Tears in Rain (ElectroProg - NOT Seismic Evangelism)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eauson wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 am
seismic1 wrote:
jethrobull wrote:This is lovely. Nice and dark,very cinematic and the rain gives it a feeling of loneliness. Great atmosphere. As it happens I have just re watched Blade Runner so I can place this in there easily. Fantastic work Tim! :tu:
Glad you enjoyed it, jb, and thanks very much for listening and commenting :)

Blade Runner was one of those films that "crept up on me". I first saw it in about '87. I thought it was ok at the time, but it wasn't until I saw it again about 10 years later that I started to appreciate it. Now it's one of my favourite films.
Yes, but was it the original or the directors cult or the redux or the, I could go on and on :D
On further listens to this piece more details emerge each time, like watching a film again after several years :)
The rhythmic water section really does bring a great character to this, the Rutger Hauer of the track :D :tu:
I prefer the 1991 "Director's Cut", it seemed to work better than the original, although my memory of that is quite fuzzy.

I'm currently re-working the EQ setup on here, using Equivocate only for the Z3ta+2/Aether combo, and I'm getting some interesting results, with some slight harmonic differences. I'll have another listen on Sunday, and if I'm happy with it, I'll put it up on SoundCloud next week. I'll leave the original up too.

Unreflected wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 am Tension. Love it.
:tu:
Short and sweet. Thanks very much for the comments, and for listening. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Well done soundtrack with the exciting ambiance.

folderol wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 pm Late to the party (as usual)
This is really, really good. Fantastic atmosphere that grabs you right from the start. It neatly straddles that boundary between something you just have in the background, and something you sit an listen to :phones:
Thanks very much for listening, and for the great comments, folderol. Glad you liked it :)

That "boundary" is an interesting neighbourhood 8)

jancivil wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:23 am Terrific sound design. Love the changes at the beginning best.
Thanks very much for that, jan. Glad you liked it :)

For some reason, I currently have a hankering to write a track called "Monolith"

that deal with the monolith, all the times I went to see that on acid - it was rather de rigeur, and I took acid frequently af anyway - was a religious experience for me

Very Nice Track, I appreciate the atmospherics of the track. Well done

layzer wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 am still enjoying this one, Tim :phones:
Good to hear that, layzer :D What I have planned for the next one will probably not be so "comfortable" :-o

Having another listen. Nice work Tim! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

markkuja wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:28 pm Well done soundtrack with the exciting ambiance.
Thanks very much for checking this out, Markku. Glad you enjoyed it :)

jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:18 am that deal with the monolith, all the times I went to see that on acid - it was rather de rigeur, and I took acid frequently af anyway - was a religious experience for me
I went to see it on the bus :wink: I was too young to be trusted with chemicals at that time (I think I first saw it in '73). It was religious for me in the sense that I usually went to the movies on Sundays.

My sister and I saw it in first release. I was 11, maybe 12 meaning she was 9. We saw it with no parent present, oddly.
I was not tripping at that age.

Jonathan10 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 am Very Nice Track, I appreciate the atmospherics of the track. Well done
Thanks very much for listening. Glad you liked it, and I hope you didn't get too wet :)

Allomerus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:05 am Having another listen. Nice work Tim! :)
Thanks very much John. Glad you're still enjoying it :)

I remixed it a few days ago (different EQ setup). It seems to have given the track a colder character, almost icy. I'll master it in the next few days and put it up on SoundCloud.

Here is the 2018 "Frost" remix. I made some volume automation changes on the outro and simplified the EQ setup on the main synth and its reverb. It suits the current UK weather.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/tear ... -frost-mix

Return to “Music Cafe”