Edelweiss‘72 by Black Rooster Audio // Official Announcement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Rooster Audio is excited to announce the Edelweiss‘72, a highly dynamic mixing toolchain, that allows surgical modifications to any signal or mix that might sound limply, needs subtle tweaking or a decent finish.

Where in the input stage you are able to expand the signal, that might be stressed by over-compression or needs a wider dynamic range, you can EQ your signals in 5 static bands, with linear-phase filters in regular stereo or M/S mode. A final compression/limiting stage will finish the overall process with a concentration of density made up with (auto) gain-stages at the end of each section.

We focussed on a variety of process-friendly bypass and soloing options, as well as proper K- and peak, balance and correlation metering in order to concede decent comparison workflows.

All our plugins can be tested within an individual 14-day trial period. We are very much looking forward to this release and hope you will enjoy this tool as much as we do.

Edelweiss`72 will be released very soon. Please stay tuned.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

why do most channel strips like these miss HPF/LPF? these are IMO essential for a channel strip to have. also, static bands? ummm, OK.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I guess the omission of pass filters is to streamline it towards mastering rather than individual channel mixing ala channel strip plugins - the fact that the static EQ bands are linear phase also reinforces that.

It's encouraging to see Black Rooster get away from analog modelling and try something else, though.

I'm a sucker for wood panels. hmmm no global wet/dry. Not sure how I feel about fixed eq bands...eager to demo though.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm towards mastering rather than individual channel mixing
Is it coincidence this is in the realm of Softube Weiss
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hope there's a discount for All Bundle owners.

jbarish wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:54 am Hope there's a discount for All Bundle owners.
Sure, there will be a discount for our customers, as well as an introduction deal.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm towards mastering rather than individual channel mixing
Is it coincidence this is in the realm of Softube Weiss
It has nothing to do with Softube's Weiss - there is no reference to their plugin at all and I have been working on the concept for Edelweiss`72 long before Softube's Mastering tool was on the radar. I would by no means put both in comparison, just by their respective names.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm I guess the omission of pass filters is to streamline it towards mastering rather than individual channel mixing ala channel strip plugins - the fact that the static EQ bands are linear phase also reinforces that.

It's encouraging to see Black Rooster get away from analog modelling and try something else, though.
The original concept was indeed to start a new Mastering Toolchain, but the prototypes showed strong potential on mix busses and specific single track sources.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

I know it's an old thread, but... just wanted say: I bought the all plugs... didn't really "need" another channel strip, so reluctantly popped this on some drum channels for a test drive since I own it... and it's staying there! In fact, I'm popping it in my mixing seed file / template. It's a really really nice sounding plug. Haven't explored limiter and gate properly... compressor is perfect though, and love the eq. Fixed eq seemed a possible issue, but it's a nice change from parametric- makes you think differently... perfectly for sound shaping (as opposed to problem solving) and it sounds great.

I write electronic music FWIW (for context).

Return to “Effects”