My DAW PC hates me though I shower it with nothing but love..time to switch to a Mac?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 pm and this tangent does not belong in this thread
Duly noted. I presume you recognize why it was triggered.

I guess I can return to the tired Mac vs PC subject :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:39 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:22 am Overall, I despise Windows with every molecule in my body.
Not emotional or irrational then :hihi:
It’s the same level of “irrationality” you’d perceive when a stranger lashes out angrily at another person you’ve never met before, when you don’t know that person has abused, injured, and generally brutalized that stranger for decades, away from your view. Their rage is justified and was created through the experience of repeat, legitimate, harms.

Perspective.
Comparing your Window's experience to years of extreme physical and emoitional abuse.

Not emotional or irrational then
As a threshold issue, what’s wrong with being emotional? Why can’t someone be emotional about something? What makes anyone the judge over someone else’s emotional feelings? What does it even mean to say “you’re emotional.”? You’re saying you’re being too emotional; this situation doesn’t call for an emotional response. Who made you the nude of that?

Anyway...

The first example is not “emotional” or irrational. It’s simply a metaphoric use of language to say that he really dislikes Windows. We strongly like and dislike things all the time.

The second example is an analogy to explain why the first example is not emotional or irrational. Jace-BeOS is not comparing to say that Windows experience is EXACTLY like physical / emotional abuse (although there is a psychological component to using technology; just look at this thread). He is just pointing out a way in which the two situations are similar: there could be something going on behind the seems which the observer doesn’t see - repeated harm over time - which explains the response and makes it reasonable. So, his hatred of Windows is reasonable because using Windows harmed him, and it’s reasonable to hate that which harms us repeatedly.
Hink wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 pm and this tangent does not belong in this thread

I have an idea: instead of these "X" vs. "Y" threads, why not start support group threads like "Apple Haters Support Group", or "Windows Victims Support Group", plus something like "The Apple Worship Thread" and "Praise your PC Thread". Is any moderator also a certified therapist who could help?

Hink has edited my post. I removed his edit, sent him a private message, and instead of a response, he redited and locked me out of making edits to my own post.

So just wondering if everyone is cool with a moderator:

1) editing your own post;
2) locking you out of making further edits.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:09 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:22 am Overall, I despise Windows with every molecule in my body.
It’s the same level of “irrationality” you’d perceive when a stranger lashes out angrily at another person you’ve never met before, when you don’t know that person has abused, injured, and generally brutalized that stranger for decades, away from your view. Their rage is justified and was created through the experience of repeat, legitimate, harms.

Perspective.
Comparing your Window's experience to years of extreme physical and emoitional abuse.

As a threshold issue, what’s wrong with being emotional? Why can’t someone be emotional about something? What makes anyone the judge over someone else’s emotional feelings? What does it even mean to say “you’re emotional.”? You’re saying you’re being too emotional; this situation doesn’t call for an emotional response. Who made you the nude of that?

Anyway...

The first example is not “emotional” or irrational. It’s simply a metaphoric use of language to say that he really dislikes Windows. We strongly like and dislike things all the time.

The second example is an analogy to explain why the first example is not emotional or irrational. Jace-BeOS is not comparing to say that Windows experience is EXACTLY like physical / emotional abuse (although there is a psychological component to using technology; just look at this thread). He is just pointing out a way in which the two situations are similar: there could be something going on behind the seems which the observer doesn’t see - repeated harm over time - which explains the response and makes it reasonable. So, his hatred of Windows is reasonable because using Windows harmed him, and it’s reasonable to hate that which harms us repeatedly.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:38 pm I was living in the US. I had a 2011 laptop that had a logic board error. At first wanted $400. Then fixed for free. They also replaced the glossy screen with a matte screen upon my request for free. A few months ago, same thing happened, but they would not replace the laptop because it was EOL (over 6 years old, apple doesn’t maintain the parts).
What can I say? You were lucky. I wasn't (despite being an old user, and even having done some demo work for Apple here, in the times after they bought Emagic). Maybe because "I am NOT living in the US" :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:55 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:38 pm I was living in the US. I had a 2011 laptop that had a logic board error. At first wanted $400. Then fixed for free. They also replaced the glossy screen with a matte screen upon my request for free. A few months ago, same thing happened, but they would not replace the laptop because it was EOL (over 6 years old, apple doesn’t maintain the parts).
What can I say? You were lucky. I wasn't (despite being an old user, and even having done some demo work for Apple here, in the times after they bought Emagic). Maybe because "I am NOT living in the US" :shrug:
I would say that’s exactly correct. Apple Japan and Apple France did not provide the same kind of support to my family, who also had the same logic board issue.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm Hink has edited my post. I removed his edit, sent him a private message, and instead of a response, he redited and locked me out of making edits to my own post.

Perspective.

Anyway...

you didn't send me a pm, you ignored my post to jace and I dont care whether you like it or not...stop trolling mods.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I sent you two private messages. In the first I explained that I didn’t see your response (hence impossible to ignore it), and that editing a users post feels unreasonably invasive.

Then you, re-edited my post and locked me out of editing my own post, the edit being ostensibly evident.

In the second I expressed my disappointment in this passive - aggressive behavior.

Please - remove your edit and re-enable my abilities to edit my own post. I didn’t write or do anything warranting such draconian action from a moderator. The fact that you don’t care speaks volumes.
Hink wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:04 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm Hink has edited my post. I removed his edit, sent him a private message, and instead of a response, he redited and locked me out of making edits to my own post.

Perspective.

Anyway...

you didn't send me a pm, you ignored my post to jace and I dont care whether you like it or not...stop trolling mods.

you did not send me any private messages, kindly show me screenshots of you sent box so we know if there are server issues because I did not get any. I will not change a thing, you ignored my request to not go further on that tangent, end of story.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink is an excellent moderator and has my full support. :tu:

Mac versus PC is so yesterday.

Mac is not better than PC, it's more expensive and safer because there are no viruses for mac, but mac's hardware isn't magically faster than pc just like that.

V-Future wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm Mac is not better than PC, it's more expensive and safer because there are no viruses for mac, but mac's hardware isn't magically faster than pc just like that.
Bulls... If there are no viruses (malware) for Mac, why do they need a "Gatekeeper"? :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

dellboy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm Mac versus PC is so yesterday.
It's still as fun as it ever was :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:27 pm
dellboy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm Mac versus PC is so yesterday.
It's still as fun as it ever was :hihi:
I think it was funnier yesterday.
Yesterday was the "Mac vs PC" commercials that suggested the Mac guy had more intelligence, creativity, fitness and testosterone.
I wonder what types of characters would represent Mac and PC now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEG5LVXdKo
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”