Output - subscription based loop player!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 amI was proposing loopmaster as a free alternative to Arcade where when you get to keep your loops not rent them
But I get to keep every Arcade loop I use, too, forever. So it's not rental, it's more like a payment plan - buy now, pay later.
Ah, OK....I thought it was just the loops you actually recorded in songs were available after cancellation.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anything you set up will continue to function. All they do is disable the GUI so you can't change anything any more but you'd still be free to change the arrangement, which is all I'd need in an older song. You might even be able to trigger other loops in the same kit if the samples are still there and not locked or something. I'll have to cancel my subscription at some point and see exactly how it works but I'm not concerned that I'll lose anything.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don’t have any problem with Arcade, it was buggy at first for me on Win 8. I also have plenty of ram. Mostly I am just not a good enough composer to use it effectively. A few background drones was about the extent of it for me. Tbh I don’t really get the sample thing too well. I use drum samples, that’s about it. The loop based sample workflow is still a bit beyond me other than for textural or sound effect scenarios.

I actually deleted everything in the end. Perhaps down the road a bit, I’ll have another look at it.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 pm I'll have to cancel my subscription at some point and see exactly how it works but I'm not concerned that I'll lose anything.
Maybe we could test this by just logging out from our Output account and opening a project that uses Arcade? Easier than unsubscribing/resubscribing. I'll try to make time to test this later today.
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

I don't know if that will work because my PC isn't always connected to the 'net but Arcade always works so even if you log out, it will probably keep going until your subscription expires.
pekbro wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:47 pm I don’t have any problem with Arcade, it was buggy at first for me on Win 8. I also have plenty of ram. Mostly I am just not a good enough composer to use it effectively. A few background drones was about the extent of it for me. Tbh I don’t really get the sample thing too well. I use drum samples, that’s about it. The loop based sample workflow is still a bit beyond me other than for textural or sound effect scenarios.
That's mostly what we use it for. It's that last few percent that really makes a song shine, which can be worth its weight in gold sometimes. It's usually the last thing we add to a mix, and it is often quite subtle, but it can add that last bit of character to whatever mood we're trying to create.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”