Blue cat annouce Axiom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom

Having trouble with delays in the latest version of Axiom? We have just released a maintenance update (Axiom 1.11) that fixes the following issues:
- Fixed built-in Late Replies delay plug-in that produced digital distortion when loaded in Axiom presets.
- Fixed built-in multi-tap delay plug-in that could get out of sync in some host applications.

Does this mean the Martin Miller presets will work properly, again?
I had to go back to v1.0, as I make much use his presets!

Yes !

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am
krraqk wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:08 pm Im trying it with Cantabile 3 Lite, so I create a mono input, but Axiom remains stereo.
I thought I could change the mono / stereo configuration within Axiom, but I cant see how.
This is actually entirely dependent on the host application that may choose a different i/o configuration. By the way, you could maybe use the standalone version of Axiom since it lets you load plug-ins into it as well.
Well in the case of Cantabile it does not work as intended. Maybe it would be a good idea to be configurable within Axiom the type of input?
Dont know abtout Axiom standalone, but its not an option to me as Im using for now Cantabile as my live host.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 am Yes !
Oh so that was what was going on with his presets. I thought my interface drivers were being total crap because it sounded like latency glitching!

Inde
Tappistry wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 am Oh so that was what was going on with his presets. I thought my interface drivers were being total crap because it sounded like latency glitching!
Indeed. There was an issue with the initialization of the feedback loops, so audio frames were truncated.

krraqk wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:44 am Well in the case of Cantabile it does not work as intended. Maybe it would be a good idea to be configurable within Axiom the type of input?
Dont know abtout Axiom standalone, but its not an option to me as Im using for now Cantabile as my live host.
It is quite complex to manage I/O configurations for hosts that cannot handle it, so I don't think this will happen in the near future. Anyway, it should not a big deal unless you are hitting your CPU hard with many effects in the pre section.

As an alternative, you could also load Axiom into itself, manage the I/O of the Axiom instance within the other so that it works as mono to stereo. If you then disable all effects in the containing instance, it would just act as mono to stereo wrapper... :wheee:

For "IR aficionados", here is a short tutorial about the new impulse responses feature in Axiom 1.1 & Destructor 1.4:

Loading and using custom impulse responses (IR) into Axiom or Destructor

Mildly duplicated content (accidentally in fact) about the new IR Loader: http://admiralbumblebee.com/music/2018/ ... pdate.html

I'm very happy with this new feature, super duper ultra awesome addition!

I also updated my previous review to reflect this change. :tu:

Definitely not a duplicate, as your article contains much more information. Very nice, thanks! I am especially digging the short video with the impulse response manipulation :tu:

Hi there!

We have uploaded new free guitar presets for Axiom. Some of them are explained and demoed in details in these video tutorials (go to the end to get an idea of the presets in a mix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iins4nyjkM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj5feveDfqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JntPDt9Tk

Enjoy, it's all free! :party:

Heads up! Blue Cat's Axiom 1.12 is here!

What's New:
- Spectrum analysis (Amp sim & built-in EQ plug-in) is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Audio analysis for the tuner is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Improved convolution performance for the impulse response loader on multicore processors.
- Fixed modulation plug-ins that did not always properly set rate when used in host sync mode (sweep filter, flanger, tremolo).

The update is free and available from the same location as the previous version, as usual. Enjoy!

Return to “Effects”