UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

But that really matters? The whole thing is just a trick concept, a way of doing things - not the best and not the only one. Remember that in Falcon you have complete control of voice volume, panning and modulation (and filtering per voice) and you can get a way more precise, unison sound than any other reverb trick.

Is there export to wav functionality in Falcon?

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:04 pm Is there export to wav functionality in Falcon?
Load it in a daw :?:

Anybody know of a plugin or standalone Mac app that works like the MIDI Player in Falcon? (Which is pretty sweet btw, if you've not explored it; know anybody who has and has reported on it, btw?) Loads a MIDI file, loops it and lets you transpose playback with MIDI input? If some other app or plugin just matched the Falcon player features that'd be cool, but the main thing I want is to be able to grab the MIDI out! If it was a little snazzier, that'd be better. Like if it had a legato mode so it wouldn't retrigger with every note in…

TIA!

sircuit wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:04 am But that really matters? The whole thing is just a trick concept, a way of doing things - not the best and not the only one.
It matters, because it sounds different.
sircuit wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:04 amRemember that in Falcon you have complete control of voice volume, panning and modulation (and filtering per voice) and you can get a way more precise, unison sound than any other reverb trick.
Yes I am aware of that, but it kill CPU when I want 8 and more FM unison + wavetable and other oscilators make it unsinono and start play chords. With this simple fake unisono make it much lighter for CPU. I am aware of new Chorus with 8 voices, it is nice effect but Plate modulation is still different.

Take a guess on how many voices are on the first half of the clip and how many on the second half of the clip - or what half sounds better. And then judge how much you'd have to EQ-out the good sounding part in order to fit it in a mix. And also judge if the "bad" sounding part is not already enough for a song context.

Clip: https://www85.zippyshare.com/v/W7q2SL9I/file.html

How many voices you play or how many voices are in unisono? If in unisono, it can be from 1 (which use some chorus effect, or modulation for each voice) to 16 or more. This unison detune is very low to guess how many voices are in one voice and hidden in chord.

But I am not understand how it is related to my idea, use plate modulation as unison effect. Plate modulation can make strong detune on 100% with ilusion of 32 or more sounds play unisono. Try recreate 100% modulation on Plate inside Falcon.

Both parts are one Wavetable oscillator, set to saw, 8 Voices with Stereo spread. First half has a setting of 12 Unison voices at Layer level (Falcon reports 64 voices) and the second half has 4 Unison voices (Falcon reports 24). Heavier detune will require even less voices to sound massive.

This relates to your idea in the following way: you can achieve great unison sounds by using a smaller amount of voices, the justification that you can't play chords in Falcon with large unisons because it kills the CPU is BS - just limit the layer unison to a manageable value.
And come'on, before learning the reverb trick from Dan's video you had no clue about this and now suddenly you can't live without? Of course it sounds different but is not like it's the last sound on earth that you can't make

sircuit wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 am suddenly you can't live without?
I just write idea, if it will be implement or not, it not ruin my life. But I think is good idea to write some feature request to know what user want in future and creator of Falcon decide if it is good idea or not.

hey guys. i've been trying to wrap my head around the falcon for the last couple of days. i really love it but there's one thing i just can't figure out:
when i load a preset (from any of the sound banks) i'm not able to find the effects controlled by the macros on the info page (reverb, delay, etc). when i browse the different layers in the tree there are no delays or reverbs to be found..

can someone help me out?

thanks!

RobGee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm
liv wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 am FR:
It'd be nice to have routing in the effect rack with possibility to route output back to input aswell as dry/wet control for the rack.
You mean being able to create feedback loops with effects?
Yes.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

msgrnd wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 pm hey guys. i've been trying to wrap my head around the falcon for the last couple of days. i really love it but there's one thing i just can't figure out:
when i load a preset (from any of the sound banks) i'm not able to find the effects controlled by the macros on the info page (reverb, delay, etc). when i browse the different layers in the tree there are no delays or reverbs to be found..

can someone help me out?

thanks!
Look at program level. You can insert effects either on program or on layer level or both. Some effects are also available on keygroup level.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 am You can already do dry/wet mix for the rack, see the factory preset MixXpander for Effect rack.
Great, thanks.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm
liv wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 am FR:
It'd be nice to have routing in the effect rack with possibility to route output back to input aswell as dry/wet control for the rack.
Here is a small tutorial I made on the topic of how to use an effect rack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaWV6d-l6Dk
Nice :tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Hi,
I posted this as a seperate thread but since this is somewhat the unofficial falcon support thread, here goes:

I am using Falcon as a vst plugin in Cubase 9.5.30.
I am on a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), 3,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
Mac OS Sierra.
Sometimes, it is random, but it is regular - when I choose another preset, the Menu bar starts flickering and the "beach ball" appears.
I have to click on the Falcon plugin window and then Cubase/Falcon are responsive again.
So far this hasn't happened with Falcon in stand alone mode.
Is this a bug?
Is this something on my system, a Cubase problem?
I have changed the buffer size from 256 to 512 in Cubase but that doesn't seem to help.

I tried UVI support, but that was a waste of time. For two weeks they had me jumping through hoops, they even suggested Windows workarounds while I clearly stated I was on Mac.
Now they want me to install UVI Workstation (!).

Do any of you experience the same thing, have any suggestions?
TIA
Hans

EnsoLake wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:29 am Hi,
I posted this as a seperate thread...
Hans
Link?
Falcon user since 2015

Return to “Instruments”