Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To use the following you need to lower the filter frequency, as they just add to the frequency. I'm fixing the other things now.

After Touch to Frequency
Key Velocity to Frequency

EQs just boost.

New WIN_Wusik_EVE_V5_Engine.zip file. :cool:

Nov 08 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 56

- Added release sample support to SFZ files.
- Added lorand and hirand support to SFZ files.
- Corrected the sfz volume opcode to use decibels values instead of gain values.
- Added Bypass to the remaining filters.
- Improved the engine installer to allow separated VST2 and VST3 folders, plus the option to select which to install: 32bits and/or 64 bits versions of the plugins.
- Removed the Filter Envelope tool-tip as it has information for Wusik 8008 instead.

Great work, you're really powering. The installer is so much better now and the various fixes.
The sfz release samples still not right.
The Salamander piano I think you downloaded....not right in EVE. Can you try it in a different player. I just tried it in Sforzando and even in the old RGC audio sfz player....no problems.

I still can't seem to get aftertouch to work...adjusted the frequency, my aftertouch works with other synths. Does it only work with certain filters?

I know that what your're doing at the moment must be hugely demanding..I don't want to push you into stress..take your time, I'm just letting you know stuff as I find it.
Last edited by goldglob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No problem, I need this, you are helping me a lot. :hug:

Ok, as for the release samples, I don't know. What I'm doing is if there is a release sample for a keyzone it will stop the sound and play that instead, as it should. So I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or the other players are wrong. :shrugs:

I never tested aftertouch, so I will double check it. I will also check the other things tomorrow.

Cheers, WilliamK

TUN files....something weird here.
The factory install puts 'TUN Files' folder in the Shared folder, but clicking on TUN files in the plugin browser opens nothing.
So I add a user file (pointing to 'TUN files')...great, can access the files inside, but it sits in the browser next to the factory 'TUN Files'. And even if I rename my new user folder to 'TUN Files', then I get two 'TUN Files' folders. Seems to me that if there is a factory 'Tun Files' folder, then EVE should know where it is, and it should just open in the browser (no need to define a user folder).

I was just reading the EVE manual and noticed a picture of the new installer. You show the VST3 install location as Program Files\VST3. That' wrong. As I told you. VST3 plug-ins have a fixed location to be installed and that's not it.

The correct locations for VST3 plug-ins are fixed and are not Program Files\VstPlugIns\VST3. They are:

For 32-bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3.

For 64-bit: Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

These cannot be changed.

Also, if someone chooses to install both 32-bit and 64-bit version, they should be able to choose different locations for VST2 version,. Fo example, I install my 32-bit VSTs in Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns and my 64-bit VSTs in Program Files\VstPlugIns.
Fernando (FMR)

Hope I'm not too late to the party but was about to report a problem based on yesterday's installer. Should really download the latest before setting off the fire alarm though.

The 64 bit dll causes (caused) an exclusion in Reaper. Reaper quarantines the 64 bit dll as defective. Replace with the beta 44 dll and all works fine. Yesterday's build does load the 32 bit version although the bridged (32 to 64) in Reaper cuts off a section of the right GUI. This the problem with Reaper bridging likely.

32 bit EVE works fine in Reaper 32 bit without the GUI artifact that happens with the bridged version.

Have to say that the expanded browser view and the sfz only filter are excellent. I can finally wade through Dimension Pro and target only the sfz files. Plenty of room also to view the tree ladder.

Hard work for you William, but the results are coming together very nice.

Cheers,
John

Fernando, good point, I will fix those, thanks. Do you know the default locations on MAC OSX too? :oops: :hug:

Goldglob, when I loaded the said piano I set the envelope release to maximum, so it would play the release sample, otherwise the envelope will stop the sound before it plays the sample. Is just the way my engine works. I will put in the manual some examples on how to do things and more detailed information on how the audio signal works.

As for TUN files, less than 1% of users will use it, so I left some details in the manual, could you check if my instructions work and are well wroten? Thanks. :-)

Thanks John! :cool:

I will be away this weekend, and next week I will need to work on something else for a friend. But I plan on getting EVE done very soon and will also update all other products to reflect all the changes we made to the engine. :party:

Cheers, WilliamK

William, nope, even with envelope release max can't hear the release samples (and I've turned my headphones up loud). There might be confusion about what I'm calling 'release samples'. Looking at the sfz file I can see towards the end entries for 'hammer noise' and then 'pedal action'....these are what need to be included.

Re TUN files. Your factory install puts a 'TUN Files' folder (containing .tun files) inside the Shared folder. It appears in the browser of course but the dll doesn't know about it...clicking on it does nothing.
OK, yes, so we can create a user folder for TUN files, but if the path to the user folder leads to inside the shared folder I end up with user folder (great) PLUS the original useless TUN files folder showing in the browser.....this is really hard to explain.

One solution is to NOT have the TUN Files folder inside the shared folder...just put it anywhere and set up a user folder pointing to it (just as you would do setting up a user folder pointing to say external sfz instruments).

A better solution I think would be to indeed install the 'TUN files' folder to the shared folder but have the dll know where to find it, just as the dll knows where to find soundsets etc.....so clicking on TUN files in the browser would open the tun files tree and allow loading them...actually this is similar to how it was previously in Wusik Station V8. In fact, the WS V8 way was the best I think ....so install TUN files folder to Shared folder, have 'Add TUN files' in the right click, which just really makes the folder appear in the browser (or not).

WilliamK wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 pm Fernando, good point, I will fix those, thanks. Do you know the default locations on MAC OSX too? :oops: :hug:
in macOS there are two possible locations (all locations are fixed, including the VST - you can't install anywhere else):

the first is common to all users, and is:

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (for VST2 plugins)
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 (for VST3 plugins)
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (for AU plugins)

The second is exclusive for each user, as is as follows:

User Name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (for VST2 plugins)
User Name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 (for VST3 plugins)
User Name/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (for AU plugins)

The installer needs to claim special (admin) privileges (the user has to enter admin password) to install at the common locations. Usually, that's where all installers point to, although the user can later move to the exclusive one.
Fernando (FMR)

Ran the latest installer on a different win 10 machine and can verify that the current installer's 64 bit dll is quarantined by Reaper 5.x. Tried an older version of Reaper 5 to make sure this wasn't something in a newer Reaper build.

Cheers to all, John K

Hi John, my 64 bit dll OK with REAPER (latest version 5.961). Do you get an error message from REAPER when trying to open REAPER or when trying to load the plugin?

New file there. :cool: I optimized the sample player even further, another 20% drop here on my local tests. I also updated the installer so now you can select VST2 32 Bits, VST2 64 Bits, VST3 32 Bits and VST3 64 Bits selection and paths. Using the correct paths as Fernando pointed out. :hug:

I will only be able to post a new file on Monday, as I will travel this weekend. So have a nice weekend guys! :party:

I will still be able to read and comment here, not code. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

BTW: the optimizations I did process 4 voices using see, so play several notes to test. The whole thing will do blocks of 4 voices. With time I may do this sort of code for filters and envelopes.

Return to “Instruments”