Studio One
13%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 634

RELATED
PRODUCTS

planetearth wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:29 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm Can't vote, because I couldn't decide on just two: Reason, Bitwig and Live

Also, Bandlab, Cakewalk and Sonar is a single DAW
Well, "Sonar" and "Cakewalk [by Bandlab]" are two different DAWs. They're not entirely different, but different enough that you can install them side-by-side, and different enough for the OP's purposes here.

Steve
Different like this then....:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeBKRk_gaf8
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 am
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm Can't vote, because I couldn't decide on just two: Reason, Bitwig and Live

Well, "Sonar" and "Cakewalk [by Bandlab]" are two different DAWs. They're not entirely different, but different enough that you can install them side-by-side, and different enough for the OP's purposes here.

Steve
Different like this then....:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeBKRk_gaf8
Not even going to bother watching the video. I knew some jerk was going to say something negative about Cakewalk/Sonar. I almost said it in my first post, but since everyone else had been helpful and hadn't bothered to slag someone else's DAW of choice, I decided not to.

This thread is about which DAWs people use--nothing more, nothing less. No one's here to complain about DAWs, but someone always has to say something stupid, pointless and off-topic when he sees Cakewalk or Sonar mentioned...just like he did last week in a thread about Cakewalk. :roll:

Must be nice to have nothing else to do all day than to wait for Cakewalk or Sonar to be mentioned here so that you can tell everyone how lousy they are. Or maybe you just do this instead of actually making music.

We're all sorry that Cakewalk hurt you when you were a child. We are. Really. But seriously, it's time to get over it. Why not take the high road for once? The view is much better from up here.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 am Not even going to bother watching the video.
That was your first mistake, not watching it..., if you did.. you wouldn't have needed to post that rant. Chill :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

All you've done in the past two weeks is bash Cakewalk and Sonar when you've seen threads about them. Why would I waste any time following any link you posted, especially when it appeared to have nothing to do with the thread, and appeared to be yet another of your attempts at trolling?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

pro-tools no votes :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Steve
Nope, they are just diferent versions of the same DAW. CbB is the very exact same thing as Sonar Platinum, a few updates later. Actually, more the same than, say, Ableton Live 8 and 10. All Cakewalk versions can be installed side by side, it was never needed to uninstall one to install the new.

ATS wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 am pro-tools no votes :hihi:
Not "pro" enough :D

JoseC. wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 am
ATS wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 am pro-tools no votes :hihi:
Not "pro" enough :D
On KVR? Say it ain't so!

Reaper since 2007. So much customization of workflow. I feel a real sense of "ownership" with it, after having put hours into tweaking and scripts. Anymore, it adapts to me, rather than I to it.

planetearth wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 amThis thread is about which DAWs people use--nothing more, nothing less. No one's here to complain about DAWs, but someone always has to say something stupid, pointless and off-topic when he sees Cakewalk or Sonar mentioned...just like he did last week in a thread about Cakewalk. :roll:
Is it your first day being born and on internet? Obviously if you poll people for what DAWs they use a discussion will ensue about why this one and how it is better from the others. That's just inevitable.

And my comment wasn't to "complain" about Sonar/Cakewalk, just to point out that you had three poll entries for 1 or 2 DAWs (depending how you look at it). That's it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

AnX wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:25 amOther

me too.
it does what i need it to do, both midi and audio. so im happy. 8)

funky lime wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 am Reaper since 2007. So much customization of workflow. I feel a real sense of "ownership" with it, after having put hours into tweaking and scripts. Anymore, it adapts to me, rather than I to it.
Took you over a decade though :lol:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 pm Took you over a decade though :lol:
That's the grim truth. Chess, anyone? :lol:

Last edited by funky lime on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:14 pm
planetearth wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 amThis thread is about which DAWs people use--nothing more, nothing less. No one's here to complain about DAWs, but someone always has to say something stupid, pointless and off-topic when he sees Cakewalk or Sonar mentioned...just like he did last week in a thread about Cakewalk. :roll:
Is it your first day being born and on internet? Obviously if you poll people for what DAWs they use a discussion will ensue about why this one and how it is better from the others. That's just inevitable.

And my comment wasn't to "complain" about Sonar/Cakewalk, just to point out that you had three poll entries for 1 or 2 DAWs (depending how you look at it). That's it.
Nope. Not my first day, but I can see how it might be yours. I never suggested you were complaining about Sonar or Cakewalk--in fact, I explicitly stated that "no one's here to complain about DAWs". The message I posted that you quoted here was taken out of context; it was to someone else.

I had no problem with what you said. I simply tried to point out that Sonar and Cakewalk [by Bandlab] were basically two slightly different DAWs, in the hopes that both being listed wouldn't confuse someone else. Nothing in any of my responses suggested you were "complaining" about anything.

Steve
Steve

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”