Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Well, since it is a pack which will be extracted, it would be kind of weird to offer a diff patch. Then you would need to keep the very first pack on your drive, multiple times patching it and then extracting it. Seems to be more easy to me to just redownload it.

That said I would wish a little better updated changelog, including a remark when you should redownload a new library version. I am always getting confused here.

Also the version of the last installed base lib could be saved along with the avenger's preferences and shown in config.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 am Well, since it is a pack which will be extracted, it would be kind of weird to offer a diff patch. Then you would need to keep the very first pack on your drive, multiple times patching it and then extracting it. Seems to be more easy to me to just redownload it.

That said I would wish a little better updated changelog, including a remark when you should redownload a new library version. I am always getting confused here.

Also the version of the last installed base lib could be saved along with the avenger's preferences and shown in config.
You don't need to keep old downloaded packs. After its extracted it is wherever you've put the content. So if it were an update file rather than the whole thing again, it would just add the new stuff.

But I do agree having a) a record of what version you're on within the plugin and b) downloads from the main Avenger site would both be good ideas. It is all quite confusing still.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Agreed. Still I think it would not work since the Avenger presets are encrypted. So I guess even a tiny change will cause the whole encrypted file to be changed then.

Why is it that Avenger, when triggering samples, is sample accurate but Nexus can't be? I'm been told by the boss over there that it's not even coming in Nexus 3 and I'm only the 4th or 5th person to request it. Because non of the thousands of "PRO" users have asked for it and do perfectly fine with out it, I'm the stupid one for wanting it.

Was it really that hard to make Avenger not have this issue? Am i really out of line here? Did i miss something or devs making sample related software suck as Kontakt, Halion etc Sample accurate, actually an important decision?
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:21 pm Why is it that Avenger, when triggering samples, is sample accurate but Nexus can't be? I'm been told by the boss over there that it's not even coming in Nexus 3 and I'm only the 4th or 5th person to request it. Because non of the thousands of "PRO" users have asked for it and do perfectly fine with out it, I'm the stupid one for wanting it.

Was it really that hard to make Avenger not have this issue? Am i really out of line here? Did i miss something or devs making sample related software suck as Kontakt, Halion etc Sample accurate, actually an important decision?
Not the same code and coder. reFX can't even make Nexus' GUI zoomable for macOS. macOS is updated yearly. A simple line beween these dots results that Nexus' code is so old (10+ years), he (still Michael Hartmann I suppose) can't add or change anything important to it without completely rewriting it from scratch.

As for the actual sample accurate stuff, I personally inject a degree of random delay in my midi tracks to infuse more human feel and is a widely used practice afaik so that's why most of the people don't mind the lesser resolution of Nexus. Definitely you should not feel weird for asking, however.

Just bought Avenger. Playing with the chord arp feature and wondering whether there are chord progression presets for it or else a way to save chord progressions.
At first glance, the available chords don't seem extensive, but maybe there's a way to extend them when needed.

of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File

Got shocked right now!

Missing content, user OSC shape.

I thought Avenger saved imported waveform shapes in the preset itself?

I deleted some that I imported to test but did some presets with some of them before I deleted cause I thought they would definitely be saved within the preset, due to the tiny size of a waveform shape?

Please consider saving user waveform shapes in the preset.

(Serum had the same problem with the "sample "noise osc before. Steve then changed so that they where saved in the preset instead and solved so much hassle with missing samples).

If it was an imported shape from an expansion location, then the path is set to this, and if you delete it, its not found of course.

sircuit wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:03 am I personally inject a degree of random delay in my midi tracks to infuse more human feel and is a widely used practice
I agree, I even mentioned that in my thread and message to them. However, that should be a choice. I'd been hearing something for ages that I didn't like, didn't want. Especially when layering to make 1 unique tight sound. Some BPM's are much worse than others (I didn't know that then). It's been getting in the way and messing up my mixes for some time. You can image my annoyance when I realised it was this. I don't mind drum hits to have swing or even different sounds within the track, it's pretty common with hardware but... I just expected this to be sample accurate or at least a fixed delay so overruled that as the issue. Resampling, hit detection and Quantise to the rescue, a bit of a pain!!!

I thought there was more of of a connection between the 2 devs. Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

I demoed it today and the first thing that happened was a black editor once in a while after opening and closing it.

Regarding Nexus & Avenger: they both have the same arp issue :D Initpreset - arp to 8th - play a quarter note in the piano roll and you'll hear the arp triggering 3 times. The last arp note only clicks and pops because it of course gets cut immediately (it shouldn't get triggered at all!).
It's way worse in Nexus and Michael from refx told me to simply shorten the piano roll notes because it seems an issue specific to me XD That's ridicoulus but I didn't expect much from refx. I hope the Avenger dev is different and least fixes this in Avenger.

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:03 pm of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File
Rene wrote that demo content was latest. I guess I'll download content again.
Since I'm new to Avenger, some things aren't so obvious at first.
I hope I can save and load just progressions without having to save the entire patch preset.

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:11 pm If it was an imported shape from an expansion location, then the path is set to this, and if you delete it, its not found of course.
So why the decision to not save the waveform shape in the preset?

And why can't we import a whole folder of single cycle waveforms?
I have a lot of waveforms so adding them one by one is very tedious. :)

mynet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm So why the decision to not save the waveform shape in the preset?
Why saving the waveform but not the wavetable or the sample? Will gett messy very fast (if you have a preset with a shape layer, a click and a 50 MB multisample). On the other hand, unlike Serum that uses a single sample, Avenger uses multisamples which could result in having 100+ MB patches. Not kewl.
mynet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm And why can't we import a whole folder of single cycle waveforms?
I have a lot of waveforms so adding them one by one is very tedious. :)
First and foremost, Avenger is Manuel's tool to make expansions, open to the public. After 500 pages on this thread I'd say pretty much all requests that do not resonate with Manuel's workflow (which again, is all about selling expansions) are discarded (no general drag & drop to a specific synthesis/sampler mode, no sample reverse, no possibility of using granular samples as audio samples, no possibility of throwing factory audio samples into granular mode, zero flexibility in drum osc). Everything must be pre-processed and then imported in an organized fashion aka what Manuel does when creating expansions.

MrBauer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:00 pm Regarding Nexus & Avenger: they both have the same arp issue :D Initpreset - arp to 8th - play a quarter note in the piano roll and you'll hear the arp triggering 3 times. The last arp note only clicks and pops because it of course gets cut immediately (it shouldn't get triggered at all!).
It's way worse in Nexus and Michael from refx told me to simply shorten the piano roll notes because it seems an issue specific to me XD That's ridicoulus but I didn't expect much from refx. I hope the Avenger dev is different and least fixes this in Avenger.
I can confirm that issue happen every now and then...
But I find the workaround not that hard on the other hand...

Return to “Instruments”