The VST synth IL Harmor..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still feel like Harmor is criminally underrated. For what it does, I've never found anything else that even comes close.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:55 pm With the DAW yes, it is reasonably priced. Then again, Harmor for instance is not part of the DAW, one has to buy it separately, and it is not cheap, 139 euros + VAT, i.e. about 170 euros. Once I buy it, I am stuck with it forever, even if they abandon it as usual.
Yes you are right. It's not part of FLS. The updates were free however. I think they were 3 or 4 updates since I bought it few years back. It's stable now with me and I don't think it needs any fix.

It's pricey yes, but there are discounts from time to time. The last time I bought it, it was for $70 something I think, so it was a great value.

Dozius wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:23 am I still feel like Harmor is criminally underrated. For what it does, I've never found anything else that even comes close.
Wish there was a Mac version

surreal wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 pm What is the best sounding vst synth guys?
the one in the hands of a good sound designer :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 pm Yes Harmless is the little brother of Harmor. Don't know about cold and harsh, but most synths sound cold and harsh to you ;)

There are two developers for synths. Harmor, Sytrus ..etc are by Gol but the Poisone, Morphine ..etc are by Maxx (?).
Problem is are either of those guys actively engaged anymore? I thought Gol had left, Maxx seems peripheral at best.

I heard that also, but the thing is IL still has the code I suppose, so they can modify it according to their needs (as they are doing with FL Studio). So, even if Gol left I still believe his synths would not be considered abandoned. Now, how is the future of Harmor? I have no idea!
After some time, IL might need to update their tools and synths although they did a great job updating the GUI of Sytrus for example, but it would be great if there is Harmor 2 or new synths and ideas :)

On the downside, it's also very difficult to handle and takes a long time to get anywhere. Menu-diving in envelope editors is not fast or intuitive at all, and it's had to predict actual outcome of the synth.

Unless you really want to dive into unheard realm of sound design, I'd choose other synths as they give nice results easier and faster.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There are some things in Harmor very unique and incredibly powerful that I haven't seen in other synths. Like drag and drop wav files of drum patterns to the envelopes to capture it as an envelop :-o This is insane!
(see it here if you can access it : https://www.macprovideo.com/course/harm ... K20K89KYnd )

What about the custom filter shapes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Il6ltj_RSc

If you know how to program it, then it is a very powerful synth and it is not easy to find a replacement ;)

Don't have Harmor but I once saw this Busy Works Beats vid on it that made me want it. Busy Works does a great job of explaining things imo and in this short 9 minute video he basically introduces Harmor and tells you how to think about it and visualize it to get the best sound. I like Busy Works cuz he talks about visualisation alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOB7ndMSds

I am trying to understand why I cannot get Harmor to be velocity sensitive. I have clicked the Vel/Vol button in the global section and yet it does not respond to notes that are very much lower in velocity in Cubase's key editor. Anyone got any ideas ?

Here is the manual and there is very little about velocity. In had to make a velocity map curve to pad down the notes I wanted but it was a major fudge to work that out. The pencil tool is rather nightmarish when drawing envelopes.

PS also how do you change the envelope curve break point from linear to exponential using the pencil ?

https://www.malmgren.nl/Harmor.pdf

It sure isn't intuitive !

All Imageline synths are great, and underrated. My one small gripe about Harmor is that I'm a preset guy, sometime I'm scrolling through presets and load a Harmless preset and Harmor changes to Harmless and as far as I can tell you can't change back, you've got to reload Harmor... only me? :shrug:

It is a super awesome synth and it can do stuff that other vsts cannot. Best sound ever is probably a bit much though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I think you must have some Harmless presets mixed up with your Harmor ones (which I presume you are browsing and loading direct from the FL browser?)

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 pm I am trying to understand why I cannot get Harmor to be velocity sensitive. I have clicked the Vel/Vol button in the global section and yet it does not respond to notes that are very much lower in velocity in Cubase's key editor. Anyone got any ideas ?

Here is the manual and there is very little about velocity. In had to make a velocity map curve to pad down the notes I wanted but it was a major fudge to work that out. The pencil tool is rather nightmarish when drawing envelopes.

PS also how do you change the envelope curve break point from linear to exponential using the pencil ?

https://www.malmgren.nl/Harmor.pdf

It sure isn't intuitive !
I don't have a problem in Studio One! I mean I can't hear the very low velocities (but also with other synths!). Have you mapped the velocity to volume? Some presets are not velocity sensitive till you map it to volume:
Harmor Velocity.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:12 pm I think you must have some Harmless presets mixed up with your Harmor ones (which I presume you are browsing and loading direct from the FL browser?)
Yes, it's possible I put some Harmless presets I downloaded in the Harmor folder. Funny that it reads them. Is Harmless like Soundgoodizer is to Maximus? Like Harmless is actually Harmor but most of it is locked?

Return to “Instruments”