Need help finding dubstep drum samples?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where do you usually get your dubstep drum samples? It could be ones you could buy or a royalty free source.

i make 'em

you can make them out of static bursts; existing drum recordings or bits of garbage noise; old drum machines, highly processed. a good place to start looking for sounds is freesound.org if you pay special mind to getting ones with a compatible usage license.

just get those bad boys and mash them up

a tip: for your bass/kick drum, use a sample ONLY for the sound attack, and then use a nice big bass synth noise for the "body" of the kick. you get a lot more control that way.

I've all but ditched my drum samples in favour of the wealth of content that comes with Live Suite but my older collection draws from a variety of sources. Depending on the flavour of dubstep you prefer the samples will vary, heavier EDM style will benefit more from dense overcompressed sounds while deeper dubbier styles may sound better with a mix of natural acoustic and glitchier electronic sounds.

For the most part, many of the major release packs tend to re-use the same samples, sometimes with a little extra processing characteristic of the genre. A lot of them are just the old Vengeance samples from a few years back (which in turn were often reused or ripped from commercial tracks). Sample Magic have currently got a sale on their dubstep themed packs, generally speaking their stuff is very good and tend to contain a decent mix of standard and unusual sounds.

99sounds.org has a good collection of free sample packs, leaning more towards experimental. Whatever sounds you use, the key really lies in the reverb you apply, especially on the snare.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
This guy on ProducerBox have Royalty Free Drum Dubstep Samples
https://producerbox.com/items/3299/arab ... step-vol-1 (https://producerbox.com/items/3299/arabic-samples-drum-dubstep-vol-1)

I hope this is what you are looking for :)

Regards,
MuzzMaker
→ Find My Products On ProducerBox

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”