Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

So is this any different than the Bias Amp they gave away last time?
This is Bias Amp 2, but last time it was "with effects," which this doesn't seem to have.
So basically I am saying is this in any way worthwhile to someone that took advantage of the previous offer?

sprnva wrote:FREE Bias Amp 2 LE with $20 discount upgrade offer to Bias Amp 2 from 6th September to 1st November.
After going through the convoluted registration process for a 64 bit version on a windows 10 system, I was left with a demo version that refuses to activate the LE license after logging on to the ToneCloud. It's really disappointing.

This is a correction
This is always painful, but it is what it is.g
I misspelled my email address when creating my account with PositiveGrid, thus created my own roadblock.
Using the errant email address the software updated the license as advertised. Now I got to go sit in the corner.
Last edited by buster31 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote:
sprnva wrote:FREE Bias Amp 2 LE with $20 discount upgrade offer to Bias Amp 2 from 6th September to 1st November.
Buggy shit vst with crap support as far as i remember
Really difficult time authorizating their stuff, has a laggy web-browser based GUI (apparently)
A well-behaved signature.

buster31 wrote:
After going through the convoluted registration process for a 64 bit version on a windows 10 system, I was left with a demo version that refuses to activate the LE license after logging on to the ToneCloud. It's really disappointing.
Went through the process too. Mine activated fine. In the standalone, I changed the audio options to ASIO and selected the Focusrite ASIO driver, it then gives me a nice popup saying it that it couldn't create i/o buffers.

I have rebooted / etc just can't get the stand alone to work with my card. Runs fine in Cubase. Not sure I need an amp sim of with that complexity to be honest, so it will probably go at some point. I do like some of the effects in the Bias FX product though.

Two free AAS sound packs and $300 discount off AAS Libraries Sound Pack Series Bundle from 6 November to 9 January.
Image Image Image Image

I'm still very appreciative of these freebies, but it seems like the quality of the offers has been going down for awhile.
I think some developers may be staying away after seeing Exponential Audio's customers get all bent out of shape about the R2 offer.

I thought it was the owner of Exponential Audio that got bent out of shape. He got upset that people who don't have an ilok2 (and thus couldn't use the software) wanted to get rid of their licenses. Most companies would be like, "meh. ok" but he was vocally unhappy about it.

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 pm I thought it was the owner of Exponential Audio that got bent out of shape. He got upset that people who don't have an ilok2 (and thus couldn't use the software) wanted to get rid of their licenses. Most companies would be like, "meh. ok" but he was vocally unhappy about it.
Yeah well I guess that too. I respect a delevopers desire to not have a bunch of people profiting off of their work, but you can't just peak into Pandora's box. He really should've known what he was getting himself into.

Focusrite sister company novation has just started something similar and is calling it sound collective, focusing on instruments. First freebie is klevgrand baervaag and 50% off jussi.

https://novationmusic.com/sound-collective

But then Exponential Audio opened up the licensing to include software iLok - and everyone was happy. At least I was! Thanks EA.

mister-rz wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm Focusrite sister company novation has just started something similar and is calling it sound collective, focusing on instruments. First freebie is klevgrand baervaag and 50% off jussi.

That's cool. I think these things are a great perk and can really be the thing that pushes you over the line for a certain product.
Too bad I don't have room on my desk for Launchpad.
Last edited by Local Man on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:57 pm But then Exponential Audio opened up the licensing to include software iLok - and everyone was happy. At least I was! Thanks EA.
True. Ultimately it was a very generous offer and I have to give respect where it is due.
I think it worked out well for everyone who was involved in that situation with honesty and integrity.

Idiotic double post :oops: :clown:

Local Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:11 pm
mister-rz wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm Focusrite sister company novation has just started something similar and is calling it sound collective, focusing on instruments. First freebie is klevgrand baervaag and 50% off jussi.

That's cool. I think these things are a great perk and can really be the thing that pushes you over the line for a certain product.
Too bad I don't have room on my desk for Launchpad.
Agreed, overall very happy with what focusrite has given away and it's also nice to get the discount vouchers, novation offer has got off to a good start. Packed away a lot of my controllers, my music making habits have changed, very rarely at my desk at all last 6 years or so.

Bought Jussi as a result but without demoing
What a disappointment
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”