Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HQ Piano Sets.
Load a piano..Amp KeyT knob shows 0.0 but sound is actually as if knob was at -1.0....adjust knob a bit..it takes over correct value.

Not so much bug report, but with Goldglob and Fmr on the trail, things will get reported on the deeper mechanics.

More looking at the function from the perspective of a new or old user and some issues still present.

Sf2 soundfont loading a needed addition, but as reported, can't get to individual files within banks. Example is my Digital Sound Factory feast with the Proteus hardware line. Hundreds of soundfonts but hosted inside sf2 banks. EVE will only pick up the bank and represent one sound, no access to the different internal files.

Disconnect with presets and soundsets still a problem. This deals with import of older EVE or Wusik data where the soundset does load but any presets mostly come up with missing sounds. This even if the soundset is already recognized. Comparing EVE 3 and the subsequent EVE 5 import of the data, so many great presets and multis are missing that are present in the EVE 3 choices. Again, this not a death issue especially for new users or those not importing previous preset data.

Adding locations (from 3 to 6) about covers what anyone could rationally need to import other libraries or files. One of those things where if you can't do what you need to do with 6 locations, the lack of locations may not be the issue. 20 more slots will probably not help.

Different however with the current vst/vsti host limitation of the single location, and a big issue being unable to incorporate both 32 and 64 bit effects/synths into the mix. The bridging task may be too complicated for the current production objectives, so I understand if this is on the back burner or not on any burner.

Here is an example of a roadblock. This in the context that EVE has the potential of being a single source controlling point for any synth. The user gets both an incredible library of sounds and an effective chainer

So I'm running 64 bit EVE. Got a beautiful mellotron patch from the Wusik library. Want to add IK's Miroslav Philharmonic (x86) to EVE 5 as a master control point. First problem is 64 bit EVE doesn't load 32 bit effects or synths. I really got to have control inside EVE, so use J-Bridge to process a 64 bit version. Move the dll to the EVE effects 64 folder and can't bring it up. The dll has to be where it is to track down the associated data and whatever other files needed to launch the program.

Same as the improved file location options, EVE has to be able to select alternate vst locations so external and more complicated vsti's can function finding their path to files and libraries beyond the location of the dll file. Change the dll location and some synths malfunctions.

Cheers, John K

Also need to add a user controllable filter on third party data files. An sfz for Cakewalk Dimension Pro can be buried in a mess of wav files. With the browser currently unable to horizontally resize, the tree goes off the right end of the GUI and you can't see what you are looking for because the file names and extensions are cut off. Would help to have the user select a filter to just show wav, just show sfz, etc.

John

Cakreshvara,
Re Presets/Soundsets disconnect:
Even though any soundsets from the vast Wusik collection can be shared across products, presets are unique to the individual product. EVE 3 presets are meant for only EVE 3.

I'm listening. Lost all day yesterday and today trying to get MS Visual Studio 2017 to work with the latest Intel 2019 compiler. (seems that they are one year ahead, lol) Just to find that CPU usage didn't improve at all. So I'm checking what I did wrong, and where I can optimize the code.

Those who are getting high CPU usage, please, could you tell me which processor you have? Here on my old i5 quad-core 2.9Ghz CPU usage seems ok for all my products, but maybe I just didn't compare to other products. Still, I will play around with the compiler some more tomorrow and report back.

John, I will read your posts again tomorrow and so and will try to address all the problems. Thanks again. :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

Cakreshvara.
You're not actually restricted to the 6 user folders, and you don't have to have that mess of wav files in the browser.
Try this:
To load an SFZ just click on one of the 'waveform' slots.
Navigate to anywhere on your computer and load a .sfz file (just the file, don't worry about the wavs).
Play the SFZ with Wusik. Twiddle some knobs.
Save as a preset. If you want copies of the samples kept in the Wusik directory choose save with samples but you don't need this, just save, and then when you later load the preset Wusik knows where to find the samples in their original location. You need to refresh the browser to see your new preset in the tree.
So you could have lots of presets, each one aiming at all sorts of weird locations on your computer, and there's no need for these sort of things to be in the browser as soundsets.

Thanks Goldglob, William,

Got to get to the computer to see if I can do the direct load of an sfz from the sound slot without scanning all the wav files. Would still be an advantage to have a filter in the browser to target specific supported files. The browser location will be where most people will go and could cut down on a lot of extra searching.

John

Guys, first, thanks for helping me out with ideas, not just testing. Sorry I'm a bit slow, but this whole compiler stuff took me 2 days to figure out. :dog: I'm also helping a friend with another project, but tomorrow I will work more on EVE and do as much as I can from your ideas and reports.

One important thing, about the DATA folder. What you think about this idea:

A SINGLE "Wusik Data" folder, where all shared stuff is stored, and individual plugin stuff are stored in extra folders. For example:

Wusik Data\SoundSets (all the 16 gig sound collection)
Wusik Data\VSTs 32 bits and 64 bits (the shared VST stuff)
Wusik Data\Custom Filters
Wusik Data\Custom Effects
Wusik Data\Wusik Station V9\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik Station V9\Presets
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Presets
Wusik Data\Wusik EVE V5\Custom Filters For EVE
Wusik Data\Wusik 8008\Skins
Wusik Data\Wusik 8008\Presets

IMHO it looks better, but I want to hear from more brains. :cool:

John, tomorrow I give more attention to you.

Cheers, WilliamK

Hi William,
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz here.
I loaded the same small SFZ instrument into EVE 5 and Sforzando both being triggered in turn by the same MIDI.
EVE's CPU is about 10x that of Sforzando.

BTW, it seems that EVE can only load quite small sfz files. I tried to load a piano that is about 1.2 GB and EVE sounded like a monster dying!
Or perhaps it's not the size, but just the interpretation of the sfz file?

Could it be, the sfz support was not written by me, so I have to check how it was coded and try the files you had problems with myself. :oops:

So, you guys think I should take time to up optimize the code? It's a lot of work, but I will do it if you think I should. One idea is full see parallelization on some portions of the code. I just need to think on an easier way to code that works without see too. I will think on something...

Wk

Don't forget to read my comments about the one-data-folder-to-rule-em-all :hihi: TXS again :hug:

WilliamK wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 am Don't forget to read my comments about the one-data-folder-to-rule-em-all :hihi: TXS again :hug:
I think it's neater like this.
Wusik Data\ SHARED Data\
Wusik Data\ Wusik Station Data\
Wusik Data\ Wusik EVE V5 Data\
Wusik Data\ Wusik One Data\

And don't forget the Extras folders.

Ahhh, good idea, txs

William, I'll put some links here for you to download the SFZ packages making the monster death throes! (It's all free stuff without the need to sign up etc).
But just for now,
re what to prioritize?
For me, with I suppose an average computer, the code optimization is not urgent...I can run a reasonably loaded EVE without problems.
I think that at this stage it would be better to iron out the bugs, write some more presets, get some more skin colours (the black is a bit depressing), finish the manual, do some videos about how it all works (and use a close mic with no reverb)... so just really getting the product up and running. Then take a holiday, then come back to concentrate on the optimization. I think the SFZ and SF2 improvements will greatly benefit the product as well. It must be difficult to keep a clear head with all this going on....drink lots of orange juice and don't overdo the coffee!

http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/acous ... piano.html
The Kawai piano is fine but the Salamander (scroll down) makes the noise....I've realized what the noise is...the release samples (the mechanical sound) is about 20x louder than the actual notes....but this piano sounds fine in other SFZ players.

Return to “Instruments”