To all 'Save as VST' users -> Remember your VST2 licence

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kirsty roland wrote:I read through the license agreement.
The wording explicitly states the gender his when referencing the licensee.
So in the strictest legal sense does that mean I am ineligible to apply.

Kirsty
Sounds like a typical translation error from German to English. Certainly was not their intention 8)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Does anybody know who exactly is the licensee with regards to the license agreement? Is it me as a person or the company that can be entered on the first line?

I don't have a company but would like to keep all options open, especially with regards to the fact that popular hosts like Ableton Live do not even support VST3 yet.

Edit: Wrong forum...
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

This is completely crazy, and one more reason to hate proprietary formats :/ Too bad none of the open formats really have caught on.

vortico wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:19 pm VST3 is GPL licensed, which I'd call "moderately open."
Mmm, nope?
Taika-Kim wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 am This is completely crazy, and one more reason to hate proprietary formats :/ Too bad none of the open formats really have caught on.

Mmm, yep. For GPL plugins anyway. Otherwise use the proprietary license.
https://sdk.steinberg.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

vortico wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:48 pm Mmm, yep. For GPL plugins anyway. Otherwise use the proprietary license.
https://sdk.steinberg.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282
How nice that they don't force any of the two license on the devs.

kirsty roland wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 am I read through the license agreement.
The wording explicitly states the gender his when referencing the licensee.
So in the strictest legal sense does that mean I am ineligible to apply.

Kirsty
Correct the copy you sign, if they sign back all is good and they get a feedback about that flaw...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”