Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

fmr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm No, I mean the installer :hihi: I still can't see it in my Cloud Manager.
Well here it did show up at the "Legendary" category in Cloud Manager. FWIW i am located in Germany, not sure how it works in other countries...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pmIt's not showing up in the Roland Cloud Manager yet over here.
It showed up immediately as I ran the Cloud Manager for me.

I know in the past some new plugins (eg JV-1080) have not showed up for me and I had to trash some pref or cache file for the Cloud Manager to see the new stuff...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm Also, everyone has different Roland synths they want right? You want a JD800/990, I'd like to see them put out a Jupiter-6, or an Alpha-Juno, or maybe an MKS-80 over a JD, but anything they add would certainly be welcome.
I wouldn't mind to have all of the AM (except maybe the Alpha-Juno - I really think it adds nothing to what we already have). But now that we have the JX-3P, I would love to see the JX-10/MKS-70 next.
Doesn't the Alpha Juno allow for more complex envelope shapes than a basic 4-point ADSR? That's why I think it would be a good edition, unless I'm wrong on that front...
It uses a kind of "Yamaha" envelope (Time-level pairs for each of the three segments, Attack, Decay and Sustain, and just time for the Release segment). I don't believe that will make such a big difference
Fernando (FMR)

Those who do not like the noise of the Chorus in the JX-3P plugin could switch that off with setting the "Tone" knob for the Chorus FX in the FX section to 0. Same way it works with the Chorus in the Juno-106 plugin.

The Jupiter-8 plugin has the Chorus too in the FX section but no dedicated button for it at the main GUI.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

beely wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pmIt's not showing up in the Roland Cloud Manager yet over here.
It showed up immediately as I ran the Cloud Manager for me.

I know in the past some new plugins (eg JV-1080) have not showed up for me and I had to trash some pref or cache file for the Cloud Manager to see the new stuff...
OK, it showed up. I just closed and reopened the Cloud Manager, and now it's there. Installing :-)
Fernando (FMR)

Ingonator wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:51 pm I just installed the JX-3P plugin and was a bit confused by the GUI as most controls were missing, especially for oscillators and envelopes. Pressing the "EDIT" button on the main GUI opens a repilca of the PG200 programmer at the right part of the GUI that offers most of the synth parameters.
You can also try "System 8 Layout" from the option menu, which is a nice layout too...

I never really liked the JX-3P and I cant really see the point of this emulation, its doesn't add anything to the collection IMO. Stop with the low hanging fruit and do something interesting, we have all the 'old' VA we need....lets get to the good stuff :D

VP-7770, VG99, V Drums, V Synth.... :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

While I'm not super hyped up about the JX-3P as I am about the JD, it does make me wonder if Roland actually will go through their ENTIRE legacy catalog. They seem to be going in chronological order and covering everything from the 80's, before delving into the 90's and 2000's. I also like how the PG-200 controller is also part of the plugin as well and makes me wonder if they'll do similar things with their other plugins (e.g. you can use the original JD800 gui and delve into deeper editing with the JD990 gui) :).

As some people here, I'm more looking for their Digital synths. All those analog synths are very good but I find them redundant and particularly CPU heavy. Having Tal Bassline 101, Monark, Diva and Repro, I think I'm well covered with analog sounds anyway.

Speaking about the JD, I've heard that its waveforms can be found in the XV-5080. Needs confirmation but since the JV VST has XV waveforms, it has JDs too.

Still waiting for tb-303...

sinemotor wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:08 pm As some people here, I'm more looking for their Digital synths. All those analog synths are very good but I find them redundant and particularly CPU heavy. Having Tal Bassline 101, Monark, Diva and Repro, I think I'm well covered with analog sounds anyway.

Speaking about the JD, I've heard that its waveforms can be found in the XV-5080. Needs confirmation but since the JV VST has XV waveforms, it has JDs too.
I believe that's true! it won't sound like a 1:1 though since the JD has a very unique filter that makes it's character big and punchy. And I agree: Diva has all the vintage analog stuff I could ever ask for.

Shiek927 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 pm While I'm not super hyped up about the JX-3P as I am about the JD, it does make me wonder if Roland actually will go through their ENTIRE legacy catalog. They seem to be going in chronological order and covering everything from the 80's, before delving into the 90's and 2000's.
Not in chronological order - the D50 and JV-1080 (XV-5080/Fantom really) are *way* after the JX3P, yet were released before. And the System 1/8 are recent synths as well.

I expect they are just trying to do everything that they figure has merit to do, and will be a draw to the cloud service, and what gets done in what order is what's released. There are still very old, desirable instruments, they haven't done yet (eg Jupiter 4), and in some cases they even have the modelling done (TB-303, VP-330), but they have released far later instruments (as mentioned above).
sinemotor wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:08 pmSpeaking about the JD, I've heard that its waveforms can be found in the XV-5080. Needs confirmation but since the JV VST has XV waveforms, it has JDs too.
The 5080 has all the JD-990/800 waves, and has most of the effects blocks those instruments have. However, they are not patch compatible, and the filters are different, meaning completely automatic conversion of JD presets is not possible (I had a thought of looking at this, but decided the effort just to gain a few more patch banks wasn't really worth it). So there is mileage in Roland doing a "Super-JD" plugin, but you'll cover the same broad territory with the JV-1080 plugin in any case...

Not in chronological order - the D50 and JV-1080 (XV-5080/Fantom really) are *way* after the JX3P, yet were released before. And the System 1/8 are recent synths as well.

I expect they are just trying to do everything that they figure has merit to do, and will be a draw to the cloud service, and what gets done in what order is what's released. There are still very old, desirable instruments, they haven't done yet (eg Jupiter 4), and in some cases they even have the modelling done (TB-303, VP-330), but they have released far later instruments (as mentioned above).
Ahhh, that is true! I'm sure they understand what people are excited about loud and clear, so I can only assume they are releasing things as early as they can. I can only guess the JX-3P was one they finished next :).

For those itching for the V-Synth, it's also hope they won't have to wait VERY long down the line. It could very well be the next one released for all anyone knows :)
The 5080 has all the JD-990/800 waves, and has most of the effects blocks those instruments have. However, they are not patch compatible, and the filters are different, meaning completely automatic conversion of JD presets is not possible (I had a thought of looking at this, but decided the effort just to gain a few more patch banks wasn't really worth it). So there is mileage in Roland doing a "Super-JD" plugin, but you'll cover the same broad territory with the JV-1080 plugin in any case...
For me, I'm personally gonna see about converting the SRX Dance cards when they are finished to the Super-JD. It has my favorite filter and, although they seem to be releasing the cards as separate plugins, I'd rather have them run through the JD rather than stand-alone as they've been doing.

has ANYONE gotten their "yours" VST after 12 months?

that's two years this has been running? and haven't heard of a single person.......

rubez wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm has ANYONE gotten their "yours" VST after 12 months?

that's two years this has been running? and haven't heard of a single person.......
No.
I have been a member for over a year + have a year of membership now too since i pay for one year in advance and not received any offers at all.

Return to “Instruments”