Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Trancit wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:34 pm
MrBauer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:00 pm Regarding Nexus & Avenger: they both have the same arp issue :D Initpreset - arp to 8th - play a quarter note in the piano roll and you'll hear the arp triggering 3 times. The last arp note only clicks and pops because it of course gets cut immediately (it shouldn't get triggered at all!).
It's way worse in Nexus and Michael from refx told me to simply shorten the piano roll notes because it seems an issue specific to me XD That's ridicoulus but I didn't expect much from refx. I hope the Avenger dev is different and least fixes this in Avenger.
I can confirm that issue happen every now and then...
But I find the workaround not that hard on the other hand...
Same bug here. It's just unnecessary because it doesn't happen with other synths (at least here). This "workaround" becomes critical when doing live stuff with quantization enabled. But if that workaround is the simple way instead of fixing the behavior then this speaks for itself.

What is procedure for installing the latest R5 content. I had R4 on my machine when auditioning demo version.
Edit: Found import button. Done.

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:03 pm of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File
Thanks, found them.
Is there a way to automatically have grid display current progression A, B, C, or D as each plays?

First and foremost, Avenger is Manuel's tool to make expansions, open to the public. After 500 pages on this thread I'd say pretty much all requests that do not resonate with Manuel's workflow (which again, is all about selling expansions) are discarded (no general drag & drop to a specific synthesis/sampler mode, no sample reverse, no possibility of using granular samples as audio samples, no possibility of throwing factory audio samples into granular mode, zero flexibility in drum osc). Everything must be pre-processed and then imported in an organized fashion aka what Manuel does when creating expansions.
you are right, since its my (our) product, I (we) must be convinced about a new feature to reserve manpower to built it into. Seeing that we already have a long to do list (enough for the next 5 years), this takes time. Of course we will improve the ease importing of own samples in the future. Planned is also a multisample loop editor etc... but at the moment we are working on 1.5. with a totally different focus. And you get my intention wrong: Avenger is not my "tool to sell XPs" its my dream tool to do what I passionately love: designing new presets and sounds. The money comes long after this.

Song I rustled up using presets from the Funky House expansion,
part of my "every track VPS Avenger" series.
Vocals are synthetic, Eleanor Forte.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSn-0ctx8DU

sircuit wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:08 pm
mynet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm So why the decision to not save the waveform shape in the preset?
Why saving the waveform but not the wavetable or the sample? Will gett messy very fast (if you have a preset with a shape layer, a click and a 50 MB multisample). On the other hand, unlike Serum that uses a single sample, Avenger uses multisamples which could result in having 100+ MB patches. Not kewl.
Good question but didn't I give you the answer? Or maybe check if samples are saved before you suppose they're not?

To me it seems samples are cause the preset file gets larger with custom samples in them.
And I deleted the sample to se if the preset would load, and it did!

That's why I'm shocked/surprised that custom user waveform shapes ain't saved when custom user samples are?

I hope that Manuel could shed some light on all of this, what is saved and what is not saved :?:

mynet wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:16 pm
sircuit wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:08 pm
mynet wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm So why the decision to not save the waveform shape in the preset?
Why saving the waveform but not the wavetable or the sample? Will gett messy very fast (if you have a preset with a shape layer, a click and a 50 MB multisample). On the other hand, unlike Serum that uses a single sample, Avenger uses multisamples which could result in having 100+ MB patches. Not kewl.
Good question but didn't I give you the answer? Or maybe check if samples are saved before you suppose they're not?

To me it seems samples are cause the preset file gets larger with custom samples in them.
And I deleted the sample to se if the preset would load, and it did!

That's why I'm shocked/surprised that custom user waveform shapes ain't saved when custom user samples are?

I hope that Manuel could shed some light on all of this, what is saved and what is not saved :?:
You can drag & drop samples into the OSC's, without them being imported into the libary. Besides samples, any type of source must be imported first. Perhaps you noticed that if you drop a serum wave(table) it will be treated as audio sample, not wavetable.
Now, it would be cool at drag & drops, to display "dropping zones" (drop in top-left corner for audio sample, top-right for granular, bottom-left for waveshape, bottom-right for wavetable) but is not a priority in development.

That's why samples that are not imported in library get saved within a preset. Any other sound sources are assumed to be at their imported location. On the other hand, it would make total sense to have save and export menus: save - to save a small preset referring likns to all sound sources (be they in the library or not) and export - to export a preset will all sources embedded. But this opens up the way to piracy of 3rd party resources so it will never be implemented. Or if limited to factory sounds, will look again half-baked. So frustrating. and where the sources used are form commercial xp's they can be encoded with the license key so a share of presets could be made only between owners of the respective xp's, thus preventing piracy.

Manuel i hope in 1.5 you guys add at least one guitar effect since we are going to use guitars that be great

I think there may be a problem with the chorder arp.
If I set section A of Arp1 to cmaj for all 8 divisions, the first 3 play the cmaj (ceg), the fourth plays a single note (lower) and the remaining 3 play a static note; if you keep the controller key depressed, the single note keeps repeating; so essentially, the chord is only playing for 3 beats.
If I set the arp to poly instead of chord, I can get a chord to sound on each beat by adjusting CRS chorder settings, but that produces just one and the same chord for each beat.

New expansion is ready !
Analogue classics.
With a launch discount price.

Inspired by legendary synths, we've recreated the most typical and authentic vintage analog sounds from Moog, Oberheim, Roland, Prophet, Yamaha and others.
135 presets + 43 Bonus presets from the Analogue Legends Expansions.
A total of 178 presets unique analog sounds! Pure emulated VA, no sampling, except the drums.
Old retro sounds, luscious pads, power leads, detuning strings, deep funky basses on Avenger. Perfect for pop, rock, synthwave,... And the best of all, on top of that it comes with the retro skin RetroVenger !

http://www.encountersmedia.be/analogue-classics

https://youtu.be/uJxELZ6ev88
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am
msvs wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:03 pm of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File
Thanks, found them.
Is there a way to automatically have grid display current progression A, B, C, or D as each plays?
Also, FR for arp mode: unique setting per A B C and D plus rearrange per drag, e.g. B A D C.

Also, FR for arp mode: unique setting per A B C and D plus rearrange per drag, e.g. B A D C.
come on, this is possible with the modmatrix and any source, like the stepSQ or a macro button. :idea:

godly, nice one, love the video, too.

Will you made a -20% sale for black friday / xmas ?

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 am
come on, this is possible with the modmatrix and any source, like the stepSQ or a macro button. :idea:
I'm just starting to learn it and have a ways to go. It will be good to know how to assign, for instance A to Up, B to Down, C to chord and D to Alternate, and then re-arrange the order on the fly.

Return to “Instruments”