Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also updated the manual, the install guide.

Goldglob,

If you got the 64 bit dll running, it's something I got forked up here even if on two different machines. Will redownload the installer, make sure Reaper 5.691 is installed, erase any registry entries and try again. Thanks for the affirmation that the 64 bit dll does work.

John

Cakreshvara wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:03 am Goldglob,

If you got the 64 bit dll running, it's something I got forked up here even if on two different machines. Will redownload the installer, make sure Reaper 5.691 is installed, erase any registry entries and try again. Thanks for the affirmation that the 64 bit dll does work.

John
I just remembered something from installing other older Wusik stuff. You might have to right click the installer (exe file) and 'run as administrator'.

Yes you are right, and I did this anticipating some limitation that would not span across restarts.

One of the most useful hack tools for lay guys like you and me is access to the vst ini files in Reaper.
You probably already know this.

Go to the user and owner profiles. Select App Data and then roaming. Then Reaper has its own folder. The vst ini files are a wealth of information. For me currently, the 64 bit ini file reports EVE 64 bit blacklisted. You can tell with the last vst/vsti installed, the last in the text file. I deleted every 64 bit instance of Reaper which forces a fresh rescan.

A blacklisted vst/vsti is registered as the file then equals a bunch of numbers. If the plug is accepted, it is followed by a comma and the name of the plug. This is really cool because it shows you the name of the plug and thus where to search for it in case the name of the plug is way different than the name of the dll.

Currently for me, EVE 5 64 bit shows up with the equals and a bunch of numbers, but stops there. Means Reaper does a safety block to protect Reaper from crashing.

If you got EVE 64 bit up and running, something I've done wrong. Will work it out and report back.

John

I've dipped my toes into the ini file before but can't remember exactly why. Thanks for the info, good to know. Yep, my 64 bit dll is fine. Here's the entry if it helps (but the string of numbers might be unique to my system I guess).
Wusik_EVE_V5_64.dll=32D085838378D401,1851928695,Wusik EVE V5 (Wusik Dot Com)!!!VSTi
You might be able to use it to manually re-build yours...just wondering....I've done that sort of thing before, where Reaper was seeing an FX as an instrument...and just correcting the text in the ini file solved it....but yeah, I don't really know.
All very interesting.

Thanks Goldglob for the text string. Tried it and like suspected it is unique to a computer. It gets over written by the blacklisted line (no comma followed by a name)

I installed on a third computer with latest Reaper and the same blacklist. VST3 version also blacklisted 32 bit installs fine although the bridge to 64 bit cuts off a big portion of the right GUI.

64 bit installed as administrator, clean install, registry entries deleted.

The three computers don't have anything in common but win 10 OS.

Will try the install of a win 7 computer and in a different DAW. This is probably a William question. Will go through all this again and see if I'm not doing something dumb.

Ver 44 beta works fine. Are you successfully installing the latest download?

John

Win 7 installed on a completely different computer. Reaper the only common element. 64 bit dll installation brings the house down and crashes the M-Audio connection until a restart. Overwriting back to the 44 beta dll works. Problem looking like something bigger than me.

John

That sounds heart breaking. I've had every version since Beta 18 with no install or load problems. And yes have the latest, no Beta number but was on the URL 9-11-18 (and is now). Windows 10 64 bit here. REAPER latest v5.962. I've only ever installed the VST2 64 bit. Even when the install just gave you a folder with all the variants in it I'd just delete all but the VST2 64. (But they're all in the orig zips). Did you have both 32 and 64 installed and showing in REAPER...maybe that's the problem somehow (just guessing). Or do you have both 32 and 64 bit REAPER installed? Have you cleaned the registry with CCleaner? Just throwing things out there. Bloody frustrating.
Last edited by goldglob on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

....is it worth doing a system restore back to before you had the problem...sounds like some sort of system corruption with one of the more recent installs????
EDIT: Hang on, you say it's happening on different computers, so the dll itself must be the problem.
? And you've downloaded it again I'm sure.
Last edited by goldglob on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

...and where were you putting the dlls? Is REAPER still trying to find it (them) somewhere else? Were you leaving them in the Wusik data folder along with the other stuff? That might be a problem? (clutching at straws I know).

Goldglob,

Have done everything as clean and new as possible, installed on virgin computer even. Only thing of importance in this is that you have had a painless progression and everything works like it should be.
Means there is something I am doing wrong here, some common element taking EVE down.

Next step for me is to try to load the latest 64 bit dll on the likes of Sonar or whatever. Troubleshoot if the problem is in Reaper only.

Best,
John K

Cakreshvara wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 am Goldglob,

Have done everything as clean and new as possible, installed on virgin computer even. Only thing of importance in this is that you have had a painless progression and everything works like it should be.
Means there is something I am doing wrong here, some common element taking EVE down.

Next step for me is to try to load the latest 64 bit dll on the likes of Sonar or whatever. Troubleshoot if the problem is in Reaper only.

Best,
John K
Before installing anything else, do the following:

1. Uninstall Wusik EVE, using a special uuninstaller like IObit Uninstaller (which removes any trace of it from the system.
2. Delete ALL folders related to Wusik EVE.
3. Download WIN_Wusik_Engine_Data__SoundCollection.zip (the BIG file) and install everything following the instructions.
4. Download WIN_Wusik_EVE_V5_Engine.zip (the one dated November 9th) and install it.

I did this and have this version installed, and everything is working fine in REAPER (Info says it's version 1.0.0.54). Since you installed things in more than one computer, and you are getting the same problems over and over, you may be installing something wrong.
Fernando (FMR)

Correct, I'm messing something up across the board here. The only thing Ihaven't done is use the large installer. Could also be something in the reaper vst options since there are different protection modes. I'll get it worked out, and thanks for all the advice.
Cheers, John

Cakreshvara wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm Correct, I'm messing something up across the board here. The only thing Ihaven't done is use the large installer. Could also be something in the reaper vst options since there are different protection modes. I'll get it worked out, and thanks for all the advice.
Cheers, John
I never touched REAPER VST options, and usually everything works fine in there. Actually, REAPER is perhaps the most forgiving host I ever experienced. I advise you to use the default VST options and don't mess with them.
Fernando (FMR)

Agreed, if Reaper goes down something's not right.

I've done complete cleanup and reinstall with the same end point blacklist of 64 bit dll, vsti3 dlls both 32 and 64 bit. New installer vsti2 32 bit works fine. Strange that replacing the installer dll with the older beta 44 fixes everything. Down to two problems maybe. A corrupt download and possibly not installing the large sound file with data needed to get the new installer to work. Very limited rural bandwidth out here in the bushes so trying to spare the big one, and already have the sounds. Would ask where the default location is for the soundsets so I can prime the location with a few libraries. If this doesn't work, it's a trip to the big city library to use their connection. More than likely, this is the issue.

John

Return to “Instruments”