[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

The super cheap price was the biggest reason I bought S1 in the first place actually. This time it seems like they are being a little stubborn. I bought the 2-3 upgrade 3 months after release I believe.

*Not that I didn’t think it worth it, I just didn’t really need it.

I had a look at Studio One 4.1's colour control options again. One of the things that needs fixing is the Solo button colour and definition of the letter 'S', it's a desaturated white on desaturated yellow background and if hovered over, it gets brighter which doesn't help the clarity. The Solo button needs to match the contrast of the other buttons, those being the blue 'Monitor' and red 'Record' one's. The symbols need to be better defined with a black and reasonably thick (not too thick) border than from how they are now. I think this would help with providing better clarity and definition. These buttons remain unchanged and don't follow the change in colours one makes vie the preferences. Ideally these buttons would follow in accordance to the user colour changes, but for now they don't and the colours really don't balance right, which is particularly more noticeable on lighter settings.

Anyway these are two options I've covered as ways to help fix the colour balance of things in Studio One 4.1. These might be small things but still important to get right, and really wouldn't take long to address.

Additionally, hovering over a button and have it illuminate isn't always necessary. Being on should be clear and being off should be clear enough.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

With a recent post in another thread I made regarding Bitwig Studio being geared for more live use than what one would consider Studio One for, here is something I found rather cool which was posted by Russ a few months back. Like many like myself..the demo has expired and I doubt many will have explored Studio One 4 that deeply and remember the little things about it from months ago.... Just to note that whilst Impact has always allowed you to sync to tempo, Impact XT gives you a few more options in that area that the previous incarnation didn't... and as you'll see... it interestingly opens the doors in a similar way that Bigwig does for scenes.... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQDDagS8zmI
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I especially like how Studio One 4 enables the re-use of resources (audio/midi/automation tracks; presets; audio and midi loops; FX chains; etc.) saved in other Studio One 4 projects. :tu: Following a few clever organization conventions, you could actually create Studio One projects that are just holding areas for you settings and resources (similar in purpose to how resource bundles and code libraries are used by software developers), and import whatever common items you need into a new or existing project. This is more powerful than traditional project templates and presets because you can pull settings and resources into an existing project at any stage of the production simply by drag/dropping from an existing project into the currently opened project any resources contained within projects listed in the Files tab of the browser tree:

Alternatively, the new Song Import feature is also very powerful for importing assets from another project:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

This is something which I didn't notice several months back when I tested Studio One 4.0 out, until I saw a post on another forum highlighting it, but 4.0 has actually sacrificed some screen estate when displaying the console mixer. 30 pixels might not be much, but that is multiplied horizontally as well. The example shows Studio One Prime 4.0 (as the Pro version has expired on my system) and Studio One Pro 3.56, not that this matters, when comparing heights between these versions. Unlike 3.0, version 4.0, introduced this snapping behaviour on the console.

Right now, it feels like making more space, for making space sake, rather than being economical with the available space there is, as it's provided in 3.0... versions. Studio One 4.0 also introduced the written notes/info feature for the channel strips, which are below the channel strips themselves. That takes up more screen estate if you want to use and see them, so this space issue is amplified even more, in essence. Removing screen estate that you had prior whilst introducing options to further amplify an issue that doesn't need to exist...hummm....

I can only think that something else in functionality was or was intended to be put there in the future, but still hasn't been...

You can see this clearly from the video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77dgZMPWrzM

The new features and additional bug fix list has been added to the first post of this thread for the 4.1 update.

I'm still a bit miffed that 3.5 pro users were not given a slightly better upgrade prices than from lower versions. I am still waiting for the first upgrade sale.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

The update notes for the release of Studio One 4.01 for back in July 2018 have been added to the first page. There is a lot, so may be difficult to read on the website...so I'd suggest save as, to your choice of viewing system.

kev2525 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:24 am I'm still a bit miffed that 3.5 pro users were not given a slightly better upgrade prices than from lower versions. I am still waiting for the first upgrade sale.
I'd expect one during this years B F / C M weekend, I think many are holding out still, whilst being content with 3.56. I don't think it was as much of a big hitter compared to what version 2.06 was to 3.0 in comparison. More of a bespoke update to polish and fill some key areas... for certain demographics. 3.5 was significant though.. so maybe a bit to ask within a whole year of development and testing.

Maintenance update notes added to page 1, for the release of Studio One 4.1.1 (30th October 2018)
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. :)

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm
clangorous wrote:And still no phone support...
Your world must be coming to its end...
If you are a person who only cares about feature lists and other marketing materials, I can see how you might think that :borg:

It’s actually just a sore spot with me; you only get phone support for hardware with Presonus.

Everything else goes through the same useless ticketing system that all corporations seem to use. You’ll get some random suggestion to reboot|reinstall and a guaranteed request to remotely access your PC (denied!)

The purpose of ticketing systems is to close as many tickets as fast as possible. There is no link back to actually solving anything for the user.

And don’t even get me started on useless knowledgebases...

Well... not meant as an offense, but, if that's your attitude, then I can see a tough case for support workers. You don't want remote desktop, you dislike knowledgebases. Might want to make up your mind on how people are supposed to help you. Phone support won't automagically solve your issues, opposed to mail support, remote desktop (which can be a great thing, because people who want to help can see what's actually happening on your computer), and a (good) knowledgebase. Actually, the Cubase knowledgebase will probably sort 99% of the issues people might have with the software. No idea what's supposed to be bad about that. Actually, my experiences with phone support are that I prefer a good, comprehensive knowledgebase to dealing with phone support in almost any case.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 pm Well... not meant as an offense, but...Might want to make up your mind on how people are supposed to help you. Phone support won't automagically solve your issues...
It’s easy...all of these support channels could be made more effective. But what they currently do is obfuscate the missing piece (see below).

Troubleshooting is difficult. It requires humans interacting to succeed. That’s because problem solving involves learning and learning involves asking questions. Interacting with additional layers of abstraction and delays only compounds the difficulty.

What’s missing is for someone at the company that has taken my money, to take ownership of my problem and help see it through. I don’t care what channel is used if they have that vision and can execute it.

clangorous wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm
clangorous wrote:And still no phone support...
Your world must be coming to its end...
If you are a person who only cares about feature lists and other marketing materials, I can see how you might think that :borg:

It’s actually just a sore spot with me; you only get phone support for hardware with Presonus.

Everything else goes through the same useless ticketing system that all corporations seem to use. You’ll get some random suggestion to reboot|reinstall and a guaranteed request to remotely access your PC (denied!)

The purpose of ticketing systems is to close as many tickets as fast as possible. There is no link back to actually solving anything for the user.

And don’t even get me started on useless knowledgebases...
How about making a video, and posting it on one of the video hosts like vimeo, youtube or FB, clearly describing and showing your issue/s... You would be in a better position to fix any problems, by sharing them publicly and with the relevant people, be that the support forums, or directly with Presonus.

You can't expect people to help you, if you can't be bothered to help yourself...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/quote]

How about making a video, and posting it one of the video hosts like vimeo, youtube or FB, and clearly describing and showing your issue/s... You would be in a better position to fix any problems, by sharing them publicly and with the relevant people, be that the support forums, or directly with Presonus.

You can't expect people to help you, if you can't be bothered to help yourself...
[/quote]

I always find a solution.

While the video thing is a good idea in general, I’m not sure it’s a solution to poor support processes. But yes, when companies fail to deliver we can call on the community to help.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”