier, which good presets can do, but also to learn.

The learning part is very useful.

You can learn some things from the manual but usually I learn more from the presets.

I just got SteveW's presets and have already learned more then I would from the manual.
Plus, a lot of these have deeply programed controller which can be a big time saver.

This is true for both synth presets and effect presets.
Factory presets are usually more on the average side and not that often useful useful or inspiring IMHO.
Are steves presets musical and unique? Which show the strengths of byome? Cause if a preset uses eg an eq. A distortion and a delay i can do it with other plugins.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I for one will use some automation just on the very most basic of fx in unit. Some movement interesting but really 150 presets of madness doesnt do it Justice

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm Organized noise is music (like it or not) (Logical conclusion for those who don't get it).
Blah-Blah!
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm Main question: why do you stay here in the discussion if you don't like it?
That's why:
acousticglue wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:22 pm I for one will use some automation just on the very most basic of fx in unit. Some movement interesting but really 150 presets of madness doesnt do it Justice

This is up there with PSP N20 for me in terms of sound quality and versatility.
N20 goes a bit further though with its ability to route feedback paths everywhere.
It also doesnt come bundled with 'median' presets :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Well this has escalated hasn't it... If people don't think that the presets are very "musical", why don't they write an e-mail to PA support and feedback back to them with some constructive criticisms instead of getting all riled up here.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Effects”