Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oct 19 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 28

- Improved the Multi-Preset code and also fixed a few problems with it.
- Added WusikSound to the SoundSets Search.

Wk

WilliamK wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm
goldglob wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 pmI've already loaded a preset but now the Preset Description popup appears everytime I adjust a knob or fader.
Is this on Windows or OSX? I'm trying here on Windows and can't reproduce it. What host are you using? I will try on some other hosts until it happens. Another question, if you click the Wusik logo, is Show Preset Details enabled? If you disable it, does the problem vanish? Thanks! :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK
Ah yes, Show Preset Details was enabled (Windows and REAPER here). And I can see that this behaviour has always existed (in WS V8 for example).

Improvement in the stuck GUI for missing files noted.
Previous behavior, missing file graphic was stuck there until a restart or init no matter what valid soundset was loaded into a slot.
Still a disconnect between the files and presets, but a working soundset now clears the stuck visual.
Progress,
John

Incredible, beautiful machine with an equally incredible retro library. Listening to mix and match soundsets and the control over each. Power of the sound is in the selection and the processing. Can do anything the likes of Omnisphere is capable of. Articulations, yeah absent, but with proper selection of the soundsets... Proper fx, proper balance and panning and EVE can keep pace with any task. Beautiful machine.

John

Thanks John. :hug:

Guys, have you tested the new multi preset code?

Next week I will fix the rest of the bugs.

Cheers, WilliamK

OK, solved the crash problem I talked about in post #2 here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=513019&p=7195970#p7195970
I like how the sub presets ( in Slots 1,2...) now start out as 'init' rather than 'M.Preset'.
But there are still problems.

I think a Multi Preset should be saveable not as a preset but as a Multi Preset with a unique file extension (perhaps wevempreset).
After loading a Multi Preset I should see a sub-preset in Slot 1 and a sub-preset in slot 2.....etc, just how it was when I saved it.
At the moment, to save a multi, I have to save just a preset (say I call it 'My Multi'), then when I load that preset, sure, I can hear both sub-presets, but I get the name 'My Multi' in slot 1 and no slot 2. Clicking on slot 1 reveals slot 2, but this is now called 'init'. I then click on slot 2 and can see and edit my orig slot 2 preset but it's still called 'init'.

Oct 22 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 32

- Improved the Multi-Preset code and also fixed a few problems with it.
- The "Missing Sounds" message now goes away if you move the mouse over it.

Updated the windows file for now.

Cheers, WilliamK

For now I won't use another file ext for multis, but what the code does is ask you do put those presets into a Multi folder. Just create one under Presets.

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok, much better, but consider this.
Lets say I have set up a multi with Grand Piano in slot 1 and M5 Flute in slot 2.
I save the multi as 'Piano plus Flute'.
I close EVE.
I open EVE.
I load my multi 'Piano plus Flute'
I would expect to see Grand Piano in slot 1 and M5 Flute in slot 2, but I see 'Piano plus Flute' in slot 1 (and M5 Flute in slot 2).
Well OK, I can click again on either slot and then I do see Grand Piano in slot 1 and M5 Flute in slot 2.
But this is confusing. There needs to be clarity about what is a multi preset and what is a sub-preset (or preset layer)....seeing my saved multi preset ('Piano plus Flute') in slot 1 seems illogical. The slots should always show the components, not the multi.

And in line with this, the option 'Rename Multi Preset' when right clicking a slot should be 'Rename sub-preset' or 'Rename instance' because that's what it does.
It should always be clear to the user that the slots indicate instances and that a multi is made up of those instances.

Gotcha, that helps me out, please, keep pushing me. :oops: I'm slow sometimes... It should show the right names, I have to check the code as I goofed something... :dog:

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok, uploaded Windows BETA 34, using Layers for each sub-preset. Hope that makes things more clear. :oops: I also fixed the reported problems. Should work ok now, please, let me know. Thanks again! :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

I just launched the latest EVE and created a second instance in the Multi. I then tried to change the MIDI channels in each instance (which is the way I usually use Multis, in order to allow multi-timbral). I was able to change the MIDI channel in the first instance from Omni to 1, but when I tried to change the MIDI channel in the second instance, EVE crashed badly, and closed, taking the host with it (VST Host).

I instantiated EVE again and was able to work normally.

The "MIDI channels" window (Edit All Layers), shows the preset name for the first preset but doesn't show the names for the other presets (they are displayed as 2 Multi Preset, 3 Multi Preset, etc.). It would be good if it was able to "read" the name of the currently loaded preset.

Regarding the Multi. I was able to get sound from 1 Multi Preset (in channel 1) and from 2 Multi Preset (in channel 2). From then on, I wasn't able to get any sound. It seems that only the first two instances work.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks. I don't remember if you are on Windows or OSX?

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 pm Thanks. I don't remember if you are on Windows or OSX?

Cheers, WilliamK
Windows 7 x64

I edited my post about the Multi. It seems I only get sound from the first two instances.
Fernando (FMR)

Ok, Windows BETA 36 is there now. I fixed the no sound on the other instances, I forgot to copy the midi buffer for each instance. :dog:

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”