AudioModern Riffer in Logic Pro X

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:33 pm
SirkusPi wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:13 pm As a Logic user with lots of MidiFx plugins, I don't think Riffer is "redundant" in Logic, as its purpose is essentially to make generative melodies, which Logic and its built-in sequencers / arpeggiators don't precisely do. Nor is it a chore to set up, given that it comes as a MidiFx plugin, so there's no real routing required.

However, having just tried the demo version of Riffer last night, I don't actually think it's all that exciting. It's not bad, but it feels limited in what it can do compared to Midi Madness 3, which is my current generative plugin of choice for when I'm in the mood for such things, and what I'll probably just keep using. (Note: I'm not affiliated at all with either software program; just giving my personal opinion.)
I bought riffer and really like it, its sort of like having a Euclidian/Turing Machine or Marbles in in Eurorack, the demo is very limited, they really don't do themselves any favours with that, there are far more options in the full version. That said, it really needs to be far more midi-mappable so that you can use turn it on/off, randomly add new notes to the sequence (map the infinity button to a random control, putting something like this in Bitwg with the unified modulation system really would make it like a modular generator with far more control over when, how often and how much....
The demo is pointless, so crippled it doesn’t really show anything off, bad mistake. Audioplugindeals has it for 19.99 if you have rewards.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

AudioPluginDeals has it for $20.The process is a little arduous, and you have to open an account (I had to change my password 3 times for reasons I still can’t figure out) but, they give you a $20 dollar reward to apply toward Riffer. I bought it. I like it $20 worth

very good deal for $20 - if Audiomodern opened up some parameters for automation this would go from useful and fun to an amazing tool.

They're working on poly version update.

W23 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 pm AudioPluginDeals has it for $20.The process is a little arduous, and you have to open an account (I had to change my password 3 times for reasons I still can’t figure out) but, they give you a $20 dollar reward to apply toward Riffer. I bought it. I like it $20 worth
Bought it there too, thx for the instructions...

That's a very good price on Audio Plugin Deals. Will check this out.

get RIFFER or Midi Madness ?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I have both.
Riffer is great at generating ideas quickly but can be a bit buggy and doesn't support poly yet. The scales are great addition.
If you can pick it up at audioplugin.deals shop with rewards money, that's a good deal.
Audiomodern is quick with support and bug reporting.
Midi Madness is a lot more convoluted to me and not that easy to use (yet). I'm not inspired to use it, but that could change if/when I get back to playing with it.
I think there are demo versions of both.

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm ...Midi Madness is a lot more convoluted to me and not that easy to use (yet). I'm not inspired to use it, but that could change if/when I get back to playing with it.
Felt the same way at first.
I’ll say that it really deserves some time learning it.
This is a pretty interesting/versatile midi generative software!

ok, i think i will wait for a sale for midi monster 3 though, i watched some tutorial and wow you can also learn the cc controls. love it!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

nordickvr wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm ...Midi Madness is a lot more convoluted to me and not that easy to use (yet). I'm not inspired to use it, but that could change if/when I get back to playing with it.
Felt the same way at first.
I’ll say that it really deserves some time learning it.
This is a pretty interesting/versatile midi generative software!
Totally agree. I gave MM3 a good chance and I'm glad I did. It's a diamond in the rough.

Riffer into Frozen plain's Obelisk is a joy and a half. So glad I bought it.

Thanks for tip; will try it.
Obelisk is at audioplugin.deals shop if anyone has reward points to use.

Musical Gym wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 am Thanks for tip; will try it.
Obelisk is at audioplugin.deals shop if anyone has reward points to use.
insert piz here midi probability in there as well - unfortunately Codefn42's randarp crashes Reaper - I find randarp easier to understand than midi probability

Keep 'em comin'!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”