UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:02 pm Hmm, did check v1.0.2, cpu usage down to 32% in high mode (was about 80% before) in my old cpu.
In medium 25%, in low 14% (in very high 45%, pristine 54%, insane 70% - before i even can't use it, even in pristine was 100+).
So, its not so scary already. (damn, I was thinking about saving, now the problem :x :lol: )
Intrigued to know how old is old - My 2012 laptop only hits about 45% CPU on Insane mode even with every parameter set to max

Plate 1.02 still crashes, but this time on preset loading/restoring. Reinstall did not change it. The exit problem was fixed.

It's a very bright sound, that I'm finding hard to tame within the plugin.
As a (fairly primarily) dub & reggae producer, as much as I want to get into this plugin, I'm not sure i will buy it. Any tips on darkening the f**k out of it? or do I need to curb my expectations and filter it externally?
I'm working on the "Insane" mode and the one below it, but I find that every plate just sounds... kinda, far too loose? I'm struggling to find an adjective... I mean it's obvious that a plate verb is gonna sound metallic, but the onboard filters/dampening just doesn't do it for me.

Will I ever find a replacement for the EMT140?
or do I need to re-invest in the UAD ? :(

sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm It's a very bright sound, that I'm finding hard to tame within the plugin.
As a (fairly primarily) dub & reggae producer, as much as I want to get into this plugin, I'm not sure i will buy it. Any tips on darkening the f**k out of it? or do I need to curb my expectations and filter it externally?
I'm working on the "Insane" mode and the one below it, but I find that every plate just sounds... kinda, far too loose? I'm struggling to find an adjective... I mean it's obvious that a plate verb is gonna sound metallic, but the onboard filters/dampening just doesn't do it for me.

I haven't found any plate plugin, which replaces the UAD EMT 140, that great plugin has so many nuances, its really multidimensional.
I like reverbs with personality, this is one of those. An other example is PSP 2445, really beautiful sounding plate, but different than the EMT 140.
You can replace some individual sounds of the EMT 140 by other reverbs or IRs, but not the whole spectre of this versatile plugin.

the PSP 2445 is lovely.
actually I'm really getting off on this new SP2016. The workflow, the sound... i love it!

Really, between that and Breeze2 I should be happy and just nip this GAS in the bud.
I'm expecting Aether 2 and B2tu in the not too distant future, so i should be saving my beans for the update.

Thanks Harry.

sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:01 pm the PSP 2445 is lovely.
actually I'm really getting off on this new SP2016. The workflow, the sound... i love it!

Really, between that and Breeze2 I should be happy and just nip this GAS in the bud.
I'm expecting Aether 2 and B2tu in the not too distant future, so i should be saving my beans for the update.

Thanks Harry.
Yeah, as a Anthology xi owner the SP2016 was an instant buy for me, belongs to the top reverbs I've heard, its absolute strenght is puttings sources to the 3D space better than anything else. But its more than a room reverb, I find always new aspects of it.

Breeze2 (and Aether2) are "fantasy reverbs", really versatile.

sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm It's a very bright sound, that I'm finding hard to tame within the plugin.

GoldPlate is out in a few days and I think that could be much closer to what you're looking for. The Waves Abbey Road Plates are also much darker than UVI Plate, while still sounding excellent. SoundToys LittlePlate is lacking in features but has a darker sound. ValhallaPlate can do darker (than UVI anyway) plates. I haven't tried the Acoustica Plate (Ebony) but that one's also rated quite highly by some. So, definitely lots of Plate options out there if you haven't tried them all.

Also, if you read back a few pages, it sounds like UVI has some internal parameters they plan on exposing to the plugin at some point that will also darken things up.

yea for now Lil Plate is about the best for me.
I'll never support Waves again for as long as i live, and although Kush sounds good, $200 is a bit of a joke really.

Thank you very much :)

sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:07 pm can anyone confirm that the OSX demo of v1.0.2 is uploaded please?
I got 1.01. The intro offer ends soon and the product is still buggy and unusable on my 12-core 3GHz Logic machine. :dog: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 pm
sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:07 pm can anyone confirm that the OSX demo of v1.0.2 is uploaded please?
I got 1.01. The intro offer ends soon and the product is still buggy and unusable on my 12-core 3GHz Logic machine. :dog: :phones:
I got 1.02 yesterday. I use a 2014 mac, High Sierra and it’s fine. I use the vst though.

On my MacPro ashtray model and Sierra, Plate works just fine.

For crying out loud. If you are going to take my comments and put them on your website without my knowledge can you at least spell my nickname right? :dog:

This whole Plate release has been a weird sequence of debacles. If nothing, its somewhat entertaining watching a company being such bone-heads. :phones:

UPDATE: Tried to get the trial again, Sunday 28 Oct @ 15:00h EST and I still get 1.01 :dog:

Here: https://www.uvi.net/plate#trial (screenshot stored)

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 3.22.06 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pluxuss :D :D :D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

mcbpete wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:18 pm
c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:02 pm Hmm, did check v1.0.2, cpu usage down to 32% in high mode (was about 80% before) in my old cpu.
In medium 25%, in low 14% (in very high 45%, pristine 54%, insane 70% - before i even can't use it, even in pristine was 100+).
So, its not so scary already. (damn, I was thinking about saving, now the problem :x :lol: )
Intrigued to know how old is old - My 2012 laptop only hits about 45% CPU on Insane mode even with every parameter set to max
CPU from 2009 year here. Need clarify that i mean percent usage of one core (of 4), not of entire cpu. Ie i am guided by DAW cpu meter (Studio one 3 in my case), not thru OS meters. What DAW you use ?

sqigls wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm yea for now Lil Plate is about the best for me.
I'll never support Waves again for as long as i live, and although Kush sounds good, $200 is a bit of a joke really.

Thank you very much :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKXcj1a7mXE

This little device would help out all these older computers, by keeping up with modern DSP demands, especially with heavy CPU hogs like Reverbs. It would be nice if UVI joined Waves Soundgrid partners.

Return to “Effects”