My DAW PC hates me though I shower it with nothing but love..time to switch to a Mac?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got Macs and PCs.

I like both, but I do hate myself. :x

Michael L wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 am
fmr wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:27 pm
dellboy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm Mac versus PC is so yesterday.
It's still as fun as it ever was :hihi:
I think it was funnier yesterday.
Yesterday was the "Mac vs PC" commercials that suggested the Mac guy had more intelligence, creativity, fitness and testosterone.
I wonder what types of characters would represent Mac and PC now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEG5LVXdKo
The Mac adverts are very clever, its clear that they drummed up the whole Mac v PC war.

Mac users are, by their own admission, the arty types.

Hence more emotional.

dellboy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 am Mac users are, by their own admission, the arty types.
What type do PC users admit to being?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:24 am
dellboy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 am Mac users are, by their own admission, the arty types.
Any type, INCLUDING the "arty" type. Fortunately, using a PC doesn't "define" a person, as using a Mac (pretensely) does.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

liquorice allsorts :hihi:

fmr wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am Any type...using a PC doesn't "define" a person
That's such a powerful affirmation of your being:

"Don't Define Yourself: Use a PC!"
Stuart Smalley
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I wouldn't generally say that. The Mac users i know are rather the "I'm a special person, so i need the most premium technology" type.

Amazingly, someone actually did a 2011 study on what types of people Mac and PC users are:

Hunch is an online recommendation site: users answer "Teach Hunch About You" questions, and Hunch's algorithms recommend new movies, albums, products, services, websites, and so on. 388,315 Hunch users have told Hunch.com whether they use a Mac or a PC; Hunch cross-referenced that information with their huge database of individual preferences to produce this chart comparing Mac People and PC People.

The most central difference seems to be that Mac users are more urban than PC users: half of Mac people live in the city, while PC people are "18% more likely to live in the suburbs and 21% more likely to live in a rural area." Mac people are also, on the whole, younger, more liberal, and more educated. They "prefer modern art," and watch Bravo, Showtime, and HBO, while PC users like USA Network and the History and SyFy Channels. "69% of PC people would rather ride a Harley than a Vespa; 52% of Mac users would go for the Vespa.... Mac people are 80% more likely to be vegetarian." The differences between Mac and PC people are, in other words, just as annoying as you expected them to be.

In fact, neither side emerges from the survey unscathed. It's nice for Mac people that they throw more parties than PC people -- but, it's super lame that their cocktail conversation comes from totally predictable websites (Apartment Therapy, Huffington Post, Boing Boing). It's kind of surprising (and gross, to me at least) that PC people really like strawberry daquiris -- but how typical is it that Mac people like retro-trendy cocktails like Gimlets and Moscow Mules? The survey offers you a glimpse into the Escher-like world of consumer preferences, in which groups that are already differentiated by their consumption style ("I'm a Mac" vs. "I'm a PC") further differentiate themselves by means of other consumer preferences, which all fit into a tightly connected network of consumption-based self-definition.

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/i ... _pc_u.html
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Twats. At least that's what I was in my PC days. Now I'm using Macs. Hence I'm smart.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

In fact, neither side emerges from the survey unscathed.
Damn... We are all humans with flaws, no matter what computer we use :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Michael L wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:41 am
fmr wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am Any type...using a PC doesn't "define" a person
That's such a powerful affirmation of your being:

"Don't Define Yourself: Use a PC!"
Stuart Smalley
Could be worse --- "define yourself - use a Mac"

Or even worse -----"don't define yourself -- let Apple do it for you"

Correct would be ---- do not let material objects define you -- "just be yourself".

Scientists have shown that usage of Apple sourced artifacts increases exponentially as one approaches the hellmouth.

I used to used IBM mainframes, but not for music.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

fmr wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:27 pm
dellboy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm Mac versus PC is so yesterday.
It's still as fun as it ever was :hihi:
This :party:

jabe wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:15 pm I used to used IBM mainframes, but not for music.
Me to.. but not for music... data data data tada!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”