Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:06 pm Thinking this through logically if you’re still subscribed then there is no benefit to owning one. To see that impact you would need to unsubscribe after 12 months.

This is why I suspect nobody has answered that “yours” question yet.
yeah i get this. but first thing i'd do after 12 months is go about claiming my free VST to see how it works. no-one at all has done this?

rubez wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:10 pm yeah i get this. but first thing i'd do after 12 months is go about claiming my free VST to see how it works. no-one at all has done this?
Same here...

How do I check my YOURS loyalty program credits?
Send an email to customer-service@rolandvirtualsonics.com with the subject “YOURS loyalty program credit check”

https://www.rolandcloud.com/faq
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

great, you can check what you already know... how do you actually claim your VST then?

Would be the first thing I'd do as well, after being subscribed for a year. Claim my plugin.

Is there really noone who did this already?

You can't claim anything, as they still say they haven't launched the Yours program yet.

From their FAQ:
When does this go live?
Stay tuned for forthcoming announcements around this program going live on Roland Cloud. If you have already accrued one year of subscription time at the time this program goes live, you will be awarded an instrument retroactively.
All they have is some info of the not-yet-available Yours program. Which has been not-yet-available for a year and a half now...

And they also still have this in the FAQ as well:
We will be announcing a special Roland Cloud offer for existing Roland Contents Store customers- please stay tuned!
...which has never happened either.

fmr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 am Propellerhead didn't do any key. The key (and copy protection) they are using is from Wibu Systems, the same protection used by Magix in Samplitude Pro (before the current one): https://www.wibu.com/
Thanks for the info fmr. I forgot about that. Always saw it as their own proprietary copy protection system being that Reason is the only thing I have it for.
fmr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 am Personally, I find it the worst of the three dongle based, from the user perspective. Regarding the use of a dongle, one of the good things f Roland Cloud is that we can use it in several computers. If they go through the dongle path, we would be confined to a single computer (unless we carry the key with us) which I would not like. If they decide to go with a dongle, at least I hope they do that just for the permanent licenses and keep the subscription-based authorization as it is right now.

And I agree with you. The subscription value currently is very good.
I got you man. We all know dongles blow for people that use multiple computers, but if it's the way for them to comfortably give the permanent Roland plugin licenses, I've got no problem with that.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

It would be sad if a reputable company like Roland would actually employ such tactics.

(In a planned and premeditated manner i mean.)

The strange thing is that this has happened before and yet the tactic still seems to work.

First Step: Make all sorts of promises to get the people on board that otherwise wouldnt have,
Second Step: When people start asking about those promises you say 'we dont discuss future aspects',
Final Step: You say 'yes, we thought about doing this but ultimately decided against it'.
Recourse = None, after all anything they say is generally 'subject to change without notice'.

Guess one should heed the old saying 'dont buy something based on stuff promised for the future'.

Beyond that one can only hope that Roland is above stunts like that and make good on their promises.

I doubt it was planned. As someone posted earlier, probably a boardroom decision that didn't take into account development reality. I'm guessing they saw the cloud platform as being suitable as just a licence manager but something in the cloud-software manager makes it hard to isolate 'permanent' users from cloud.

Well they had a working system in place pre-cloud, so after nearly 2 years it becomes increasingly difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt. But on the other hand you might be right, maybe there really is something thats more difficult to do than anticipated, so lets see what happens during 2019.

rubez wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:58 am i seem to be stuck in some sort of update loop. i update it, install it, but then the button goes orange again and says it has an update. tried "update all instruments" same thing still. deleted main.db from roaming data which solved it momentarily, then when launching the VST from ableton i got a different error... :dog:
I posted this a few weeks ago after this happened to me, and a few other forum users reported the same issue.
I can help! Had the same problem with the last round of updates and contacted Roland support. Got stuck on the SRX Orchestra update and it just wouldn't go. Here's what fixed it.

1. Sign out of Roland Cloud Manager (click the Cloud Manager icon -> Gear icon for settings -> Account -> Sign Out)
2. Exit Cloud Manager
3. Manually restart Cloud Manager
4. Sign back in to Roland Cloud Manager
That should solve for the update loop.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:34 pm I doubt it was planned. As someone posted earlier, probably a boardroom decision that didn't take into account development reality. I'm guessing they saw the cloud platform as being suitable as just a licence manager but something in the cloud-software manager makes it hard to isolate 'permanent' users from cloud.
if they can code near perfect emulations of 80's analogue synthesizers, come up with the entire cloud platform, it's a bit hard to believe they can't make certain VSTs available to you even after your subscription has lapsed...

it will almost certainly be tied to the cloud manager and still require internet access. not sure what the hold up could be. definitely seems like they are dragging their feet.

rubez wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:17 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:34 pm I doubt it was planned. As someone posted earlier, probably a boardroom decision that didn't take into account development reality. I'm guessing they saw the cloud platform as being suitable as just a licence manager but something in the cloud-software manager makes it hard to isolate 'permanent' users from cloud.
if they can code near perfect emulations of 80's analogue synthesizers, come up with the entire cloud platform, it's a bit hard to believe they can't make certain VSTs available to you even after your subscription has lapsed...

it will almost certainly be tied to the cloud manager and still require internet access. not sure what the hold up could be. definitely seems like they are dragging their feet.
It won't be the coding. Ok well it might concern copy protection, but it's far more likely to be another compliance driven business division causing the issue (ie, legal, finance, tax, etc.)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 pm
rubez wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:58 am i seem to be stuck in some sort of update loop. i update it, install it, but then the button goes orange again and says it has an update. tried "update all instruments" same thing still. deleted main.db from roaming data which solved it momentarily, then when launching the VST from ableton i got a different error... :dog:
I posted this a few weeks ago after this happened to me, and a few other forum users reported the same issue.
I can help! Had the same problem with the last round of updates and contacted Roland support. Got stuck on the SRX Orchestra update and it just wouldn't go. Here's what fixed it.

1. Sign out of Roland Cloud Manager (click the Cloud Manager icon -> Gear icon for settings -> Account -> Sign Out)
2. Exit Cloud Manager
3. Manually restart Cloud Manager
4. Sign back in to Roland Cloud Manager
That should solve for the update loop.
did that multiple times... it didn't help. if you go into roaming data windows folder and delete main.db file that helps.

i just bought the korg wavestation VST today so not caring about the D-50 anymore. would be nice to have a librarian not tied to the cloud though.
Last edited by rubez on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hate that companies in this industry can get away with so much bullshit, they are breaking laws with their false advertising.

Same for Image Line and Spectrasonics that don't respect EU law. Hope one day they are hit with big fines and are nuked out of the industry.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”