grm warp, argotlunar and other obscure plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Native Instruments Driver is surprisingly destructive - hardly obscure though.

MGranularMB and MHarmonizerMB together with shifting bands attached to LFOs can get downright freaky.

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 pm
c_voltage wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:02 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:09 pm
c_voltage wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 pm Btw should release soon https://www.re-compose.com/spexx-audio- ... lugin.html , it seems some interesting addition to spectral stuff family
With I'm sure Richard Devine presets :hihi:
Hehe
ImmutableTrepidation wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm that looks very promising thank you so much. im gonna have to demo it sometime when it releases.
Yes i'm plan to grab it too (frankly im big fan of spectral fx's as well). Also i see that in pluginboutiqe there is mention about beta that ready for download after pre-purchase (?) but i may wrong. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... fect-/4815

"You will be issued with a license code and the beta software download. " i not sure what it mean. (Immediately after payment, or not, i mean.)
Spexx is indeed very intriguing, and promising. In fact I was so intrigued that I emailed Re-Compose support to ask some details about that pre-order thing. They emailed me back within minutes with this:

'Customers who complete the pre-order purchase get direct access to the beta version. And, you'll be put on a separate list that receives the latest build with every update that is released. Plus, you can use your license code to activate the full version of the software too.

As is, the beta version uses a prototype user interface (as shown in the video). However, all effects are fully functional, yet the IN/OUT trim controls are automated at the moment and will only become available in the final version of the software - other than that, it's doing what it's supposed to do. Multi-core is causing some hiccups on certain Windows machines, which is currently being investigated.'

So basically if you buy it in pre-order, you already have access to the latest beta build right away + of course the official release once it's out. Very interesting!

Now the real question is: do you trust enough the dev to buy the not yet finished plugin and hope you see the real thing released for real soon? That's the question but at least you have access to the beta.
Thank you for info Neon. About question, well, hehe (there is some ohmies dehjavu right), usually i not to do it, ie require demo version first, but all what relate with spectral processing for me - it's separate case, + we have quite interesting video example. So, i grab it asap getting funds.
For example, if it would been some good complex delay or reverb (with all my love to such devices too), i would be not do it, until check demoversion. Just, can rought to say, this both genres is overfill with already available for using devices of any kind of complexity. EDIT damn, complex phrase a much, i meant - i already bought a bunch of delay and reverbs lol

Oh, how could I forget DTBlkFx? That thing has some insane spectral transformations that I haven't seen anywhere else. The masking functionality is unreal. Free too!

https://rekkerd.org/dtblkfx/

Spexx looks a little barebones to me tbh. A small handful of one-knob processes with no frequency isolation, no modulation that I can see... Always nice to see new spectral plugs and all, but it feels like a leap of faith at the moment. I don't think there's even an explanation of what the modules do at the moment. Feaze could mean anything!

cron wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Spexx looks a little barebones to me tbh. A small handful of one-knob processes with no frequency isolation, no modulation that I can see... Always nice to see new spectral plugs and all, but it feels like a leap of faith at the moment. I don't think there's even an explanation of what the modules do at the moment. Feaze could mean anything!
Yes, totally agree. Of course it's tempting, because yes we're suckers for spectral manglers! But at this price for a beta plugin with no deadline set yet, ouch. From their website it says the finished product will be $79 while the beta is $49. So is the risk worth the $30 difference? I think I'll wait to at least be able to demo/test and hear for a true deadline, not just a vague 'later this year'.

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:52 pm 'later this year'.
Well, more precisely "by end of the year" (until the end of the year there are a few, so, i hope)

ImmutableTrepidation wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am hey guys im really interested in finding new experimental,weird,unique, obscure whatever you want to call it plugins.
These guys even make shopping for a plugin new, experimental, weird, unique, and obscure.

Freakshow Industries.

Fragmental (http://www.niallmoody.com/ndcplugs/fragmental.htm)

My favorite glich plugin of all time. It's too bad that it's not developed anymore and it's still 32bit. The code has been open sourced a long time so I'm surprised that no one has actually picked it up and built on it or at least modernize it for 64bit.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

Tritik got some cool ones especially this one.
https://www.tritik.com/products/moodal/

Also I jsut downloaded a treasure trove of crazy vst effects from CM Magazine like RP Distortion and MicroFuse

Don't forget Jack Dark's super cool (and cute) crazy stuff.

For anyone on OS X, the Michael Norris (free!!!) Soundmagic Spectral suite is a true must. Still can't believe these are free and beat most of the commercial plugins, unreal buttery quality to the sound.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn, i forget all the time the name of those vendor\plugins, this is two paid products with orange (or yellow) interfaces, the same interesting spectral processing judge by info, but for Win it's 32bit only, and perhaps even abandoned, not sure.
But this is perhaps always was in my desire list (since almost everything else has been already grabbed) if would been not 32bit only. All time forget the name.

Freakshow Industries
https://freakshowindustries.com
Not exactly hidden here at KVR tho. There's a good thread here on Dumpster Fire.

cron wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm Not an effect, but Harmor is a must for sample mangling. It's an extraordinarily deep resynthesis tool...

In the freeware standalone world, SPEAR offers resynthesis + graphical editing, and its ability to stretch/shrink partials 'in-place' without stretching the entire sound is something I haven't seen elsewhere. CDP (Composer's Desktop Project) + the SoundShaper front end is worth a look too for bonkers transformations you won't find anywhere...

Xenakios' free Hourglass granular processor is also an essential - probably the most powerful granular synthesis tool around.
+1 Harmor
+1 Hourglass

SPEAR and CDP/Soundshaper, great tips, thanks
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 pm For anyone on OS X, the Michael Norris (free!!!) Soundmagic Spectral suite is a true must. Still can't believe these are free and beat most of the commercial plugins, unreal buttery quality to the sound.
Very nice! Thanks for pointing this out - these are nice audio tools! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 pm For anyone on OS X, the Michael Norris (free!!!) Soundmagic Spectral suite is a true must. Still can't believe these are free and beat most of the commercial plugins, unreal buttery quality to the sound.
Very nice! Thanks for pointing this out - these are nice audio tools! :phones:
:tu: :party:

Return to “Effects”