Psychic Modulation PulseCode

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the newsletter coming soon

PulseCode will be a PCM Drum Machine with a focus on the gritty, lofi sounds of the late 80s. Things to expect:

Layered Drum Synthesis: PulseCode's Drum Elements are it's main sound source. Each Element contains multiple layers which can be pitched and tweaked individually to create unique variations of the core drum sound.
13-bit sounds: Each Element's individual layers have been sampled in 13-bit using vintage gear.
Gated Reverb: Effortless 80s. Each drum includes it's own reverb layer, recorded from a vintage unit and sampled in 13-bit.
64-step Pattern Sequencer: Sequence lanes per drum; individual speed and length; polyrhythmic capability; Flams and Accents per step.
Flow: Easy control of the rhythmic flow of the sequence.
Fracture: Momentary Buildups and Breakdowns with the flick of a snap-back slider.
Drum Fill Arpeggiator: Create instant rolls and fills on your MIDI keyboard to interact with the drum sequence.
Full MIDI capabilities: Use your MIDI keyboard to take full advantage of PulseCode's features with integrated Modwheel and Pitchbender manipulation.

PulseCode will be available soon. I won't give an exact release date, but I'm aiming for this Fall. Winter at the latest.

Looking good, drum/percussion synth and sequencer in one :tu:
Will it be 64-bit as well or just a 32-bit SynthEdit plugin?
Not sure, but given the sophistication of that plugin, maybe 12 or 16 tracks would have been better. Or, for instance, is it possible to change the pitch and pan of the only Tom track as the sequence is playing?

Confused. Says drum synthesis but then immediately says samples. Is it both sample and synthesis?

Probably both, samples that can be manipulated like in a synth, in this case with rather dram-specific parameters it seems.
You can right-click the image and open it in a new tab, then it becomes very big.

If all the sounds are 13bit then surely they're all samples ... iirc PM is using SE 64.

His plugins are 64 bit now the synthedit ones were retired. So far his releases have also had 32 bit versions. Sound sources are samples by the looks of it. Maybe the dev will drop in

I would love a 64bit version of Construct.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:12 am I would love a 64bit version of Construct.
+1 I still use it. PulseCode is to replace it now :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

My best fanboish “yes”.

No newsletter here, yet.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:12 am I would love a 64bit version of Construct.
+1 I still use it. PulseCode is to replace it now :wink:
Yeah its a great drumsynth :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”