Cubase 9.5.40 maintenance release is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

..for those that does not check regularly....

I'm curious if a reported issue with track archives are finally fixed, since reported three years ago.

There is a pdf file you can read and track the fixes. The only thing has my attention is a new option for using 32bit integer. What's the effect of that? What difference from the float? I have no idea :hihi:

lfm wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 am ..for those that does not check regularly....

I'm curious if a reported issue with track archives are finally fixed, since reported three years ago.
Why don’t you install it and let us know all about it :wink:

One of the items in the release notes is this:
Edit files are no longer missing when exporting a Track
Archive where Izotope RX Connect has been used.
Full list is here:
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... istory.pdf

A lot of folks rolling back after installing 9.5.40 update due to crashes. You may want to wait.

Monkberry wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:59 pm A lot of folks rolling back after installing 9.5.40 update due to crashes. You may want to wait.
I'm getting crashes. I knew better than to be one of the first to be a beta tester for an update and did it anyway. Duh! It's back 9.5.30 for me.

I haven't tested yet. What kind of crashes? Are there specific situations to look into?

EnGee wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm I haven't tested yet. What kind of crashes? Are there specific situations to look into?
Mine would just totally freeze at what appears to be a random time. I had to close Cubase through the task manager on my Windows 7 pc. Happened 3 times within an hour.

oh ok thanks. I'll see if I can rollback tonight. Do you just uninstall the latest update or re install the 9.5.30 update?

EnGee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:07 am oh ok thanks. I'll see if I can rollback tonight. Do you just uninstall the latest update or re install the 9.5.30 update?
I just uninstalled Cubase 9.5, reinstalled it then ran the 9.5.30 update. Couldn't see a way to
just uninstall just the update.

I just run the update again, and this time I installed the Halion se update (don't know why it didn't install it first time!), then I run the e-licenser and it took some time then it displayed that it did update and repaired the previous install (which was yesterday!).

Then I run Cubase and opened a project I'm working on it and played for about 10 mins here and there. It seems ok! So, I don't know if later it would crash or maybe running e-licenser maintenance did fixed it!

I have been running it for a few days. It loads much faster. I have had zero freezes or crashes.

There is an "exit" bug when I close some projects which stops Cubase from responding, however I believe this could be plugin or sound driver related. I cannot duplicate it normally, and it has been happening randomly for some time (at least since 9.0). On Windows 10. It has never affected work on a project.

I have Windows 10 as well, so maybe those with Windows 7 the only affected?

Tested on Mac OS X High Sierra last update and is working like a charm.

Plugins : Brainworks , Softube , Soundtoys 5 , T-Racks 5 , Serum , Avenger , Vengeance VPS , Stillwell Audio , McDSP , discoDSP.

I'm probably forgeting one or two plugins but this are the ones that I used the most and in my opinion they are running even better now like faster or smoother.

I also have to say that all my plugins are originals , meaning , NO Pirate software in my computer.
Maybe that's way everything is working great in here. Don't know for sure.

No problems here.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”