BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:04 pm
cineplus wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:29 pm
graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm
cineplus wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 am
graywolf2004 wrote: I'll fix it in next couple of weeks.
Thank you very much😂
Please try one of the attached. I checked only in FL/Windows - is doesn't crash now.
Actually I forgot to increase maximum array size, so it will take only 10 notes max., but at least it shouldn't crash now. So I'll increase this array size in next release.
Tested, it doesn't crash on OSX either. :tu:
Here are fixed versions (maximum number of keys increased from 10 to 20).
I didn't upload them to my website, not yet enough changes for a new release.
Thanks! downloaded.
Are you planning to increase the thru polyphony someday?
Thanks
Cheers
John

Hi Oleg,

you once did a MIDI-FX Version for Logic (though, looking at the title of this thread, I don't know if I should mention it here). Do you think you could do the same for Cubase? Cubase has got these MIDI insert effects (such as Beat Designer, Arpache 5/SX) that you can just load in the inspector. It would be great if one could do the same with BlueARP. I have got no clue whether this is technically possible at all.

Also, could you offer an even larger GUI (or, at best, a resizeable one, maybe in steps of 10-20%)? If this is too difficult to achieve, would it feasible to give the user the option to choose between different DLLs (so there would be a BlueARP100.dll, a BlueARP120.dll, and a BlueARP140.dll, ...)?

Thank you for this fantastic plugin and for all the work that you have been putting into developing it!

I downloaded latest BlueARP but it won't work. I have mac 10.9.5 and Logic Pro 10.2.0. In Plugin manager you can see "BlueARP.midiFX.x64 file. There is also text "Couldn't be opened". What I can do to get this solved? Reset & Rescan don't change nothing. I just get this text:

validating Audio Unit BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004:
validation result: successfully validated
updating properties of AU BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004…FAILED!

This plugin is new to me so I try to get to work this at first time.

macciman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am I downloaded latest BlueARP but it won't work. I have mac 10.9.5 and Logic Pro 10.2.0. In Plugin manager you can see "BlueARP.midiFX.x64 file. There is also text "Couldn't be opened". What I can do to get this solved? Reset & Rescan don't change nothing. I just get this text:

download/file.php?id=18303
Have you tried this release?

No I haven't I will try. Thanks.

I rebooted my mac after installation v2.2.7c but stil it won't work: Same info "Couldn't be opened" and for rescan:

macciman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 am I rebooted my mac after installation v2.2.7c but stil it won't work: Same info "Couldn't be opened" and for rescan:
Logic version seems to cause this issue then. Other thought, can you isolate the blueARP into different drive - folder, and scan its location via Logic (alone) to see if this will work?

I removed it to another drive but can't figure out how I can locate it via Logic? There is not any import or such of things to do that...

macciman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:36 am I removed it to another drive but can't figure out how I can locate it via Logic? There is not any import or such of things to do that...
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... gic-pro-x/

https://support.apple.com/ru-ru/HT201199

Check these links above, they will instruct you :)

macciman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am I downloaded latest BlueARP but it won't work. I have mac 10.9.5 and Logic Pro 10.2.0. In Plugin manager you can see "BlueARP.midiFX.x64 file. There is also text "Couldn't be opened". What I can do to get this solved? Reset & Rescan don't change nothing. I just get this text:

Finally I found time to look into it.
I'm on OSX 10.11 "El Capitan" & Logic 10.2.4, midiFX works for me with this config. So I'm trying to fix it in kinda blindfolded way. However, here's some stuff I did.
First, I checked it in auval tool and there was 1 error with curChain param, I fixed that. Maybe it was the reason.

So, first check this version (midiFX only)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/3/Blu ... 2.2.7d.zip

If it works - fine. If it doesn't, please do the following to give me more clues:
1. Open terminal app
2. Type in command: auval -v aumi BArp OMGw
(it will run checks against BlueARP midiFX plugin)
3. Post it's text output here

As an alternative to 2 and 3, you can type in command
auval -v aumi BArp OMGw > /Users/<your user name>/Desktop/auval_out.txt
- it will save terminal output to auval_out.txt on your desktop, attach it here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-musician wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:38 pm Hi Oleg,

you once did a MIDI-FX Version for Logic (though, looking at the title of this thread, I don't know if I should mention it here). Do you think you could do the same for Cubase? Cubase has got these MIDI insert effects (such as Beat Designer, Arpache 5/SX) that you can just load in the inspector. It would be great if one could do the same with BlueARP. I have got no clue whether this is technically possible at all.

Also, could you offer an even larger GUI (or, at best, a resizeable one, maybe in steps of 10-20%)? If this is too difficult to achieve, would it feasible to give the user the option to choose between different DLLs (so there would be a BlueARP100.dll, a BlueARP120.dll, and a BlueARP140.dll, ...)?

Thank you for this fantastic plugin and for all the work that you have been putting into developing it!
Hi, thanks for pointing this out about Cubase. I didn't know that. To clarify - can you tell me which version of Cubase it started with and is it a Windows only thing or they have it on macs as well?
I can't promise it soon, but if it is the same VST2 inside, it's technically possible and it will be the best scenario. It's worse if it's VST3 or a whole different thing. If it's VST3, I can compile it in theory, but practically it will be tons of errors and a lot of time. I never did this cause VST2 is just fine and still nowhere close to be obsolete.
As for scalable GUI - will be hard cause I have lots of pixel-precise elements. So scaling up the picture is the only relatively fast option. Just in case - which resolution do you use? I'm on fullHD 1920x1080 and the current size is large enough.

My feeling is that Cubase and a few other DAW's should allow VSTi midi fx such as BlueArp to be included in the MFX list. After all they all have a midi in and a midi out.

The other option is for BlueArp to be able to host VST instruments so simplify routing.
Or
Make a MFX version of BlueArp.
OR
get Bidule or other VST modular VST host to make an MFX version that can host VST's.
edit: this one is my favorite.

Oleg, thanks for such a great Arp!

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 pm Hi, thanks for pointing this out about Cubase. I didn't know that. To clarify - can you tell me which version of Cubase it started with and is it a Windows only thing or they have it on macs as well?
As far as I can remember, Cubase has always had these MIDI Insert Effects. The arps have always been on board, and then, with Cubase 5 or 6, they added BeatDesigner. I don't think they are Windows only.
graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 pm I can't promise it soon, but if it is the same VST2 inside, it's technically possible and it will be the best scenario. It's worse if it's VST3 or a whole different thing. If it's VST3, I can compile it in theory, but practically it will be tons of errors and a lot of time. I never did this cause VST2 is just fine and still nowhere close to be obsolete.
I have tried to locate the MIDI effect plug-ins but haven't been able to find them, only the folders with their presets. Maybe they are hidden in some "container file". Does anybody here know where they are?
graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 pmAs for scalable GUI - will be hard cause I have lots of pixel-precise elements. So scaling up the picture is the only relatively fast option. Just in case - which resolution do you use? I'm on fullHD 1920x1080 and the current size is large enough.
Same resolution here (1920x1080), which means that BlueARP is the size of Sylenth1 (at 100%). However, I still feel that it could be a litlle larger. I 'd rather have it at 110%, or 115%, or 120% (but that, admittedly, would be the maximum size). Maybe 115% would be fine.

I have a 4K monitor and the GUI of BlueArp is very small. I would also like to ask, if sending MIDI CC by BlueArp would be a feature for an update, so filters, etc. could be controlled.

I have just discovered this arpeggiator. I have to say thank you to the developer for offering such awesome plugin for free!

I do have one feature wish: add click drag ability to the patch browser for a quicker program change.

Return to “Instruments”